Anyone Willing To Run Kingmaker? (Full)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Oh that reminds me...

You do have Ray of Frost in your spell book. It just takes up two zero level slots to prepare it. But after that you can cast it as much as you like.

I never read the a fore mentioned books, sorry.

Hmmm... maybe The Red Prince will be what the commoners whisper when they speak of your character.

HM

Shayuri

First Post
Did we ever decide what my rogue's relation to the Prince was beyond her duty? I recall some talk of her being a sister, but I want to see what you guys think.

I could see her being a sister, or perhaps a half-sister by way of their dad...which might explain her low status in the household. She could also be a cousin, perhaps from a branch of the family that suffered a humiliating disaster which she survived...

Or just some girl they picked up, dusted off, and trained for this job.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I think we need more blood than half blood relations now.

I saw her as the older sister that perhaps was saved by her little brother and she is now indebted (some personal code i.e. monk ;)) to Liam.

I'm slightly curious as to what you "figured out" about your characters role.

I settled for mine to be almost a non-combatant himself and just using abilities and spells (and later summon monsters) during a fight to help the others.

I almost went with cleric/druid as my multi-talented choices.

HM

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Did we ever decide what my rogue's relation to the Prince was beyond her duty? I recall some talk of her being a sister, but I want to see what you guys think.

I could see her being a sister, or perhaps a half-sister by way of their dad...which might explain her low status in the household. She could also be a cousin, perhaps from a branch of the family that suffered a humiliating disaster which she survived...

Or just some girl they picked up, dusted off, and trained for this job.

See what you can do with trying to tie in the character to one of us. I'm up for having another relative. It can be the revenge of the bastard children. But if you want to have another connection through other means, that would be great also. If she is part of the court, maybe she took either Dane's side to crown himself or Rhote's side in support of Liam. If she was travelling more, maybe she ran into Bron or learned some sneaking around from Pixie.

Or maybe she was unaffiliated with us, but got caught up on the wrong end of court intrigues and is finding herself shuffled off with us. Or maybe you are there on Dane's behalf to keep a secretive watch on us.

Kaodi

Hero
Could we perhaps get all of the characters posted in the RG by the end of tomorrow? Been five days since the last movement on this, and I am thinking we ought to get going, lest things peter out before they even begin.

If you are still undecided about relation, Shayuri, I would probably suggest a cousin (maybe second or third) who was not set to inherit due to the rules of primogeniture, and was thus trained to serve one of her more well positioned relatives.

mazzoli

First Post
I'll take this moment to let everybody know that I'm still aboard and ready to start things up once all the characters are decided and posted.

Shayuri

First Post
I will post asap. It won't be until this evening though, because Enworld appears to seriously seriously love crashing my browser at work. I have to interrupt the page loading to post even this much.

However, the character is pretty much ready. Ready at least to start with.

More soon!

Kaodi

Hero
How do you guys tend to look for pictures for your characters? I tried Google, and I came up with a couple. The problem is, however, that the picture that I saw that might have been close to perfect (I should have known better than to go to a site I was not familiar with, conceptart dot org, especially when the file is called "attachment.php") I tried to open it and got a warning from my virus detector that a threat was blocked. I mean, what places are *safe* outside of known websites like deviantART, and whatever that older website of the same sort was called...?

Annoys me, because that is like the first time that has happened in the two and a half years I have had this computer.

Anyway, this is alright, thought the armour and weapons are of the wrong sort.
Female Warrior Fate by *MeganeRid on deviantART

Shayuri

First Post
Here's what I came up with. It's convoluted in the way only crazy fantasy-medieval stories can be. :)

------------

Kyria Estanes is the daughter of Ursula Estanes from her marriage to the doomed old Lord Harkwood, who then married Rugar Estanes, the brother of Oriana Chelias...the wife of the king of Chelias. The Estanes, a small frontier House whose control of a few strategic resources is the only thing that keeps them on the map, had their fortunes change with the unexpected marriage to the royal House. They mean to see to it that this fortune is not lost.

Haughty Prince Liam; an embarrassment to his father the king, was an opportunity for Rugar and Ursula Estanes. With the cunning born of being underdogs, they laid their plans. Rugar and Ursula had a son together as well as Ursula and Harkwood's daughter; the elder of the two. The son was needed to carry the line, but the daughter... Well, a diplomatic marriage was possible, but they saw another possibility. She was still quite young, and there was time.

The girl was already tomboyish and a scamp as a child, with a reputation for sneaking around the old keep through passages only she knew of, and making mischief. Qualities they could use. The training began.

Years later, and after consultation with Oriana, the Estanes presented their son Kurt to be squire and manservant to Prince Liam.

The king and queen knew the deception, or thought they did. They knew 'Kurt' was Kyria, a girl. They had seen Kyria's skills and were impressed. Disguised as a boy, for her protection, and for the protection of reputation, and for the simple fact that Liam would be more likely to listen to her that way.

And of course, the crafty Estanes wouldn't MIND if their daughter and the Prince took a shine to one another either. But even if not, they had a tie to the royal family's next generation. A weaker one than Oriana, but it was something they could work with...

As for Kyria, she plays the part dutifully for now, perhaps out of loyalty, perhaps out of an agenda of her own.

Human Rogue 1

Str 11 1
Dex 18 10 +2
Con 12 2
Int 13 3
Wis 12 2
Cha 12 2

BAB 0
HP 8+
Init +4

Fort +1
Ref +6
Will +1

Race
Bonus Feat
Bonus skill
Etc

Class
Trapfinding
Sneak attack 1d6

Feats
1 Point Blank Shot
B Combat Expertise

Skills 10
Acrobatics (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)
Bluff (Cha) +5 (1 + 1 cha + 3 class)
Disable Device (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)
Disguise (Cha) +5 (1 + 1 cha + 3 class)
Knowledge (local) (Int) +5 (1 + 1 int + 3 class)
Perception (Wis) +5 (1 + 1 wis + 3 class)
Perform (Cha) +5 (1 + 1 wis + 3 class)
Sense Motive (Wis) +5 (1 + 1 wis + 3 class)
Sleight of Hand (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)
Stealth (Dex) +8 (1 + 4 dex + 3 class)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Rereading the rules on Bluff and disguise...I think I'll have to drop the part about pretending to be a boy. That was largely just for RP fun anyway.

Will fix.

Remove ads