• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E "Big Summer Adventure" Drow related? Announcement imminent?

It's in the title. There seems to be an awful lot of Drow-related chatter all of a sudden. We have been told there is a "big summer adventure" but no hint as to what it is about. D&D Live is a bit late to announce a "summer" title (although it could be August).

Maybe it actually features Drizzt and co, and ties into the Dark Alliance video game?

Last edited:

It's in the title. There seems to be an awful lot of Drow-related chatter all of a sudden. We have been told there is a "big summer adventure" but no hint as to what it is about. D&D Live is a bit late to announce a "summer" title (although it could be August).

Most Summer Adventures for 5e are actually released in the Summer half of September.

I think instead of the adventure, I think we will be getting a Drizzt's Guide to Faerun setting book for the Forgotten Realms, but it will tie into the adventure some how. I have my eyes peels for a Drow UA with the new types of Drow announced by Legendofdrizzt.com

Most Summer Adventures for 5e are actually released in the Summer half of September.

I think instead of the adventure, I think we will be getting a Drizzt's Guide to Faerun setting book for the Forgotten Realms, but it will tie into the adventure some how. I have my eyes peels for a Drow UA with the new types of Drow announced by Legendofdrizzt.com
"Big Summer Adventure" is a direct quote from WotC. So it's an adventure, no doubt about that. But you are right, it could be an early September release.

You misunderstand stand me, yes we are getting a Summer Adventure, but I think the product with a big Drizzt/Drow theme will be a Setting book.
Doesn't fit the schedule. We know the next book after the adventure is the dragon-related sourcebook. So your hypothetical drow source book would be Christmas at the earliest. So they wouldn't be talking about that yet. Anyway, you wouldn't get a whole book out of drow-lore. It would make a chapter at most. It would fit neatly into an adventure though.

Doesn't fit the schedule. We know the next book after the adventure is the dragon-related sourcebook. So your hypothetical drow source book would be Christmas at the earliest. So they wouldn't be talking about that yet. Anyway, you wouldn't get a whole book out of drow-lore. It would make a chapter at most. It would fit neatly into an adventure though.

The Dragon themed book could also be drow themed. WotC doesn't like to over specialize in their none adventure books. If its a setting book it could do both. We will see.

Remove ads