• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Baldur's Gate Comic from IDW Announcement.

Cool, thanks. Have you read any of those? Are the comics any good?

Thaumaturge.

Skullkickers is the only one I follow, and that's a lot of fun. Fairly traditional fantasy, but with a humorous side to it. If you want your stories to be serious, it's probably not a good read. If you want to dip in they do fairly regular issues of "Short Stories", just a few pages each.

SigmaOne

First Post
Minsc. Minsc killed me! I was going to help him save his friend! I was; honest! We were even in the gnoll fortress killing gnolls at the time! I thought his warning was just a warning. I didn't know it meant "If I wake up tomorrow and my friend isn't rescued, I'm going to kill you."

Damn, Baldur's Gate is a hard game. I'll try it out again sometime when I'm feeling a distinct lack of suffering and agony.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Oh, and "you have to spread XP blah-di-blah-di-blah". Thanks for the announcement [MENTION=1927]Thaumaturge[/MENTION].

You're welcome. :)

Reading the article (added to the OP), there is this bit:

article said:
The adventure that happened in Baldur’s Gate happened just before our story. So if you play through that D&D Encounters adventure and know the events that happened there, you’ll notice things that line up with that particular adventure, but it’s not a situation where you have to know it intimately to read the story.

The actual Tyranny of Dragons events are taking place somewhere around 100 years after the events of the video game, so those events are kind of reflected in the larger history of Baldur’s Gate, but it’s not immediate or recent.

Thaumaturge.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Is it just me, or is Minsc's armor different in each picture we've seen recently?
View attachment 62818

View attachment 62819

View attachment 62821

Ranger.jpg
This is the statue from the recent module "Murder in Baldur's Gate."

Hmmm, now that I have the images all together, it's not that different. But it doesn't look to me like it is "Full Plate and packing shteel!"

Edit: I can't get the images from upthread to show here, but they are the same ones Thaumaturge posted.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
The recent pictures are all close enough [edit] to each other [/edit] for my tastes.

But, you're right. They aren't the full plate I was expecting so much that it's what I thought I saw.

So, thanks for ruining things. :)

Thaumaturge.

Remove ads