• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's City of the Spider Queen v3.5 OOC

Here is the current word from SpoonyBard/Pooka on whether there exists a useable 8 May 2006 backup of the database.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=161722 <---Click me

In effect, there isn't a backup for the last five months. We'll therefore be re-building our Rogues Gallery, OOC, and IC threads over the course of the next few days. I have a new Rogues Gallery thread up already. Please go over there and post your character. I have, on my home hard drive, a copy of the old Rogues Gallery and I stand ready to e-mail any of you your character sheet as it appeared in the old RG thread. Please let me know if you'd like me to do so and I will happily comply.

I will be editing in old OP material from our previous OOC thread into the OP of this new thread. There really isn't much else from the old OOC thread that concerns me so we can simply go on as normal with this new OOC thread.

Unless I hear a strong objection from a bunch of you, I plan to simply create a new IC thread today or tomorrow. I will post as much of the recovered descriptive text as I can. I have page one of our IC thread and that's it, so it won't be much. Right now, I am not planning on having players re-post their posts from page one of the IC thread; I thought I'd simply put up the DM stuff I have on hand and provide a recap at the bottom of that and then we can go from there anew. Again, if you object, then we can take the time to let people individually submit old material that I provide to everyone via e-mail. You'll have to let me know which you prefer.

I will give everyone until Monday to check back in. If I don't hear from you by then, I'll re-open recruiting to fill whatever party needs we may have.

wmasters

First Post
A new IC thread with quick recap sounds like the best way to me. We're at the "ask Alex awkward questions until we lose him somewhere, and then realise what we've forgotten" stage aren't we?

CB, Have a great weekend your husband, a delay over the weekend on the restart isn't worth worrying about in comparison.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
CanadienneBacon said:
I will give everyone until Monday to check back in. If I don't hear from you by then, I'll re-open recruiting to fill whatever party needs we may have.

Hey!

I'm still lurking around so if you need a replacement, just let me know!
As a reminder, I submitted a minotaur warrior.
Cheers,

SG

I have some time today for IC thread recovery. Please look for it later or late tonight (US Eastern time zone). I believe I've sent character sheets to everyone who's asked for one; if you asked for one but haven't received it yet, don't hesitate to remind me.

Noted, Steve Gorak (thank you).

kinem

Adventurer
Hi; good to see people are back. I'm following the situation and ready to post. On Saturday, Prixo asked Alex a couple of questions IC (basically "What happenned to Maerimydra, and what is our task?")

This time around I will be maintaining backups of our RG, OOC, and IC threads in full. My computer is still good but I admit it's old. Who can volunteer to regularly download our three gaming threads as the backup to my backup?

The IC thread is now back up. I took the liberty of condensing the half a page of content I had scrounged from the old first page of our old thread and crafted it into a narrative. Just couldn't stand to loose all that good descriptive text that both you all and I had written. I changed your original words as little as possible; if things are slightly different it was to edit simple grammar issues or to make the formatting fit better into a paragraph style.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=162025

Edit: Steve Gorak, it looks like all eight of the players have checked in. I'm therefore not in need of an alternate, but I will of course keep you in mind if anything comes up in the future. Thanks again for your offer to step up to the plate.

G

Guest 11456

CanadienneBacon said:
This time around I will be maintaining backups of our RG, OOC, and IC threads in full. My computer is still good but I admit it's old. Who can volunteer to regularly download our three gaming threads as the backup to my backup?

I have already done so and plan to make regular backups once or twice a week.

Tailspinner

Remove ads