Dark Knight Rises (review and discussion) [major spoilers from second post onwards]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I still say what Alfred saw at the end was just the fantasy of a lonely old man. Bruce died and Selina went away alone. That is all.

If it wasn't, how could a famous billionaire whose last public activity was losing his fortune and control of a megacompany manage to stay in cognito for any length of time anywhere that has the Internet? It was a silly ending.

ssampier

First Post
I still say what Alfred saw at the end was just the fantasy of a lonely old man. Bruce died and Selina went away alone. That is all.

I thought that, too. It all depends on who writes/directs the next Batman.

It should be interesting if Warner Brothers does make the rumored Justice League movie.

Herschel

Adventurer
If it wasn't, how could a famous billionaire whose last public activity was losing his fortune and control of a megacompany manage to stay in cognito for any length of time anywhere that has the Internet? It was a silly ending.

Because every trace of Bruce and Selena was erased FROM the internet. Thats what the "Clean Slate" program was for. Someone, somewhere may recognize him but they'd be going from memory or physical records.

Joker

First Post
... or fart joke.

It's subtle but it's in all the Batman movies. Everytime he leaves when someone's talking to him he actually just cut the cheese.
It all culminates to the point where Selena leaves while he's talking and he says to himself: "So, that's what that smells like."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Because every trace of Bruce and Selena was erased FROM the internet. Thats what the "Clean Slate" program was for. Someone, somewhere may recognize him but they'd be going from memory or physical records.

Or all of the ongoing news reports that would pop up about how Bruce Wayne was mysteriously erased from the Internet, possibly with someone noting that wanted criminal Selina Kyle was erased at the same time. Like I said: A silly ending.

I think the Nolans came close to just phoning this one in.

Herschel

Adventurer
Yeah, because someone as smart as Bruce and his crew are going to be dumb enough just to bludgeon erase and then not have an ongoing sweep. :confused:

Selina Kyle disappeared with the Clean Slate. Bruce just faked his death the classic way. If anyone saw him, they'd either be dismissed, or folks would assume he just ran away after losing his fortune.

Plus, he disappeared before, in the prologue to Batman Begins.

Remove ads