• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants Up for Preorder on D&D Beyond

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bigby the Great recounts his journeys into the history, myth, and society of giants in this guide to their realms in the worlds of Dungeons & Dragons. Here Bigby and the demigod Diancastra, child of the giants’ All-Father, Annam, unveil the secrets of Annam’s mighty descendants. Players will find a wealth of giant-themed character options: a subclass for barbarians, two backgrounds related to giants and their runic magic, and feat options that evoke the strength and primal magic of the giants. Dungeon Masters will gain inspiration for bringing giants to life, from maps of giant-built sites and big new monsters to tremendous treasures and intriguing trinkets in a giant’s bag! Let Bigby and Diancastra teach you everything about the iconic giants of D&D.

I didn't used to be all that interested in D&D lore (Everyone I knew when I started D&D in the 80's always made their OWN worlds, with their own lore, and ignored everything "official".)

But lately, as the designers work toward building up the D&D IP, I've often been curious as to how much they're making up, and how much is established.

Is that Bigby riding a magic carpet on the cover? Is he a Genasi, or some sort of Efreeti? Has Diancastra appeared in something before? How about Annam? Anyone know?

Bigby the Great recounts his journeys into the history, myth, and society of giants in this guide to their realms in the worlds of Dungeons & Dragons. Here Bigby and the demigod Diancastra, child of the giants’ All-Father, Annam, unveil the secrets of Annam’s mighty descendants. Players will find a wealth of giant-themed character options: a subclass for barbarians, two backgrounds related to giants and their runic magic, and feat options that evoke the strength and primal magic of the giants. Dungeon Masters will gain inspiration for bringing giants to life, from maps of giant-built sites and big new monsters to tremendous treasures and intriguing trinkets in a giant’s bag! Let Bigby and Diancastra teach you everything about the iconic giants of D&D.

I didn't used to be all that interested in D&D lore (Everyone I knew when I started D&D in the 80's always made their OWN worlds, with their own lore, and ignored everything "official".)

But lately, as the designers work toward building up the D&D IP, I've often been curious as to how much they're making up, and how much is established.

Is that Bigby riding a magic carpet on the cover? Is he a Genasi, or some sort of Efreeti? Has Diancastra appeared in something before? How about Annam? Anyone know?
Diancastra and Annam are giant deities - the former is a demigoddess, the latter the head of the giant pantheon. Annam has been mentioned in many books over the decades, Diancastra a few here and there. Both have been around since 1e.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Dinos and Lost World stuff.....interesting. Too bad they didn't just go all Xen'Drik....
I mean, dollars to donuts the book discusses Xen'Drik at some length: Fizban's went into Eberron Dragons a fair bit, particularly organization's and artifacts. And this is James Wyatt it seems, oen of the original creators of Eberron.

ECMO3

Hero
So I still can't get over the fact that a book on Giants has the title of a humanoid Wizard. Why didn't they use a Giant, like Zepheris (sp?) glory of the giants?

Remove ads