• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's City of the Spider Queen v3.5 OOC

Thank you very kindly for your help with backing up material, Tailspinner.

I have been keeping an eye on the Meta forum; the admin is currently going back and forth as to whether they'll be able to recoup the last five months of lost data. If they do attempt to reset the boards back to just a day or two before the crash, they have said they'll lock this re-start as read-only so that we can copy over any thread material that we've posted in the last week to the original boards. I'm on the fence as to whether I'd want to go with the old IC thread or the new IC thread but figure we can cross that bridge when or if we come to it. Since it's all up in the air at the moment, I would have you guys please continue to post away to your hearts' content and not worry overmuch whether we'll end up losing some of it in the next few days. That's my plan of attack, anyway.

Eydis

First Post
Kids' doctor appointments and swimming lessons this afternoon; will post DM's reply this evening. Thanks to everyone for making yourselves available after the crash to re-post character sheets and get the IC thread back up and running.

Mahalo!

Edit: Whoops--posted this at lunch time from Eydis's house...forgot she was logged on. This message comes to you from the hand of not Eydis but CB. Sorry!

Yes, that's right. Mahalo is thank you in Hawaiian.

My husband is in the Navy. When we first got here, he told me a story about a guy at work who the rest of the crew had told that 'mahalo' means trash can in Hawaiian. This guy then went around for something like his first three months, and whenever he needed to throw something away but couldn't find a trash can, he'd ask whomever was nearby where the mahalo was. Many a waitress, parking attendant, movie ticket taker, and teacher looked at him like he was a complete and blazing idiot for those three months before some kind soul let him in on the leg-pulling. There's a little bit of white vs. Hawaiian/local thing going on here, which only served to exacerbate the joke. Poor guy. :lol:

Eydis

First Post
Can Zarra purchase something that would protect her from scrying? If so how much would such cost? She would definately use all connections of any sort (though secretively) to get such an item.

Voadam

Legend
Here is a standard item from the srd, its a bit expensive though:

Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location
This silver amulet protects the wearer from scrying and magical location just as a nondetection spell does. If a divination spell is attempted against the wearer, the caster of the divination must succeed on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against a DC of 19 (as if the caster had cast nondetection on herself).

Moderate abjuration; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, nondetection; Price 35,000 gp.

Eydis

First Post
Voadam said:
Here is a standard item from the srd, its a bit expensive though:

Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location
This silver amulet protects the wearer from scrying and magical location just as a nondetection spell does. If a divination spell is attempted against the wearer, the caster of the divination must succeed on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against a DC of 19 (as if the caster had cast nondetection on herself).

Moderate abjuration; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, nondetection; Price 35,000 gp.

Yeah, WAY too expensive. :( Thanks.

For the purposes of this game, if your character is in a large enough population center, you may presume that anything in the 3.5 DMG or PHB can be purchased for standard price. Mundane, alchemical, and magical material can be sold by PCs for half standard price. When outside of large population centers, I reserve the right to alter standard price and availability.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads