Character Level Up Approvals

jkason

First Post
Did a financial review on Larissa

I had to dig around before I figured out why I was coming up several thousand gold off from you: Neither the +1 to +2 upgrade to the Greatsword nor the MW upgrade to the Earthbreaker were reflected in the equipment list, though you did have your combat stats updated for them. Once I added those, I only came up a handful of coin off from you, and adjusted your coin to match my total, so I APPROVE Larissa's finances.

I'm going to take a crack at Iago, but his adventure log looks like a much bigger mess to sort through. I'll let you know what I come up with.

For future reference, I don't think you need to worry about what you're selling back to the Pearl so long as you keep your purchased gear and actual, consumed items inventoried. Since we have 100% buyback, it doesn't matter if you had something and sold it back for coin, just what coin you've earned - what you're carrying & what you used up. I think the sold list may just clutter the issue, but that may also be just me. :)

Systole

First Post
As long as [starting gold + earned gold - used items - carried items] works out, I don't really care. I know that SK prefers a much more detailed accounting ystem, but I don't think it's necessary. However, things that you sell in the Pearl should be listed in that thread so we can keep track of inventory.

jkason

First Post
Okay, yeah. I was afraid of this. [MENTION=23867]mfloyd3[/MENTION] , I can't make Iago's finances work using what's on the sheet and my own math skills. I wind up with you having several thousand gold more than you're listing. If you can sort it out and point me to the spots you're using for your math, great. Otherwise, I'm leaving it for better math heads than mine. NOT YET

jkason

First Post
As long as [starting gold + earned gold - used items - carried items] works out, I don't really care. I know that SK prefers a much more detailed accounting ystem, but I don't think it's necessary. However, things that you sell in the Pearl should be listed in that thread so we can keep track of inventory.

Oh, definitely show selling / buying in the Pearl (though I'm not sure how well we're policing that inventory, but that's a whole 'nother headache). I just meant on the character sheet.

mfloyd3

Explorer
OK, well, thanks for taking a look. It looks like I made some mistakes, though not quite up to thousands of gp. Here's how I break it down:

Total gold received over adventuring career:
150 gp starting + 9793.75 on completion of Scourge + 8401.5 on completion of FoF
=18195.25

Expenditures:
16090.43 gp on sheet + (2.5+1+22.5) expended in Scourge + 396 expended in FoF
=16512.43

Should leave 1702.82 in cash on his sheet (about 1200 more than I had marked). I have changed the sheet. Sorry about the confusion.

Does this cover your concerns?

jkason

First Post
Total gold received over adventuring career:
150 gp starting + 9793.75 on completion of Scourge + 8401.5 on completion of FoF
=18195.25

That actually adds up to 18345.25, unless you're subtracting something else out that's not listed?

Should leave 1702.82 in cash on his sheet (about 1200 more than I had marked).

With the new / amended total on earnings, it's actually 1832.82 leftover, but I figure you can make that update and we'll call it good. I took the awaiting approval tag off Iago, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything until his next level up.

mfloyd3

Explorer
With the new / amended total on earnings, it's actually 1832.82 leftover, but I figure you can make that update and we'll call it good. I took the awaiting approval tag off Iago, so you shouldn't have to worry about anything until his next level up.

Made the change. Thanks for taking care of it, JK.

Last edited:

Remove ads