Dark Knight Rises (review and discussion) [major spoilers from second post onwards]

renau1g

First Post
Well I enjoyed the movie, too bad you didn't Janx, although going in thinking that the main antagonist is stupid probably isn't going to lead to a good experience.

Did I like it as much as TDK? No, Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker was incredible, I felt he actually gave some realism to what I consider one of the most challenging villains in the Batman universe to portray.

I actually liked that there was some focus on the other characters, including Robin, & the Commish (I do enjoy him). I do wonder though if the batcopter had those guns on it, why Batman didn't just mow down Bane's thugs (along with him) from the air?

As any movie, you can pick apart continuity or minor issues all day, but I felt overall the movie was a very enjoyable experience, my top 2 this year along with Avengers. The length didn't seem bad, I was hoping for more actually, more Selina Kyle development, or a longer fight scene with Bane at the end, etc. Hopefully there's some additional footage in an Director's Cut (like the LOTR Extended editions).

Remove ads