Angels and Angles, Part One: Cupid & Psycho

Committed Hero

Adventurer
There were no signs of violence in the car - but she was appearently strangled.

You both recognize Westwood as a trendy area where quite a few screen stars live.

The Shaman

First Post
Does the cop give Ricky directions to a coffee shop or something? Does he have a strong enough reaction to be being caught watching us that my AWFUL Sense Motive roll picks up anything worthwhile? I'll assume not...

Ricky turns back to Trask, tucks his notebook away. “I’ve seen everything I need for now. Are you ready?” He returns to his seat, picks up his hat and coat, and heads for the door.

One the way out Ricky stops at the duty officer’s desk. “Thanks very much for your help, Sergeant. We appreciate your cooperation.” He turns to leave, then turns back and asks, “By the way, what watch is Officer Rypien working?”

After they agents leave the building, Ricky says to Trask, “Let’s be careful what we say around the local police. It looks like they’re trying to sweep this under the rug. I don’t know how much cooperation we can expect.”

Ricky thinks for a moment. “She was dead for three days before her body was found. Hopefully the coroner can tell us if she was in the dumpster that whole time or not. I’m guessing she wasn’t.” He looks around the street. “I really do want another cup of coffee. Does the car have a road map in the glove box? I’d like to plot all these locations, see how they relate to each other. I’m thinking coroner first, then the crime scene and the car before we head for Westwood. Whaddya think?”

Committed Hero

Adventurer
[sorry]

The cop, a junior grade by the looks of it, mumbles directions to a cafe and tries to leave as soon as possible.

Rypien is a beat cop who works the area in which Dowling was found.

Candide

First Post
(yeah, yeah. School and all. Long classes, blah blah. Anyway.)

Trask looks at Garces to answer the question, "Yes we should. Do you think we should talk to the family too? Maybe they have some addtional information we can pick up. Though dealing witht them might be a bit difficult."

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Mark Kafesjian is tall and lanky, and enjoys the echoing sounds of his cowboy boots on the tiled floor of the coroner's office. You would expect someone who works here to have simple ways to keep himself company.

"We released the body to her mother, who drove up from San Diego. She left us a picture - not a bad looking gal. We had to make her with fingerprints since the killer performed some post mortem mutilation. That would indicate to me some sort of obsession with her identity, but for the life of me I don't know why - she's not a celebrity."

The picture shows a shy, pretty blonde. The autopsy pictures are less appealing.

"Not much in the way of forensic evidence. I think the killer had the corpse around for a few days, and may have tried to clean up. A few fibers, no useful prints."

You can both make a Research Check while poring over the autopsy report.

The Shaman

First Post
Ricky nods in agreement with Trask. “Yeah, her parents, brothers and sisters, who ever can shed some light on this. Right now I’d like to know a little bit more about how she died and get the crime scene, on the off chance there’s still something there after two days.”

At the coroners’ office Ricky listens as Dr. Kafesjian describes Dowling’s injuries. Post-mortem mutilation. Serial killer? The thought leaves Ricky with a cold knot in the pit of his stomach. Javert may not get his quiet, tidy investigation after all.

Ricky reads over the report before asking the coroner additional questions. Research: 9 - 11 if +2 synergy for Knowledge (behavioral sciences).

Committed Hero, Bobitron's Sidewinder: Recoiled OoC thread is up - he's holding a space for you if you're interested.

Remove ads