Anne Hathaway cast as Selina "Catwoman" Kyle in upcoming Batman 3

Klaus

First Post
Wait ... did someone just try and say Selena Kyle isn't a femme fatale?
Since getting the spotlight in her own series, specially in the latest incarnation, Selina has been more of a straightforward character, going so far as to date Bruce (she knows the secret). So she became less of the archetypal femme fatale, the mysterious dame that serves only to complicate and endanger the life of the protagonist.

Herschel

Adventurer
If you've seen Anne Hathaway in Havoc or Love and Other Drugs, you can see the sultry sexual. If you want acting chops? Rachel Getting Married (wow). And simply googling her name and looking images, you can get the idea. I think she'll be great.

Just because she's kind of cute and takes her clothes off does not mean she'd make a good Selina Kyle. Hathaway can do a lot of things well, and I'll give Nolan the benefit of the doubt with his track record, but I'm still a bit skeptical she has the slink to pull it off.

And now we know why they call it The Dark Knight Rises (rimshot).

Really, though, I think she'll do fine. Nolan is an extraordinary director. As someone mentioned before, I was skeptical of Heath Ledger as Joker, especially being such a huge fan of Nicholson. But Ledger knocked it out of the ball park.

Nolan's take on the Dark Knight is fantastic, and I'm quite certain that Hathaway will do quite well.

Remove ads