• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E "Big Summer Adventure" Drow related? Announcement imminent?

I just watched the animated short, and I think it's mostly a push around Dark Alliance.
That's certainly in there, but if you look at how the "Legend of Drizzt" web pages are named, they are .../story/... which is how they label the publicity for the big adventure paths.

Interesting thing, I was asking my players what sort of adventures they would like me to run in the future, and my take-away was "a high level adventure set in the Underdark".

I just watched the animated short, and I think it's mostly a push around Dark Alliance.

No, these are undiscovered new Drow cities, Dark Alliance is set way in the past, over a 100 years in the past, right after The Crystal Shard novels trilogy.

These new surface Drow cities are linked to the next Drizzt Trilogy, starting with Starlight Enclave, which is clearly a reference to city of the Starlight Drow Elves. The Jungle Drow Elves will likely be in one of the sequels. Maybe a secret goodly city of Kobolds or Hobgoblins or Orcs will be in another.

That's certainly in there, but if you look at how the "Legend of Drizzt" web pages are named, they are .../story/... which is how they label the publicity for the big adventure paths.

Interesting thing, I was asking my players what sort of adventures they would like me to run in the future, and my take-away was "a high level adventure set in the Underdark".

Legendofdrizzt is pushing everything Drizzt linked at all, Comics, Novels, AFR MtG set, the action figure, Dark Alliance, clothes, Amazon's Legend of Drizzt Store, I have no doubt more will be added to it as it gets announced.

I really think Drizzt's Guide to Faerun is coming to play into Drizzt Mania and to tie into AFR and so that they can update some of the "Monster Races" like Drow, Orcs, Hobgoblins, Dragonborn, Kobolds, etc..., I mean we've seen 2 UAs this year updating Hobgoblins, Dragonborn, and Kobolds, I think Drow could be next, all indicators are pointing that way. They don't want races to have penalties anymore either.

Last edited:

Faerun is DONE with regards to setting books. No matter how much you hate SCAG WotC aren't going to do another.

They will continue to describe parts in detail in adventure books.

Faerun is DONE with regards to setting books. No matter how much you hate SCAG WotC aren't going to do another.

They will continue to describe parts in detail in adventure books.
I've learned from hard experience never to make iron-clad blanket statements like this.

Because things can change, and then such statements will be dragged back out.

I'm not saying that things will change. But you probably should leave yourself an out as an insurance against potential future embarrassment...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads