• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Champions Presents: Legion Extreme! [Hero 5thEd]-11/04 post extended 11/12!

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Victim said:
I'd like to ask what you guys did to Broccli_Head to make him hate your characters so much?

How do you figure? I'm neutral :lol:

I write them so well. How can I hate them?

Look at the drama: the agony of defeat. I wish there'd be a thrill of victory, honestly, but it is hard for me to play untactically...I had a momentary lapse in issue #6 and #7 when Legion Extreme fought the Ultimates, but I've since corrected myself.

Anyway, after this pyrrhic victory against several agents of Psi...Hypnos (the voice in Slipstream's head), Lancer, Torment (the screaming teen), Deuce (the shadow), and....the now deceased Soulfire, we took a much needed hiatus.

We mean to continue as soon as we wrap up a major loose end in our FR campaign.

Victim, thanks for readin'!

B.H.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Broccli_Head said:
How do you figure? I'm neutral :lol:

I write them so well. How can I hate them?

Look at the drama: the agony of defeat. I wish there'd be a thrill of victory, honestly, but it is hard for me to play untactically...I had a momentary lapse in issue #6 and #7 when Legion Extreme fought the Ultimates, but I've since corrected myself.

Anyway, after this pyrrhic victory against several agents of Psi...Hypnos (the voice in Slipstream's head), Lancer, Torment (the screaming teen), Deuce (the shadow), and....the now deceased Soulfire, we took a much needed hiatus.

We mean to continue as soon as we wrap up a major loose end in our FR campaign.

Victim, thanks for readin'!

B.H.

You mean that you write them so well because you delight with sharing the tortures you inflict upon them. :)

So Dragonfist just violated his CvK? Why was Soulfire so, umm, squishy? It seemed like he had negligible defenses. At least my first impression was false: that mental illusions caused Dragonfist to aim his attack at some bystander.

Darkfire never seems to use her normal form anymore.

Malachai_rose

First Post
Victim said:
You mean that you write them so well because you delight with sharing the tortures you inflict upon them. :)

So Dragonfist just violated his CvK? Why was Soulfire so, umm, squishy? It seemed like he had negligible defenses. At least my first impression was false: that mental illusions caused Dragonfist to aim his attack at some bystander.

Don't let Broc lie to you Victim... He really does hate us :p I mean the Crowns of Freakin Krim plus an Egyptian God, lol. As for the poor victim of DF's fury he only had like 10 armor. Good question as to why he actually got dead though...
Me I blame Brocs Legion hating ways :D That and his flair for the overly dramatic.

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Victim said:
I had the same first impression: that mental illusions caused Dragonfist to annihilate an innocent student.

And, I guess Slipstream is at least halfway to England by now! :)

-LW

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Victim said:

:]

So Dragonfist just violated his CvK?

He has a Code v. Killing that is strong, not total, and he has an Enraged disad that even though is only and 8-, just seems to occur at just the right times. :)

Why was Soulfire so, umm, squishy? It seemed like he had negligible defenses.

Dragonfist Pushed, plus he used an Armor piercing, Hand-to-hand attack (actually Dfist has a variable advantage on his Ch'i Punch and he choose to use AP...go figure), Soulfire had only like 15 PD, oh yeah, and Dfist used his double knockback...right into the pavement (5D/11B). It was overkill. The normal Body actually killed him! It wasn't a killing attack and Soulfire only had 10 Body. If I recall, Dfist also rolled an inordinate number of 6's which are 2 Body damage each, and I might have given him velocity from the bike...

At least my first impression was false: that mental illusions caused Dragonfist to aim his attack at some bystander.

I had Torment, Soulfire, and Deuce dressed as 'innocent' students. It wasn't an illusion and you know Psi, they'll try and manipulate the investigation to make it seem that Dfist killed an innocent bystander. WE like your idea :]

I know! And sometimes the players get upset at that player for making sometimes bad tactical decisions. Another Brick would have been useful against he Crowns!

Last edited:

honorwolf

First Post
Once again they waded into battle without a sound plan and did not listen. I regret the death of soulfire and I am tired of my team losing. We as whole need to make some changes. I hope, maybe with better leadership we can come together and prevent such things from happening in the future. This is going to become a PR nightmare. :\

ledded

Herder of monkies
Great stuff Broc... it's a sign of a good RBDM when the players are convinced that you hate them ;)

Me, I'm convinced that I did OldDrewId some serious harm in a past life, maybe he was an Irish Monk and I was a Viking, I dunno. :]

Love the way you write up the display of powers.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
ledded said:
Great stuff Broc... it's a sign of a good RBDM when the players are convinced that you hate them ;)

:( ::sniff:: That's about the nicest thing anyone has every said to me...

Love the way you write up the display of powers.

Thanks. No big trick. I just imagine what the fight would look like in a comic book. :cool:

Remove ads