Behind the Curtain - OOC (full)

Mimic

First Post
Yea but don't you need something to represent the ability to turn into the swarm form in the first place?

You can always flaw and extra the alternate form to suit your needs.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Yea but don't you need something to represent the ability to turn into the swarm form in the first place?

You can always flaw and extra the alternate form to suit your needs.

Yeah, this kinda echoes the same concerns I had when I saw the entry. Your primary power is to change into a swarm, yet there is no power in your list to represent that...only the effects. Say an opponent with the power to steal superpowers tries to take away the swarm form...well, there's nothing game mechanics-wise to take away.

I'll look at this a little closer later tonight. Perhaps just a modified version of the alternate form power, customized to meet your vision of the character, would fit the bill. On the whole I like the character concept, I'm just having reservations about the power implementation.

Radiant

First Post
Ok I'll throw in the stats now. I'm having a slight problem here since I'm currently relocating and my M&M book is allready packed so I had to cut him from PL10 to 8 without it. Better chek if he has some obvious mistakes.
Background coming.

Jorgi Vadislav:

Stats:
Ability Scores:
Strength: 10(+0)
Dexterity: 20(+5) 10
Constitution: 10(+0)
Intelligence: 20(+5/6) 10
Wisdom: 14(+2) 4
Charisma: 10(+0)

Total cost 24

Attack Bonus: 5 (+5 for ranged attacks)
Defense Bonus: 5 Total Cost: 25
Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+5)
Computers 10 (+6)
Concentration 2 (+2)
Disable Device 1 (+6)
Drive 1 (+5)
Hide 1 (+5)
Innuendo 2 (+0)
Forgery 1 (+6)
Language 1(Russian/English)
Open Lock 1 (+5)
Move Silently 1 (+5)

Total Cost: 17

Feats:
Aerial Combat
Hero `s Luck
Improved Initiative
Lightning Reflexes
Radio Broadcast
Radio Hearing

Total Cost: 12
Powers:
Animation Level 8: Cost=(2 Base-1Flaw/Machines Only)*8= 8
Super Intelligence 1: Cost= (2 Base)*1=2
Datalink 1: Cost= (3 Base)*1= 3
Energy Control/Electricity Level 7: Cost= (2Basic+Extra/Flight1+Extra/Energyfield1+ForceField1)*7= 35

Total Cost: 48

Flaw: Disturbing. Jorgi’s hair often stands up from the electricity flowing through him and sometimes people get soft jolts then touching him. Also anyone who looks into his eyes for longer than a glance can see flashes of energy in them like miniature lightning.

Rybaer

First Post
Okay, first going back to Velmont's character. How about we handle the spider swarm power like this - give Tarentula Alternate Form (spider swarm) +6. This is a modified version of the Alternate Form power that gives you Clinging at your power level. This particular Alternate Form only costs 1pp/level. Basically, it's the same cost as the Clinging power with the flaw as you originally had it, but now the Alternate Form is the primary power.

One thing that I think may need changing is with the Drain power. You took the flaw: full power only. I'm having difficulty thinking of any circumstance under which you would not want to use full power for this, thus not making the flaw much of a drawback. An energy blast with this flaw is appropriate (say if you wanted to damage a door's lock but not blast the door out of its frame). I'm just not seeing the same thing with the drain attack. Do you have a different take on this power?

Radiant - Jorgi looks pretty straightforward. Don't see any problems. I haven't checked the math, but I suspect it's probably fine. I'll probably enforce the drawback: disturbing pretty strongly. A -5 reaction modifier is pretty harsh. While you may not be horrifying in the zombie sense, the aura about you is very discomforting to people. How about adding a static field in a 5' radius around your body...just enough that it makes other people's hairs tingle...in addition to the little shocks you can give them on contact?

How's everyone else coming along with their characters? Just curious...and eager to see em.

Let's go ahead with Mimic's suggestion for the city name: Coast City. It's sufficiently generic. I'd been thinking something like Bayside, so I guess we were going along the same lines. Locals are called Coasters.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Working on my guy now, should have him finished sometime tonight. Is the skill cost 1:1?

For some reason I find that very funny.

Yeah, skills at 1:1. I'm sure there are plenty of jokes stemming from the term "Coasters." :)

Mimic

First Post
Ok, here is the base character, I will get his history up soon. Seems a touch twinkish but it fits the concept I was going for. Let me know what you think.

GRANITE
Concept/Archetype: Powerhouse

Height: 6'4"

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian

ABILITIES
STR 18 +12
DEX 16 +3
CON 20 +5
INT 10 0
WIS 12 +1
CHA 11 0

SAVES
DMG +7
FORT +7
REF +3
WILL +1

MOVEMENT
INIT +3
BASE SPD 30/60/120

COMBAT
BASE DEF 4
DEF 17
FLAT 14
MENTAL 15

BASE ATT 3
MELEE +7
RANGED +6
MENTAL +4

SKILLS
Balance [4/1]
Climb [13/1]
Concentration [1]
Drive* [4/1]
Escape Artist [3]
Hide [3]
Intimidate [13/1]
Jump [12]
Listen [3/2]
Move Silent [3]
Sense Motive [3/2]
Spot [3/2]
Survival [1]
Swim [13/1]
Taunt [1/1]

FEATS
Attack Focus ( +1 attack (unarmed))
Power Attack ((- attack), (+ dmg bonus), 5 max)
Imp. Grapple (can grapple one-handed)
Takedown Attack (make add'tl attack if you stun)
Surprise Strike ( +1 dmg/2 pls if target flat)
Toughness (+2 to damage saves)
Greater Fortitude (+2 fort save)

POWERS
Altered Form - Solid [+8]
Immunities: Critical Hits, Starvation
Immunities: Suffocation, Pressure
Immunities: Pressure, Exhaustion
Immunities: Disease, Poison
Extra: Thunderclap [+8]
Extra: Leaping [+8]
Stunt: Super Leaping
Stunt: Lifting

WEAKNESS
Transformation (will save dc 15 (Anger)

COST
abilities [27]
base att [9]
base def [8]
skills [12]
feats [14]
powers [60]
weakness [-10]
total [120]
unspent [0]

Rybaer

First Post
First pass looks fine, Mimic. The only question I had was what sort of form your "solid" was...then I reread the character name. Duh.

Velmont

First Post
I have reworked the stats a bit. Some change I have made:

-Elasticity became Alternate Form, for lack of simplicity.
-Immunities have been removed from Feat List and joined with Alternate Form.
-Flaw: Full Effect removed
-Flaw: Limited-Poison added to Drain. Yeah, there was nothing telling that the drain was a poison, so the immunity Poison was useless against my power, and I could use it against robots, construct or undeads... so I've added this flaw to represent that fact.
-Skills have been rework to balance the character PP cost.

The background is evolving in my head and will be written on the start of this week.

Remove ads