Anyone Willing To Run Kingmaker? (Full)

Kaodi

Hero
Oh no, please do not get the wrong idea. I am more concerned that you are trying to include me, ;) .

I mean, other than perhaps saying that the Swordlord who gave Pixie a stay of execution did so because he or she was looking for someone expendable to send with Liam, because the Swordlord was an acquaintance of Liam's father, I do not think there is anything else I could change.

mazzoli

First Post
I think that the idea of one person playing the outsider, trying to fit into the group that they're only traveling with through happenstance while the rest of the party is already familiar with each other, could be a fun time if Kaodi is up for it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
About to run out and watch the fireworks.

Got Bron up just in time.
Background I need to know how we are doing this I'm fine any old way.

I have Bron as a 19 yr old so old King Parsan was out doing some adventuring right after Liam was born. Perhaps going to the elves for assistance or could have been passing through.

Try to be brief...

King Parsan wasn't around when Bron was born (probably didn't learn about him till the half-elf was 3 or 4.

That was about when the elves wanted to send the boy away. The King took him to a temple up near the Golushkin Mountains. He spent the rest of his youth at there.

During his youth he would venture out into the surrounding wildlands. There he discovered the Druidic Order of the White Lions. And found he was destined to one day summon a celestial lion to be his boon companion.

Lot more for the middle I need to know if the age is ok or should I have him older as a half-elf should be or what anyone else wishes to do.

Oh and also if taking a subdomain is allowed for an animal shaman.

HM

Shayuri

First Post
...kind of crappily, actually.

The mechanics of the character are refusing to match up with my concept of the character.

I want the character to be a silent killer. Fearsome and quick.

This does not describe my efforts thus far at creating a rogue. Mostly on account of the 'fearsome' adjective. Silent I can do. Quick...check. But trying to do silent, quick AND fearsome is giving me a bit of a problem. Rogues aren't really fearsome by any measure, at least not at 1st level.

I'm just spoiled by 4e. You can do sneak attacks WAY easier in that, without depending on a flanking buddy. Trying to figure out how to make this character halfway decent in combat is like trying to do my own dentistry though. Blargh.

I'll come up with something. I may have to ditch the 'bodyguard' angle though. Right now she can barely guard her OWN body, let alone a Prince who's a dozen times more capable in battle. Maybe he should be guarding me. :)

EDIT - I'm an idiot.

Okay, I think I've figured this out now. :)

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
This is what I have so far, and it took me the entire afternoon (damn complex rulesets). I wanted to give everyone a chance to look at it before I posted it to the RG:

Rhote Prinez the Discarded

Basic Information
[sblock]
Race: Tiefling (Infernal)
Class: Wizard Fire Elementalist (Water Opposed)
Level: 1
Experience: -1000
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Languages: Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Draconic, Ignan, Undercommon
Deity: Atheist
[/sblock]

Abilities
[sblock]
Base Abilities
STR: 10 +0 (00 pts)
INT: 18 +4 (10 pts) +2 racial
WIS: 12 +1 (2 pts)
DEX: 16 +3 (5 pts) +2 racial
CON: 12 +1 (2 pts)
CHA: 9 -1 (1 pt) -2 racial
Vision: Darkvision (60 ft)
Speed: 30' base
Type: Humanoid
[/sblock]

Combat Statistics
[sblock]
HP: 7 = [1d06 + CON (01)]
AC: 13 = [10 + DEX (3) + Armor (0)]
AC Touch: 13 = [10 + DEX (3)]
AC Flatfooted: 10 = [10 + Armor (0)]
INIT: +3 = [DEX (3) + Misc (0)]
BAB: +0
CMB: +0 = [BAB (0) + STR (0)]
CMD: 13 = [10 + BAB (0) + STR (00) + DEX (3)]
Fortitude: +1 = [Wizard (0) + CON (1)]
Reflex: +3 = [Wizard (0) + DEX (3)]
Will: +3 = [Wizard (2) + WIS (1)]
Speed: 30'
Damage Reduction: Cold, Electricity Resistance at 5, and Fire Resistance at 10.
Spell Resistance: 0
Spell Failure: 0
Weapon Statistics
Quarterstaff: Attack: +0 = [BAB (0) + Str (0)]
- Damage: 1d6, Crit: x2, Special: B
Sling: Attack: +3 = [BAB (0) + Dex (3)]
- Damage: 1d4, Crit: x2, Range: 50 ft, Special: B
Fire Jet: Ranged Touch Attack: +3 = [BAB (0) + Dex (3)]
- Damage: 1d6+1 Fire, DC: 15 Reflex Save for half, Failed Save results in 1d6 points of fire damage a round until extinguished by making a full round action and DC 15 Reflex Save. Rolling on the ground gives a +2 circumstance bonus on the save. Dousing the creature with water automatically extinguishes the flame. Can use this ability a 7 times a day.
[/sblock]

Racial Features
[sblock]
Ability Adjustments: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma. Tieflings are quick in body and mind, but are inherently strange.
Size: Medium
Speed: 30'
Senses: Darkvision (60 feet.)
Racial Skill Bonuses: +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Stealth checks.
Spell-Like Abilities: Darkness 1/day (caster level equals the tiefling's class level.)
Resistance(s): Cold, Electricity, and Fire resistance 5.
Fiendish Sorcery: Tiefling sorcerers with the Abyssal or Infernal bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer class abilities.
Languages: Tieflings begin play speaking Common and either Abyssal or Infernal. Tieflings with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Abyssal, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Infernal, and Orc.
[/sblock]

Class Features:
[sblock]
Proficiencies: Wizards are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, and quarterstaff, but not with any type of armor or shield. Armor interferes with a wizard's movements, which can cause his spells with somatic components to fail.
Spell Casting: Arcane, intelligence-based caster
Arcane Bond: At 1st level, wizards form a powerful bond with an object or a creature. This bond can take one of two forms: a familiar or a bonded object. A familiar is a magical pet that enhances the wizard's skills and senses and can aid him in magic, while a bonded object is an item a wizard can use to cast additional spells or to serve as a magical item. Once a wizard makes this choice, it is permanent and cannot be changed.
Raven Familiar (name of Eyres)
CR 1/6; XP 65; N Tiny animal; Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6; DEFENSE AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 size) hp 3; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3
OFFENSE: Speed 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (average); Melee bite +4 (1d3–4)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
STATISTICS: Str 2, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Atk +3; CMB +0; CMD 6
Feats Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +6, Perception +6
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Familiar
The master of a raven familiar gains a +3 bonus on Appraise checks.
+1 natural armor, 6 Intelligence, Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link
ECOLOGY: The raven is an omnivorous scavenger that eats carrion, insects, food waste, berries, and even small animals.
Cantrips
Wizards can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, each day, as noted on Table: Wizard under “Spells per Day.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. A wizard can prepare a cantrip from an opposition school, but it uses up two of his available slots (see below).
Scribe Scroll
At 1st level, a wizard gains Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat.
Bonus Feats
At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, a wizard gains a bonus feat. At each such opportunity, he can choose a metamagic feat, an item creation, or Spell Mastery. The wizard must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including caster level minimums. These bonus feats are in addition to the feats that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. The wizard is not limited to the categories of Item Creation Feats, Metamagic Feats, or Spell Mastery when choosing those feats.
Spellbooks
A wizard must study his spellbook each day to prepare his spells. He cannot prepare any spell not recorded in his spellbook, except for read magic, which all wizards can prepare from memory.
A wizard begins play with a spellbook containing all 0-level wizard spells (except those from his opposed schools, if any; see Arcane Schools) plus three 1st-level spells of his choice. The wizard also selects a number of additional 1st-level spells equal to his Intelligence modifier to add to the spellbook.
Arcane Spells and Armor
Armor restricts the complicated gestures required while casting any spell that has a somatic component. The armor and shield descriptions list the arcane spell failure chance for different armors and shields.
If a spell doesn't have a somatic component, an arcane spellcaster can cast it with no arcane spell failure chance while wearing armor. Such spells can also be cast even if the caster's hands are bound or he is grappling (although concentration checks still apply normally). The metamagic feat Still Spell allows a spellcaster to prepare or cast a spell without the somatic component at one spell level higher than normal. This also provides a way to cast a spell while wearing armor without risking arcane spell failure.
Fire Elementalist
The fire elementalist sees a world around him that is made to burn, and he can bring that fire to consume his foes. He has also learned that fire can purify and protect, if properly controlled.
Fire Supremacy (Su)
You gain resistance 5 to fire. At 10th level, this resistance increases to 10. At 20th level, you gain immunity to fire damage. In addition, whenever you are within 5 feet of a source of flame at least as large as a campfire, you can draw the fire around you for 1 round as a swift action. Anyone striking you with a melee weapon or unarmed strike takes an amount of fire damage equal to 1/2 your wizard level (minimum 1). Weapons with reach avoid this damage.
Fire Jet (Su)
As a standard action, you can send forth a 20-foot line of fire. Anyone in this line takes 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two wizard levels you possess. A successful Reflex save halves this damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 your wizard level + your Intelligence modifier. Creatures that fail their saving throw catch fire and take 1d6 points of fire damage on the following round. Creatures that catch fire can avoid this damage by taking a full-round action to extinguish the flames by making a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground gives a +2 circumstance bonus on the save. Dousing the creature with water automatically extinguishes the flame. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.
Dancing Flame (Su)
At 8th level, as a standard action, you can sculpt fire to suit your desires. With one use of this ability you can move any nonmagical fire up to 30 feet. Alternatively you can use this ability to alter any fire spell that you cast with a duration of instantaneous by removing any number of squares from its area of affect. If the fire spell has a duration, you can use this ability to reposition the spell, within its original range (treat this as if you had just cast the spell, even though the duration is unchanged). You cannot use this ability on a fire spell that you did not cast. If you move a nonmagical flame, it must have a new source of fuel. If it does not, it is extinguished in one round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1/2 your wizard level.
Fire Elementalist Spells (Add 1 a day from list per spell level known)
0th—spark; 1st—burning hands, dancing lantern; 2nd—burning gaze, elemental speech, elemental touch, fire breath, flaming sphere, pyrotechnics, resist energy, scorching ray, summon monster II; 3rd—campfire wall, draconic reservoir, elemental aura, fireball, flame arrow, protection from energy; 4th—detonate, dragon's breath, elemental body I, fire shield, fire trap, firefall, summon monster IV, wall of fire; 5th—elemental body III, fire snake, geyser, planar adaptation, planar binding, lesser, summon monster V; 6th—contagious flame, elemental body III, planar binding, sirocco, summon monster VI; 7th—delayed blast fireball, elemental body IV, firebrand, planar adaptation, mass, summon monster VII; 8th—incendiary cloud, planar binding, greater, summon monster VIII, wall of lava; 9th—fiery body, gate, meteor swarm
Water Elementalist Spells (Opposed school. Need 2 slots to memorize)
0th—ray of frost; 1st—hydraulic push, obscuring mist, touch of the sea; 2nd—accelerate poison, elemental speech, elemental touch, fog cloud, resist energy, slipstream, summon monster II; 3rd—aqueous orb, draconic reservoir, elemental aura, hydraulic torrent, protection from energy, sleet storm, water breathing; 4th—detonate, dragon's breath, elemental body I, ice storm, solid fog, summon monster IV, wall of ice; 5th—cloudkill, cone of cold, elemental body III, geyser, planar adaptation, planar binding, lesser, summon monster V; 6th—elemental body III, fluid form, freezing sphere, planar binding, summon monster VI; 7th—control weather, elemental body IV, planar adaptation, mass, summon monster VII, vortex; 8th—horrid wilting, planar binding, greater, polar ray, seamantle, summon monster VIII; 9th—gate, tsunami, world wave
[/sblock]

Feats
[sblock]
Scribe Scroll (Class Bonus Feat)
Still Spell
[/sblock]

Traits
[sblock]
Theoretical Magician: +2 trait bonus to Spellcraft
Desperate Focus: +2 trait bonus to Concentration
[/sblock]

Skills
[sblock]
Skill Points: 6 = [Base (2) + INT (4)/Level; FC (0), Misc (0)]
Skills

Acrobatics: +3 (Stat +3 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Appraise: +11 (Stat +4 , Rank +1, Misc +3 (familiar), CS +3)
Bluff: +1 (Stat -1 , Rank, Misc +2 (race), CS)
Climb: 0 (Stat , Rank, Misc, CS)
Craft (Jewelry): +8 (Stat +4 , Rank +1, Misc, CS +3)
Diplomacy: -1 (Stat -1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Disable Device: N/A (Stat +3 , Rank, Misc , CS)
Disguise: -1 (Stat -1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Escape Artist: +3 (Stat +3 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Fly: +3 (Stat +3 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Handle Animal: N/A : (Stat -1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Heal: +1 (Stat +1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Intimidate: -1 (Stat -1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (Arcana): +8 (Stat +4 , Rank +1, Misc, CS +3)
Knowledge (Dngnrng): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (Engnrng): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (Geography): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (History): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (Local): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (Nature): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (Nobility): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Knowledge (Planes): +8 (Stat +4 , Rank +1, Misc, CS +3)
Knowledge (Religion): N/A (Stat +4 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Linguistics: +8 (Stat +4 , Rank +1, Misc, CS +3)
Perception: +1 (Stat +1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Perform: : -1 (Stat -1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Profession: N/A (Stat +1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Ride: +3 (Stat +3 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Sense Motive: +1 (Stat +1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Sleight of Hand: N/A (Stat +3 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Spellcraft: +10 (Stat +4 , Rank +1, Misc +2 (trait), CS +3)
Stealth: +5 (Stat +3 , Rank, Misc +2 (race), CS)
Survival: : +1 (Stat +1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
Swim: 0 (Stat, Rank, Misc, CS)
Use Magic Device: N/A (Stat -1 , Rank, Misc, CS)
[/sblock]

Spells
[sblock]
Spellbook:
Cantrips: All Except Ray of Frost
Level 1: Enlarge Person, Shield, Identify, Burning Hands
Memorized:
Cantrips: Spark, Resistance, Detect Magic, Read Magic
Level 1: Enlarge Person, Burning Hands
Concentration: +7
[/sblock]

Equipment
[sblock]
Spellbook (0 gp, 1 lb)
Simple Homespun Cotton Outfit (0 gp, 0 lbs)
Quarterstaff (0 gp, 4 lbs)
Sling (0 gp, 0 lbs)
- 20x Bullets (0.2 gp, 10 lbs)
Waterskin (1 gp, 4 lbs)
Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs)
Bedroll (0.1 gp, 5 lbs)
6x Trail Rations (3 gp, 6 lbs)
Flint and Steel (1 gp, 0 lbs)
2x Smokesticks (40 gp, 1 lbs)
22 gp 4 sp

Total Weight: 33 lbs

----------------Light Medium Heavy
Max Weight: 0-33 34-66 67-100
[/sblock]

Details
[sblock]
Size: Medium
Height: 6'1'', 6'3" at top of 2-inch horns. 3.5-foot long tail.
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Penetrating light blue
Skin Color: Dusky
[/sblock]

Background
[sblock]
Rhote is the illegitimate son of King Parsan Chelias and a lilin devil named Ashkere, though none besides them know the circumstances of their liaison, and of this, they do not speak. When Rhote was ten years old, his mother delivered him into the arms of his father to continue his courtly training. He was never acknowledged as the king's son, nor was the nature of his strange mother revealed. But his features spoke too much, though mostly for the ill. Rhote had trouble adjusting to the court, as he could not understand why the administrators treated their subjects with such a lenient hand. His angry demeanor and the hostile court resulted in Rhote developing a cynical, anti-social set of behaviors. Except for a handful of notable examples, Rhote kept to himself and his court studies.

He tried to connect with his father, but the king held his distance because of the scandal Rhote had caused and the resulting strife in Queen Oriana's chambers. Still, Rhote had to admit that his father provided more for him than was reasonably accepted under the circumstances, such as setting him up with a jeweler to teach him a trade in case life at the court became too untenable. He also came to admire the older man's touch in regards to administering the kingdom of Chelias; sometimes with a firm fist and other times with a velvet glove. He has learned to respect his father's wisdom.

Growing up, he found common ground with the quiet manipulator, Prince Dane. With Rhote coming from his mother's court, he found comfort in Prince Dane's manipulations to maneuver to the throne. But later, Rhote became accostomed to being on the butt end of Dane's schemes if it resulted in Dane advancing his personal cause. A rift began to grow between the two.

This rift resulted in Rhote becoming closer to Prince Liam as they grew into adulthood and when Rhote accompanied him on Liam's campaigns to further Rhote's courtly studies on war. Liam was everything that Rhote had been taught to despise. He mixed with the commoners as if he were one of them, fought on the front lines with his men, suffered with them in the same conditions, and largely avoided the machinations of the court which antagonized the nobility to no end. But these methods that had no right to work, did work. The people loved him and Rhote could see that Liam could hold the kingdom together with his good nature and sense of justice alone. And Liam treated Rhote as a kinsman and brother. Since becoming close to Liam, Rhote has done what he could to keep the hero out of trouble, whether backing him up with magic on the battlefield, or in trying (to no avail) to defend him against Dane's courtly intrigues.

When rumors swirled that King Parsan was thinking of sending Liam to settle the Stolen Lands, Rhote smelled his brother Dane behind the plot. He confronted the prince in private and demanded that he back off of Liam, but Dane feigned ignorance behind a sly smile. A week later Prince Liam received the news officially at court and became jubilant at such a chance of honor and glory. Rhote worried that his elder brother was walking into a trap and volunteered to accompany him. The court was further pleased with this surprising turn of events. Rhote was able to do more than just volunteer, however. Using some of the jewelry he made during his apprenticeship, he was able to grease the right palms to ensure that Prince Liam would be accompanied by competent adventurers famous (and infamous) for their courage and unique set of skills. Rhote was further pleased to here that the king decided to also unload another suspected bastard son into the group, the shamanic half-elf Brondellon of the Golushkin Mountain Temple. Rhote only met Bron a few times in the last few years, but had a deep affinity for the man as he found him to be quite intelligent and sharing a similar background, though to Rhote Bron's near religious faith in nature made him almost as naive as Prince Liam.

As a frowning Rhote walked out of the courtyard in the shadow of his giant brother on the way to meet up with the rest, he took a moment to glance up at the smirking Prince Dane. Rhote erased the smirk with a rude gesture and promised that one way or another, he would see a king's crown settled on the head of the brother he came to love.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great background DT. Sorry I can't XP you again so soon.

Now all we need is a pic. :D

01a11b7cbc412584f93448310b7b5c2a.jpg

Baravis.jpg

HM

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I definitely like the top pic, though the red glowing eyes are so passe. The bottom one looks more of a water or ice wizard than my fire wizard. Good finds. It's so hard to find non-angsty tieflings in art. ;) I based Rhote's story strongly after Prince Liam's already prepped background, giving it a feel akin to Bean's story being Ender's shadow in the Ender series. And also a touch of what you put in for your character.

One more thing, since I can't resist. Rhote Prinez is a bastardization of the German phrase 'Red Prince' or Rot Prinz.

Last edited:

Remove ads