Best Love Songs (and "your" songs)

nakia

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
We picked The Luckiest after determining that we should have a "new" song for our wedding song. Sure we had a special song for while we were dating... but thought we should mark the new status by a new song. I still get a little misty every time I hear it.

*laughing* We exited to... "I'm so sick of people! Wait a minute! There's no one standing near the door to the ball room... RUN!!!"

That's pretty much what we did, too. "Somebody" was a special dating song. When we were planning the wedding we agonized over what song to dance to. Mrs. nakia bought the Ben Folds CD, listened to it, then immediately called me and said "buy this now and listen to the last song" (we were apart for much of our engagement). I did and knew it was perfect.

It was a minor miracle that it even got played at the reception, since the DJ sucked so bad. :]
Oh well. For our 10th Anniversary we're "redoing" our wedding reception.

reveal

Adventurer
DungeonmasterCal said:
I forgot to mention this lil' tidbit... we didn't have a first dance... the church my wife and her family belong to doesn't allow dancing. So we just played our song right before the ceremony.

I've dj'd dozens and dozens of receptions, and I'd say 90% or more of them have had virtually no dancing. They just seemed to want to pay me a lot of cash to play background music. I guess it's an Arkansas thing.

Was Footloose based on your town?

DungeonmasterCal said:
I forgot to mention this lil' tidbit... we didn't have a first dance... the church my wife and her family belong to doesn't allow dancing. So we just played our song right before the ceremony.

I've dj'd dozens and dozens of receptions, and I'd say 90% or more of them have had virtually no dancing. They just seemed to want to pay me a lot of cash to play background music. I guess it's an Arkansas thing.
There was **lots** of dancing at our reception... and I was very glad about that. I've been to lots of weddings where the dancing dies out really quickly. But - we had a number of young people at the wedding because we were (and still are) really young. So - there was much dancing and much rejoicing.

We had a big fat giant huge weddin' - the reception was incredible... our DJ was good... until he tried to get my parents (that happen to hate each other) on the dance floor for a "parents dance" even after I specifically said "NO PARENTS DANCE - MY PARENTS WILL EAT EACH OTHER ALIVE!" ... but he was dumb as rocks. Alas - even with that - it was an awesome reception. :)

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
I've dj'd two...TWO receptions where the dancing was nearly non-stop. One, they tossed out the song list they'd mailed me and just gave me polka cd's to play. The other was just great!

My favorite "bad" reception was when the groom and his friends wheeled a huge tv into the banquet hall to watch the Razorback basketball team in the Final Four. The bride and her friends and family stood on the other side of the hall and fumed. When her father came up to me and the co-dj and angrily asked us to announce the bride-groom dance, she back-handed him (the groom) across the face when she caught him watching the game over her shoulder. She stormed out, the rest of the women stormed out, her dad threw a huge wad of cash at us, told us the buffet was ours, and stormed out. The groom ran out while his buddies laughed at him and returned to the game.

I'm sure they're still married.

Remove ads