Anyone Willing To Run Kingmaker? (Full)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I know everyone is having fun developing their own character concepts, but if we are going to be sworn to one PC then it would make sense if we all had similar racial backgrounds. We could have fun with this, like making an entire party of halflings, gnomes or dwaves who are dispossessed and are looking to settle a new home.

Kaodi

Hero
You do not need to agree on a race. You just need to agree on a method of determining one, ;) .

For instance, I might suggest the all-mighty d20.

01 Aasimar
02-04 Dwarf
05-06 Elf
07-08 Gnome
09 Half-Elf
10 Half-Orc
11-13 Halfling
14-19 Human
20 -Tiefing

That would give us a 30% chance of Human, 15% chance of Dwarf or Halfling, 10% chance of Elf or Gnome, and 5% chance of Aasimar, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, or Tiefling.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Well let's see how she treats me on this roll...gnomes...not a fan of gnomes and since this wasn't offical? no
worries.

*EDIT: I'll wait to see what the group says before I create my character. I guess a gnome barbarian could work but lets wait til the DM rolls!?

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Yes, I would suggest we let mazzoli roll if we all agree on that method, and my chart (which is based on a very rough estimation of how prevalent races ought to be in Brevoy).

In any case, I am going to roll a bunch of dice under this post to try out a method for assigning point buy. It is not a suggestion for everyone, just a personal method I developed. So it can be ignored.

[sblock=Ability Score Calculations]
Str 12 Dex 15 Con 14 Int 15 Wis 14 Cha 10 = 26 pts ... Maybe I will cut a small corner and just say that Str is 11, rather than roll more dice to determine it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I know everyone is having fun developing their own character concepts, but if we are going to be sworn to one PC then it would make sense if we all had similar racial backgrounds. We could have fun with this, like making an entire party of halflings, gnomes or dwaves who are dispossessed and are looking to settle a new home.

I'm fine with all being of the same race.

But also look at maybe having certain races playing certain roles. Elves as arcane teachers, dwarves as craftsmen for a noble family, halflings to do the cooking.

Maybe we should start with a head of household and have everyone fill in a retainer role. Race shouldn't matter to much.

HM

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
Looking at how the first module starts, it looks like it's supposed to be a disparate group of adventurers who end up in the same place with the same charter. At that point, the leadership potential of one person could become obvious, and the rest of the group swears fealty to him/her. I think it neatly solves the party leader problem while allowing everybody to play what they want. On the other hand, concept parties are cool too if you want to try that.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
What about one person - The party leader - was given a charter and was to round up " a disparate group of adventurers" to help him go about setting up a kingdom.

Would truly give the leader his role as if everyone had a charter then they all could run out carving little pieces of land.

"KingMaker" to me sounds like it would be fun for us as a group to succeeded in making someone king. And then helping him rule.

(Till his best knight slept with his queen and then his bastard son from his half-sister came looking to take over the throne. - But that's a whole new AP in itself.)

What about everyone else? How would you like to handle how we become a group?

HM

Disposable Hero

First Post
What about everyone else? How would you like to handle how we become a group?

HM

We could all be family, friends, or strangers. It's not how you begin but how you play it out. Insight has already offered to be the 'one', minus the bullet dodging antics, and 'lead' us to the promise land. We could have someone take on the role of squire to his character, which takes care of one, another could be a guide, which takes care of Kaodi's character being a ranger and all, then the rest could be the 'muscle'.

However we do make this decision...lets make it fast shall we?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well let's do this backwards then.

Roles then characters -

Ruler
The ruler is the primary leader of the kingdom.

Councilor
The councilor ensures that the will of the citizenry is represented.

General
The General commands the kingdom’s armies and is a public hero.

Grand Diplomat

The Grand Diplomat oversees international relations.

High Priest
The high priest guides the kingdom’s religious needs and growth.

Magister

The Magister guides a kingdom’s higher learning and magic.

Marshal
The Marshal helps organize patrols and enforces justice in rural and wilderness regions.

Royal Assassin
The Royal Assassin can serve as a public executioner, a headsman, or a shadowy assassin.

Spymaster

The Spymaster observes the kingdom’s underworld and criminal elements and spies on other kingdoms.

Treasurer

The Treasurer organizes tax collection, and manages the treasury.

Warden
The Warden leads the kingdom’s defense and city guards.

Can we combine a few roles? Like SpyMaster/Royal Assassin

HM

Remove ads