D&D 5E Better pics from PAX East

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I have started a campaign that will use Reavers of Harkenworld and Madnes at Gardmoore Abbey. Both look really solid. They kind of remind me of Red Hand of Doom who got voted as the #2 adventure in a wotc poll.

What makes those three adventures so good (in my opinion) are that they can be run as written, but also gives you a lot of opportunities as a DM to customize them in a way that ties in with the characters.

I've heard really good things about Madness at Gardmore Abbey

Li Shenron

Legend
I imagine that those who strongly oppose pseudoelectric guitars in D&D, all also oppose Warforged, trains and the whole Eberron setting style? Obviously this Bard wouldn't be out of place at all in such setting.

Ichneumon

First Post
I've heard really good things about Madness at Gardmore Abbey

I ran it a few months back. It's an excellent sandbox adventure with plenty of roleplaying opportunities. The players will be repeatedly going back and forth to the Abbey, which gives them a chance to form ongoing relationships with the NPCs there (some of which have hidden motivations). There's also a parallel quest to collect the Deck of Many Things, which players will enjoy. I'd recommend running it in 4th Edition if this is possible, as converting it to 5th will take quite an effort. I managed it, but had to scour through the available bestiaries for anything remotely resembling what was in the adventure, and had to resort to just roughly translating monster stats at least a few times.

Conversion notes for Madness at Gardmore Abbey - now there's a worthy Wizards assignment!

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
It's a fantasy picture, folks...

(Looks at second pic)

so I guess that "realistic armor" thing is right out?

Ooh, ooh. Pandora just opened her box!

I think the real question is, does the stringed-instrument-that-must-not-be-named penetrate armour better if it's some facsimile of a Japanese-themed instrument, or were the elves of some vaguely mediaeval European setting every bit as competent as their contemporaries in the also completely fictitious Kara-Tur setting?

[Grabs popcorn and sits down to watch the post count climb.]

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

D'karr

Adventurer
What's wrong with a leather armor with a big neck guard? iirc a some kind of Bevor if I'm not mistaken.

Warder

More like the "cone of shame" from UP! Oh wait, squirrel!

Dug-I-Do-Not-Like-The-Cone-of-Shame-Up-2009.jpg

Remove ads