Champions Presents: Legion Extreme! [Hero 5thEd]-11/04 post extended 11/12!

Malachai_rose

First Post
Ahhh... Death and discord, heh, I forgot how badly the Legion was faring. Thanks for reminding me Broc :p The fight between Dragon Fist and Cosmic Knight was funny though, we finally had to have Somnus and Cap'tn Valor preform pyschic churgery on them to purge that meddlesome chica from their grey matter.

As a side note, Cosmin Knights player is wanting to retire the armor and bring in a new 'theme' hero...

The 'Hebrew Hammer' (from the comedy central movie)

Broc is afriad though that this borders on the 'bad' and could offend some readers. I'm not sure (I liked the movie , it was really funny in an Undercover Brother kind of way).

So the question is does anyone else have an opinion on the matter ? Should Cosmic Knight bring in the 'Hammer' or should he be swatted on the nose with a rolled up newsaper?

Well great post as normal Broc :) Your almost caught up in the posts and as chance would have it we are almost ready to switch back from FR to Hero :D

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Just wanted to 'de-lurk' for a moment and say 'fantastic'! :D

Champions-what a great system...man, I miss that game!

It'll take me a bit to get 'up to speed' but it'll be worth it!

Thanks,

LW

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Thanks back at ya LiVeWiRe!

And you even found us on page 2!

well 2 more issue's to go...in #13 we find out what happened to Dr. Lu and Legion eXtreme gets to redeem themselves by teeming up on a strange bad guy...it's the obligatory, morale-boosting, after-they-get-beat-down-by-the-bad-guys issue :p

Then in issue#14, Armando Montoya's past comes back to haunt him :eek:

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Sorry haven't posted lately, folks, but here's a

super BUMP

to encourage me to post within the next few days...er I mean a week :eek:

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Very nice Broccoli_Head, I've started reading this one and I'm enjoying it immensely. I recently cornered my group into a little superhero action and we had a lot of fun with it, even trying to write a little Supers SH for it.

Love what you've done with it, a very nice comic feel.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
ledded said:
Very nice Broccoli_Head, I've started reading this one and I'm enjoying it immensely. I recently cornered my group into a little superhero action and we had a lot of fun with it, even trying to write a little Supers SH for it.

Love what you've done with it, a very nice comic feel.

Thanks! Glad to see you on board. I guess I may have to start re-postin' :eek:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
ledded said:
I recently cornered my group into a little superhero action and we had a lot of fun with it, even trying to write a little Supers SH for it.

BTW, What system are you playing?

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Legion Extreme Issue#13: A Much Needed Vacation

"Hey! I'm throwin' ya a bone here," relayed Mel Flannagan, Silver Avenger: Boston, across the holo-vid.

Jae Sun grimaced. Folly and strife had continued to plague Legion Extreme.

When would it end! Jae Sun looked down and rubbed his temples.

"Very well tell me about the situation."

"He calls himself the Stone Giant, but his real name is Harold Dent. Typical eco-terrorist, he's been hidin' out in Canada for the last coupla years, but UNTIL based in Montreal contacted us that he was on the move across the border. We got a report that he's in northern Vermont, possibly headin' towards Burlington. We could send out a team, but I know you guys could use a win."

"Thank you. I do not like to be reminded."

The Silver Avenger shrugged her shoulders.

"Anyway, what does he look like? Powers? Any vulnerabilities?"

"Ever play Dungeons & Dragons?"

"What? No."

"He looks like a stone giant...page 101, in the Monster Manual. I'm sure the A.I. has the file"

"You must be joking."

"Nope. Tall, can grow up to twenty feet. Bald, rock, gray skin. Black eyes. He even likes to hurl boulders. Oh," she said looking down, possibly at a display file in front of her, "he can absorb both physical and energy damage and he's resistant to some types of damage as well, that is when he's in giant form."

"Maybe we will reconsider."

Jae Sun felt ill.

"Hey, Mr. Detective, now is not the time to go for the glam' villain. Plus, it's the only gig around. "

"Very well, I will look for the information. I will contact the rest of the team, and we...we will be right on it. Legion Extreme, out."

The detective had a headache.

Of all the silly ideas for a villian! But then again, that is why most of them are insane.

At least one thing had gone right this week. Yesterday, after talking Cosmic Knight into returning to base after the incident with Dragon Fist, and finally contacting Valor McCoy, 'Knight had allowed an inspection of his room. To their horror it was crawling...well actually his room was abuzz with hummingbirds of all shapes and sizes. It was very disconcerting. Jae Sun shuddered recalling the incident. Somnus had brain drained Cosmic Knight who had succumbed willingly, and then Valor had removed the aberrant obsession, which they had learned Hummingbird could uncontrollably place on men whom she had previously mind controlled.

Dragon Fist had not been so willing, but they would get to him later.

Earlier in the week, he and Dragon Fist had traveled to Providence, after Somnus had at long last mentally located Dr. Lu. The good doctor's slippery mind had failed him, and apparently Somnus had gained some power. The confrontation had not gone well. There had been shouting and defensiveness by Dr. Lu, accusations by Jae Sun, and in the end, no resolution. Their friend would not be returning to Boston any time soon, but at least he would let Darkfire and Anaka stay at his shop.

Jae Sun sighed heavily. He was growing more and more weary. He flipped to the common frequency.

"Legion Extreme, we have a job to do! Assemble in the War Room immediately. There is a bad villian on the loose and he needs a beat down!"

The slang sounded alien to Jae Sun as it rolled off his tongue, but without Slipstream around--the speedster had left his comm badge before his leave of absence--someone had to maintain the colour. The detective quickly suppressed a grin.

"S.T.A.N., please access the Criminal Database. Subject: Stone Giant."

"Already accessed, sir," replied the base A.I. in the Queen's English (Jae Sun Lee's personal preference)

Data began streaming across a nearby screen and Jae Sun began to study...

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
issue #13 part ii

Northwestern Vermont

Dragonfist, on his PRIMUS hovercyle, and Cosmic Knight topped the rise and looked out over the “Chin”, at the zenith of Mt. Mansfield. Four seconds later, Nightmare with Jae Sun riding bareback, and Somnus, joined them.

“Hey, I thought you were supposed to be a woman and a virgin to ride a unicorn.”

Jae Sun gave Cosmic Knight a scathing look, but Nightmare neighed simulating laughter and Somnus gave him a mental smile in his smug way.

En route to Vermont, they had heard from S.T.A.N.. He had told that that instead of splashing down Lake Champlain, Dent had turned east somewhere south of St. Alban’s. It looked like he was now heading for Montpelier, though more likely he would try and cause destruction at the ski resorts north of the capitol and in the Mt. Mansfield area. Jae Sun looked down at his holo-wristwatch. S.T.A.N. was sending them satellite feeds and sure enough, there was the Stone Giant, bounding over snow-covered mountains in their general direction.

“Anaka, do you see him?”

The martial artist stood up on his bike and scanned the area. He pointed and the hovering Cosmic Knight nodded his head seeing the same thing: puff of snow powder, amid the pines and bare-branched trees, and then another about 400 feet in front of that one.

“We see him.”

“Very well then, this Stone Giant seems the typical brick. Let us proceed on Attack Vector Beta, since Slipstream is still not with us.”

Cosmic Knight shook his head, “Once again, I give you a hearty, Whatever!” and then he took off into the valley.

Dragonfist, not wanting to be last to the target followed quickly.

Somnus rose above the tree line and began a slow, graceful descent down the mountain, and Nightmare teleported away, leaving Jae Sun in the lurch to fall on his bum in a nearby snowdrift.

“Ancestors! Please help me to have patience with the youth of today!”

However, he was professional enough to maintain his original course of action. Seconds later, a huge, black-furred werewolf stood where Jae Sun had once been. The Warwolf leaped forward trying to get to the Stone Giant as quickly as possible, maintain melee contact while the rest blasted him from a distance. He growled with exasperation as the Nightmare/Darkfire thing maintained its unicorn form. He had hoped that the strong superhuman female aspect would help him against this villain. The Warwolf leaped again and his eyes widened. A huge boulder hurtled towards the group, who in their rush, had not spread far enough away. Furthermore, instead of approaching stealthily, which was within his capabilities, the Cosmic Knight had hit is afterburners. He and Dragonfist lit up the valley with their exhaust, not to mention the noise of their flight.

The Warwolf landed just as the boulder hit and exploded into hundreds of sharp, rocky fragments. Trees were torn asunder and splintered. The Warwolf heard a whinny of pain from Nightmare. Fragments struck him, but fortunately, he had been far enough from the epicenter, that the shards, losing momentum, merely bounced off his tough hide. Somnus, above him was likewise able to deflect pieces of rock with his multi-colored sphere.

“They have no tactical sense,” muttered the werewolf. “Change, you fool!” he yelled at the fiery unicorn.

They had all been debriefed on the Stone Giant’s mental profile. He usually went after foes that looked like monsters you would find in a role-playing game. That was one reason the Warwolf wanted to close. He would be a psychological distraction as well. Right now, however, Nightmare looked the part, and she had been closer.

Nightmare did not change, instead she fired a beam of energy from her horn. Even from the long range, she hit, but the attack did not even slow the giant down. Warwolf on his next leap, got a better look at the villain. The giant was big; more than twice his size. He landed near Nightmare who huddled behind some rock formations on the slopes. He saw the fierce look in her eyes as she blinked away, this time with a bit more smarts, reappearing behind cover some twenty meters ahead and firing her hornbeam again. Peaking from behind the trees, the Warwolf saw the giant reel drunkenly, right before Nightmare’s beam hit.

“Well at least the mentalist is doing his job,” he growled and jumped once more to get closer to the fight.

Cosmic Knight had outdistanced Dragonfist and arriving at an acceptable range to the target, opened with a volley of plasma blasts. The Stone Giant shrugged then off and retaliated with another hurled boulder. Cosmic Knight’s heads-up display flashed Incoming! and the proximity klaxons screamed in his ears. He dodged, but the rock exploded, assailing him with fragments, and pummeling him silly.

“Exploding boulders! That’s not fair…” he cried as he began to fall, stunned from the attack.

For the Stone Giant, it was getting harder to think straight and make a coherent decision. Then the headaches began to blur his vision. He had to stop and recover.

“Need to get better padding against concussion damage,” said Theo Coolidge as he shook off the cobwebs from being dazed.

He had plummeted significantly downward, but it was far from a close call as he banked out of his dive and got his bearings. He saw that the giant had put its hands on its knees, it seemed to ignore the ch’i blasts from Dragonfist who stood on the seat of his bike and flew by, and the crimson-colored beam from My Little Pony. It could not ignore the raging wolfman that leaped from the trees and attacked with pummeling fists. Once again, the physical attacks seemed ineffective. The Stone Giant took his own fist and smashed it into the Warwolf sending him skittering down a nearby stream, and smashing into some fallen logs. But the werewolf got back up and this time flew at the giant with tooth and claw. Theo laughed at the sight. Warwolf’s attack and grapple looked like a dog nipping at the giant’s heels. Then Theo had a brilliant idea. He flew at the giant and let loose with his tangleweb. While it did not catch the whole villain, it did get his head and upper torso preventing him from letting loose on Warwolf again.

Somnus could tell that his mental assaults were beginning to take a toll. He had drained this Dent’s ego making it hard for him to make decisions and making it so much easier to make him sleep. The giant yawned even as it tried to shake off the Warwolf who was actually beginning to draw blood with his massive bite. Somnus saw the giant hesitate trying to decide what to do, then it shook its head and tore free from the net. However, the delay had been enough. Cosmic Knight actually did something brave after he had actually done something tactical. Somnus crossed his arms and watched as the Knight swooped down from the sky and sliced the giant with his energy sword. The mentalist raised and eyebrow when he saw black, ichor spray and ooze from the abdominal wound.

The Stone Giant bellowed. Somnus could tell that Dragonfist did not want to be outdone as the martial artist sped towards the giant on his bike and then vaulted from the seat and smashed the giant in the sternum. It was becoming his patented move. Dragonfist pushed off the behemoth and somersaulted to the ground landing in the snow on his feet--a 10-point landing--, even as the giant went staggering back and then crashed to the ground.

“Oh very well then, my turn,” mumbled Somnus.

For effect, he placed his fingertips on his temple and focused, then sent a mental command for the giant’s sleep receptors to fire once more. The Stone Giant spasmed and then lay still, breathing deeply as it now slept.

“I win again,” he said smiling

The Warwolf howled in victory, black blood on his snout as the Stone Giant fell. He was more incredulous at the fact that some of these supers had actually, in the end used their brains. Even now Cosmic Knight was making sure that Harold Dent was entangled in steel, sticky webs. No longer a massive ground-pounding titan, Dent was still as tall as he was, and still grey and bald. The Warwolf sighed. Clean-up was more suited to the immortal who housed his spirit.

Since the defeat at the hands of the Crowns of Krim, there were no longer any secrets among the group. Their identities had been laid bare to one another. The Warwolf let Jae Sun manifest in full view of the rest of his team.

“Nice job team!” admired Jae Sun as he inspected the restrained form of Harold Dent. “Somnus, keep him under,” he called in his wristwatch.

The prismatic sphere in which all assumed Somnus floated, hovered over the downed villain. Jae Sun dialed up PRIMUS.

“Mel, we got him. Please send one of your vehicles for pick-up and extraction.”

Jae Sun Lee actually let himself break and then keep a smile.

A deserted island in the South Pacific

Brian Parker sat on the beach and watched the waves. They were smaller now after the monsoon had passed, and as Slipstream he had rode the deadly ocean in the thralls of a mighty storm. It had been very satisfying, and he had not died.

“Dangit! I’ve been moping around for too long. It’s time ta get back and fight the good fight. Sorry, I let you down Stally. Sorry I let you down, Legion. I ain’t gonna anymore. Crowns, I’m gonna have yer heads. Ultimates, watch out! Cuz here comes Slipstream!”

He stabbed his surfboard into the sand and shot towards the ocean skimming across the surface, and swimming beneath the waves, headed roughly northeast...

End Issue#13

Remove ads