Bands with hit singles that were not hit singles

MGibster

Legend
This is one I came across on YouTube a few years back. I first saw Ivy Levan on Fox's version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show starring Lavern Cox as Dr. Frankfurter that aired in 2016. Levan was playing Trixie the usherette. Anyway, I still sing this song on occasion when my wife makes biscuits for breakfast.

Ryujin

Legend
That was awsome, Idon't know how I never heard of the band Toronto.
There were a number of Toronto area/Canadian groups that were very good in the late '70s/early '80s, that I doubt ever got airplay outside of Canada. Spoons (often incorrectly called The Spoons, to the point that they even changed the name on an album), Blue Peter, Martha and the Muffins, Cowboy Junkies, The Pursuit of Happiness, The Shuffle Demons, Bob Segarini. You would likely have heard of folks like The Barenaked Ladies (they were doing shows in bars and selling CDs out of the back of their cars, when I first heard of them) or Triumph. Going in a somewhat different direction you have The Irish Rovers, who at one point had a TV show. They used to park their tour bus in the parking lot of the public pool, across the street from where I still live today.

Remove ads