• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baba Yaga d20 conversion?

sckeener

First Post
Shade said:
In Deities & Demigods, Bahamut, who is a divine rank 10 deity, "only" has an Int of 35, while Tiamat has an Int of 28. While her intelligence is described as "godlike", I think Baba Yaga should be closer to lesser deities than greater ones.

I don't have any other deity stats handy. What is standard intelligence for a "brainy" deity in the divine rank 0-3 range?
I think I am going to have to come up with a spreadsheet for them after this thread ;)

Since 0-3 range is the demigod/hero range there was only one in the Deities & Demigods book, that fit....and I bolded him below.

Rank 0: quasideities or hero deities.
Rank 1–5: demigods
Rank 6–10: lesser deities
Rank 11–15: intermediate deities.
Rank 16–20: greater deities
Rank 21+: These entities are beyond the ken of mortals and care nothing for worshipers.​

Deities and Demigods (a selection of sorted by INT)

Boccob (Greater Deity) INT 50 WIS29
Wee Jas (Intermediate Deity) INT 47 WIS34
Thoth (Intermediate deity) INT 46 WIS32
Hecate (Intermediate God) INT 45 WIS29
Odin (Greater Deity) INT 44 WIS30
Isis (Greater Deity) INT 44 WIS32
Hel (Intermediate Deity) INT 44 WIS32
Imhotep (demigod) INT 43 WIS31
Tyr (Intermediate Deity) INT 43 WIS28
Vecna (Lesser Deity) INT 43 WIS35
Garl Glittergold (Greater Deity) INT 42 WIS30
Lolth (Intermediate Deity) INT 41 WIS41
Apollo (Intermediate God) INT 40 WIS30
Ptah (Intermediate Deity) INT 36 WIS40
Corellon Larethian (Greater Deity) INT 35 WIS29
Nerull (Greater Deity) INT 35 WIS40
Bahamut (Lesser deity) INT 35 WIS36
Athena (Greater God) INT 33 WIS45
Eilishar (Intermediate Deity) INT 33 WIS43
Nephthys (Intermediate Deity) INT 33 WIS44
Pelor (Greater Deity) INT 32 WIS40
Anubis (Lesser Diety) INT 32 WIS43
Fharlanghn (Intermediate Deity) INT 31 WIS25
Obad-Hai (Intermediate Deity) INT 30 WIS43
Hestia (Lesser Deity) INT 30 WIS43
Demeter (Lesser God) INT 30 WIS43
Re-Horakhty (Greater Deity) INT 29 WIS42

for grins Gruumsh (Greater Deity) INT 24, WIS 25

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
sckeener said:
I think I am going to have to come up with a spreadsheet for them after this thread ;)

that would be supercool! :)

i've found that from what i've seen in the DDG, the DvR of a deity has little to do with how high its ability scores are.

sckeener

First Post
BOZ said:
i've found that from what i've seen in the DDG, the DvR of a deity has little to do with how high its ability scores are.

Yeah that would be my opinion after looking at so many. After all, just being a certain divine rank can out way many abilities scores.

Still there must be a range...as shown above...apparently 50 is the highest INT in the Deities and Demigods...

As for str....I think the highest I saw in there was a 92....Thor.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Well divine rank is definitely not a good indicator of ability scores. However, I'll still stick with Int 32, since that puts her on a part with about 1/4th of the deities listed above.

Alternatively or additionally, we could give her this ability (from the chronotyryn and xerfilstyx):

Knowledgeable (Ex): Baba Yaga makes Knowledge checks for any Knowledge skills as if she had a minimum of 10 ranks in that skill. To surpass the 10-rank minimum, she must assign more than 10 ranks to the skill as normal.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
we've also used that on creatures where it made sense, such as IIRC the eater of knowledge and obliviax. :)

sckeener

First Post
Sounds fine and in keeping with her worldly knowledge.

I think it would also address her being able to smell info. Knowledge local 10 would get some good hits.

sckeener said:
80% chance of knowing nationality from smell
sckeener said:
80% chance of smelling alignment, 90% placing home world and 75% smelling invisible or hidden creatures....up to 30 yards.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
that would be neat. a successful Search check using her Scent ability gives her a bonus on Knowledge checks?

sckeener

First Post
Shade said:
I updated the stat block for Her Hideousness in post #20 above.

looks good. Did you miss the Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares) or change your mind on the 30'?

I like the flavor of the scent search bonus to knowledge...just not sure how that'll work. Synergy bonus? As long as she can smell she gets the bonus. or a bonus based on how well she searched?

Typing of smells...I'll type @ y'all later as the scent of fresh homemade bread is calling to me for dinner. ;)

Remove ads