Any interest in an Eberron Adventure Path (1-20)?

shilsen

Adventurer
megamania said:
Still filling in the blanks but something along the line of the return of a NEW / thought removed Dragon-Mark and the chaos / revenge wrought by it.

Emerald Claw have interest in controlling it

Dragons will want to study it and / or aid it or destroy it

Other existing Dragon Mark Houses will have strong feeling towards it

Possible war between two nations will erupt over it

Travel to Mournlands and Argonnessean (sp) required (at least once)

Try to use as many crunchy pieces from as many Eberron books as I can complete with referrences.

I'm figuring March to June is when I would start posting. I want to have Levels 1-6 completed first.
Interesting idea. Are you planning for this to be lost Mark of Death (what Vol has) or a new dragonmark?

And are you thinking about having the dragonmark appear on one of the PCs? That has one big advantage in tying the PCs very strongly into the plot/adventures, but it also has the downside that it makes one or two PCs a lot more central to the campaign than others.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Are you planning for this to be lost Mark of Death (what Vol has) or a new dragonmark?

That was my question, too! :)
I think either way could conceivably work, depending on what the overall story is about.

And are you thinking about having the dragonmark appear on one of the PCs? That has one big advantage in tying the PCs very strongly into the plot/adventures, but it also has the downside that it makes one or two PCs a lot more central to the campaign than others.

Actually, if you're gonna be doing a campaign heavily focusing on Dragonmarks, why not havce each of the PC's get an Abberant Dragonmark as a "Freebie Feat" to start with? (We ran an Eberron game for awhile, and that served to REALLY link the party together.)

And it really serves the "What is UP with the Dragonmarks??" theme nicely, IMO. ;)

If needed, I'm happy to toss out ideas, and/or brianstorm with you; Im a big fan of the "Adventure Path" concept, and I'd really like to see this project happen! :)

Last edited:

shilsen said:
Interesting idea. Are you planning for this to be lost Mark of Death (what Vol has) or a new dragonmark?

Part of why I doubt much of this will be posted until months from now is the "support" material I plan on having. This would include new abberant Dragonmarks. What I have in mind is not an existing Dragonmark thought lost but a new one. This is in part why the dragons would be so involved.

On top of the normal story I am hoping to include red herron adventures and possible ways to get groups back on track if they go off the main adventure. Then there is all of the links and "for more info on Broken Anvil Tavern see page..." type of stuff.

ShadowDenizen said:
Actually, if you're gonna be doing a campaign heavily focusing on Dragonmarks, why not havce each of the PC's get an Abberant Dragonmark as a "Freebie Feat" to start with? (We ran an Eberron game for awhile, and that served to REALLY link the party together.)

And it really serves the "What is UP with the Dragonmarks??" theme nicely, IMO. ;)

If needed, I'm happy to toss out ideas, and/or brianstorm with you; Im a big fan of the "Adventure Path" concept, and I'd really like to see this project happen! :)

I considered this but I'm not sure I want to limit a player that way. Especially since there is more to it than just the Dragon Mark. ;)

I've rewritten part One several times already. Trying to give clues to the overall storyline without giving up the theme and include many published NPCs and locations isn't as easy as I had hoped.

My Creation Schema story was much easier. Find the six parts, figure out their mystery, stop them from being assembled and destroy each of the six parts. Much easier.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
megamania said:
My Creation Schema story was much easier. Find the six parts, figure out their mystery, stop them from being assembled and destroy each of the six parts. Much easier.
:confused: Was this inspired by the Rod of Seven Parts?

Not exactly.

Schemas in Eberron are magical tools used to improve or enhance spells. This one was a six piece unit that did nothing on its own but if all six were gathered the magical mind was awkened. This mind was what "created" the forges to create the warforged and required to "power-up" the existing forges.

Problem is- it was evil and had the ability to possession constructs and certain tools.

So it was a combo of finding the parts, keeping them from others, and learning why House Cannith got rid of the parts to begin with. Worse- on a facility off of our plane they had attempted to create a "twin" that was controllable. The twin was worse because it had a grudge against House Cannith.

Lots of fun when your party, each faction of Cannith, Emerald Claw, Lord of Blades, various Chamber members are all competeing for the pieces with the Trust and Dark lanterns becoming involved because as it turns out, a VERY rich dwarf was payrolling many of the seperate groups to locate it to begin with.

Maybe I should just clean that story up and rewrite as an Adventure path.....

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I would be. I've found that the Paizo APs, for example, do much more to introduce a setting to new players than the dedicated setting sourcebooks do (because players are actually experiencing the setting, as opposed to merely reading about it). I'd like to lose gazetteers and see publishers switch to a 'reveal the setting through actual play' approach (via APs). I know I'm in a minority here but, all the same, more APs can only be good.

ShadowDenizen said:

I am beinning to think this is the best way to start the storyline afterall. It does give the PCs a reason to take up the adventure, good patrons, built in intrigue (even between players) and most of all- side stories and adventures that would make sense without completely changing things.

With that in mind- a quick rewrite tonight and a bite of retooling and I can begin typing up the final version in the month of January and have it Posted in the second half of Feb.

Pseudopsyche

First Post
I would also love to see an Eberron adventure path. The setting has too few good published adventures, particularly ones longer than the individual adventures seen in Dungeon. Right now Nic Logue's trilogy and Eyes of the Lich Queen are it, to my knowledge. IMHO, the absence of such a "killer app" has really set Eberron back.

Remove ads