ASoIaF RPG - A Tourney of Gulls [Recruiting]

Cor Azer

First Post
i thought a huntsman, a falconeer and hound master. Could be looking for employment from a house or an individual or I could be traveling with someone if that works better. i can get a more extensive concept to you if that fits the story. I have the soiaf rulebook and campaign guide and have read up to 1/3 through adwd. and seen the first season on HBO as well. Plus i run an rpg using soiaf rules on monday nights.

So... familiar with the rules. Cool beans. Always good.

A huntsman/falconer/master-of-hounds is cool; nothing like that has been claimed in House Vantri, so it's all yours.

Since we never explicitly said that the whole group traveling to the tourney is just the two knights and the rest accompanying guards, we're easily able to slot your character in the group as well. That's the easiest way to bring him in. Probably been taking his turn traveling with the scouts and so has been "off-screen" until now.

Cor Azer

First Post
Typical discrimination of the living versus the recently deceased. Disgraceful. I shall file a complaint with Reg Shoe over this.

Are zombies always "recently deceased"? I guess they'd have to be, otherwise the decomp would leave them little more than skeletons, and too dry of an environment would yield mummies.

At least I listed them ahead of sauerkraut.

Gurthngwaw

First Post
i was wondering about the man who crippled lord loughtons leg...it he of significance or can i incorporate him into my background...i.e. seen him strike my cousin and taken my axe to him?

Cor Azer

First Post
i was wondering about the man who crippled lord loughtons leg...it he of significance or can i incorporate him into my background...i.e. seen him strike my cousin and taken my axe to him?

Any NPC that hasn't made on "on screen" appearance is fair game, and even a few of those are ok too. There are a few names in that Cast of Thousands that are from Martin's appendices, so you might want to be carefully if you want to include them, depending on how much you cleave to canon.

But generally, I don't mind players expanding on NPCs; shows they have some interest in the world.

As long as there are no "on screen" contradictions, any plans I may have for NPCs can adapt; which is a lot easier in a PbP, since I have loads of time to ponder such things.

Gurthngwaw

First Post
As for proper addressing of house members...
knighted members get "ser" and their first name of course. But are we keeping the term lord for just the head of house or are all family called lord?
In the game i run for example:
head of house is "lord (last name)" showing he is lord over all of his house.
family are "lord (first name)" as they are lords under the household head.

any way is fine and when i tried to research the real world correct usage i found many variables so thats just what we decided to go with for my game.

Just wanna make sure i don't post an unintentional insult (emphasis on unintentional).

Cor Azer

First Post
As for proper addressing of house members...
knighted members get "ser" and their first name of course. But are we keeping the term lord for just the head of house or are all family called lord?
In the game i run for example:
head of house is "lord (last name)" showing he is lord over all of his house.
family are "lord (first name)" as they are lords under the household head.

any way is fine and when i tried to research the real world correct usage i found many variables so thats just what we decided to go with for my game.

Just wanna make sure i don't post an unintentional insult (emphasis on unintentional).

I'm not sure I'd thought about it that much. I was pretty much assuming only the head of a house was addressed as Lord Lastname, others only get titles if they've been specifically granted them; Tyrion was just Tyrion until he was Hand and later Master of Coin, positions that granted him Lord status, temporary titles wouldn't change this - while Ned was in King's Landing, Robb was Lord of Winterfell, but not Lord Robb.

That said, it's never poor form to use the terms milord/milady if you're highborn or m'lord/m'lady for smallfolk.

Last edited:

Remove ads