• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlestar Galactica

tm80401

First Post
So.

What did everyone think of the mini-series?

I watched the original, lo, so many years ago, and liked it. I thought that this one has a lot of potential, the characters can be greatly fleshed out, even if they were very stereotyped for the 'pilot' episode.

I really hope that they make a regular series.

But if they bring back that stupid robot dog, I'm outta here.

Gallo22

First Post
I thought the new show was very lacking. They did not make you want to like any of the characters, except perhaps Adama. The personalities were very boring and dry. And Baltor...what a boring bad guy!

I was also very turned off when the female cylon killed the baby. :( Their was no need to have that in the show. I thought is was too dark. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind a movie or show that gets gruesume or edgy but only if it serves a purpose! Her snapping a 4 month old neck was just stupid and lacking in creativity. If they wanted to show how cruel the cylons could be they could have done it many other, more creative ways!

The show had a few windows of enjoyment and hope for a good series, but that's it. Over all, the story line was just poorly written and preformed. It's to bad really.

I guess i just like my sci fi alittle more heroic and adventure some as opposed to dreary and dark. I'm sorry to see many shows and movies taking this route!

Gallo22

tm80401

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Wrong forum! Big discussion going on over in the Sci-fi books, movies and TVs section of the message boards you should check out.

OOPS! Sorry, I usually never scroll down to even see the TV section.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads