D&D (2024) Brawler is out. What subclass should replace it?

What should he the 4th fighter subclass?

• Arcane Archer

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Cavalier

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Echo Knight

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Psi Warrior

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Purple Dragon Knight

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Rune Knight

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Samurai

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.1%

mellored

Legend
Battlemaster, Champion, and Eldritch Knight are good to go, but the Brawler is getting cut.

What should he the 4th fighter subclass?

aco175

Legend
Most called knight or cavalier feel like paladin sub-classes. I see that arcane archer is another part caster sub-class like eldritch knight, so I'm only meh about it and thought we needed an archer class.

Clint_L

Hero
Eh, archer is already well covered by ranger and rogue, so I've never understood the need for a fighter version. IMO Matt Mercer's Gunslinger is a way cooler and more unique ranged fighter subclass. (If you add that option, it gets my vote). Also, you can already make a much better archer fighter with a dex-based Battlemaster, if that's your jam.

From these choices, Echo Knight doesn't need anything - it's already flipping amazing and getting better with the general upgrades to fighter. I mean, it's probably arm wrestling Twilight Cleric for the title of most OP sub-class as we speak. So I'm voting Rune Knight as I love the concept but the current execution just doesn't deliver on it.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Whelp, we know that whatever it is isn't getting UA attention, so that means it's probable either the enemy Knight or Psi Warrior taken straight from Tasha's without any changes, similar to the other Tasha's subclasses going into the new PHB.

Either would work fine, but I think the Psi Warrior would fit best as a contrast with the other Fighters allowing a Jedi character without juggling the Spell system or Runes.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Whelp, we know that whatever it is isn't getting UA attention, so that means it's probable either the enemy Knight or Psi Warrior taken straight from Tasha's without any changes, similar to the other Tasha's subclasses going into the new PHB.

Either would work fine, but I think the Psi Warrior would fit best as a contrast with the other Fighters allowing a Jedi character without juggling the Spell system or Runes.
Agree. Psi Warrior makes the most conceptual sense.

Remove ads