Best Cover Songs of All Time

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
That cover of Supernaut is one of my all-time favorites.

I was just recently reminded of a 90s goth banger. It's too bad Manson has turned out to be so awful a human being.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Nativity in Black is a great album, I guess it is function of how old I am, though I would have thought to see more Slayer, and Metallica.

G

Guest 7034872

The Velvet Underground did an outstanding song way back when:

And then one day the Cowboy Junkies put out this cover that I never saw coming:

Mezuka

Hero
I would have to say Come on feel the noise by Quiet Riot. Apparently they were joking around when they recorded this, without any intention of putting it out. The producer insisted. It became a huge hit.

Mezuka

Hero
Sign of the Gypsy Queen is not an original April Wine song. Their version is on the first 4-track tape I ever bought. The lyrics are a weird sci-fantasy story.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I would have to say Come on feel the noise by Quiet Riot. Apparently they were joking around when they recorded this, without any intention of putting it out. The producer insisted. It became a huge hit.
I heard Quiet Riot's version first. When I eventually heard the original, it sounded in comparison as if the band had run out of energy and just wanted to finish for the day.

The Velvet Underground did an outstanding song way back when:

And then one day the Cowboy Junkies put out this cover that I never saw coming:

The guitar riff is the only connection between those two songs, and I guess the lyric “sweet Jane”…would have loved if, “anyone that ever heard a heart wouldn’t turn around and break it“ was in the original. Cause that’s probably the best sentiment of all time.

Remove ads