Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
Systole, I can see you're super-busy, so thanks for taking the time to help. And as for this:

But if you've got your heart set on that trait, start a proposal thread. It makes a lot of sense for the Pell and it shouldn't be any trouble to approve.

My two days on the site haven't quite filled in the gaps. Where would I start such a thread and to whom would I address it?

Continued thanks.

I made the proposal thread for you.

Reviewing Lightfeather:
1. Uploaded a pic. Feel free to change it if you find something better.
2. Reformatted stuff. @ Various Judges: We need to just fix the template, because I keep reformatting the same stuff every time.
3. Craft and Profession skills are (sadly) pretty worthless in LPF, because they interfere with bookkeeping. I know this kind of sucks, but it's a necessary evil. In any event, I strongly recommend you shift that point.
4. Changed 'Storytelling' to 'Oratory.'
5. Added Wild Empathy to skill section. It's just easier.
6. You have no arrows for your bow.
7. Waterskin and knife have no cost associated (unless they're part of the field kit?) which brings us to...
8. Pathfinder field kit is from the Pathfinder Society, so we can't use it. All that crap needs to be bought individually, or else you can spend 100gp on a basic lifestyle, which means most of those costs go away. But then you don't get a longbow.
9. You may (or may not) want to grab Guide as a ranger archetype. Your call.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Systole

1) I actually have a pic chosen but plan to draw the PC when I have some time and thoughts are clearer. - And I see I don't know how to add my own image of send you one. Well, one thing at a time.
3) Unfortunate, but can do.
4) I considered this but wasn't sure. That's cool.
5) Oh. I get it. That's a good idea.
6) Made the purchase but I reckon I forgot to list them in the weapon block.
7) They were ...
8) D'oh! Well, not only do I not want to be weaponless, but she got into town two days ago and is probably seen as more of a backward savage oddity than anything, so there's not much "lifestyle" potential.
9) I actually did see that and between it and Horse Lord feel it is much more appropriate for the character - just a little nervous about going with the unfamiliar.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Dane Mazelo:
a) Dex: 5 build points gets you 14, +2 racial brings it to 16. You had 17 listed. Fixed.
b) I blanked out the skills that you cannot use untrained. People use different browsers and fonts, so the italics you were using doesn't always show up well.
c) I also added a few more formatting tweaks.

Dane has his second APPROVAL and is ready for his first adventure.

Satin Knights

First Post
2. Reformatted stuff. @ Various Judges: We need to just fix the template, because I keep reformatting the same stuff every time.
Well, we are going to have to hash that out a bit. I made some changes to the template about an hour ago for adding in the finances tally and removing a few scroll bars.

But, you seem to be moving several sections out of the fixed space style and into a free flow block with only the leading item label italicized. The italics doesn't show well for me, so it all runs together a bit for my old eyes.

So, we need to decide if we want them to look like Thonos or Lightfeather first. Then I can do the editing to the template. It is locked, so only a few administrators can adjust that page. I am one of them. Removing the Table of Contents button is one of the tweaks I intend to do. It always just seems to get in the way.

Systole

First Post
The fixed style for the racial features, traits, feats, appearance, and demeanor is a pain because it forces people to go through and insert line breaks to make it look nice, which they rarely do -- either because they don't know or because they don't care. Which usually means the reviewing judge has to fix it somehow.

But it would also help if we eliminated anything that says 'Class 2', since the new players don't need it and the older players will have figured it out by the time they need it. Same with magic bonuses. I'd also like to give the combat block a baseline Melee section and Ranged section, complete with STR and DEX rather than 'Ability.' Plus, the leading zeroes in many places are unnecessary and ugly.

Last, we've (or at least I've) really been pushing for portraits. A placeholder or else some clue would be good.

Sometime in the next few days, I'll bang out a draft of the changes I'd like to see.

SpicyWaffle

First Post
Reviewing Dane Mazelo:
a) Dex: 5 build points gets you 14, +2 racial brings it to 16. You had 17 listed. Fixed.
b) I blanked out the skills that you cannot use untrained. People use different browsers and fonts, so the italics you were using doesn't always show up well.
c) I also added a few more formatting tweaks.

Dane has his second APPROVAL and is ready for his first adventure.

Hm. I may have had a little typo there in the ability scores section, or perhaps I'm still miscounting. With DEX 16 (including the +2 Human bump), that's only 18 points. Here was my math from the previous build, just in-case I really did have some sort of glaring typo for the points spent on the 20 Point Buy:

STR 13 (3 points)
DEX 15 (7 points), putting the Human +2 Bonus brings this to 17.
CON 14 (5 points)
INT 13 (3 points)
WIS 12 (2 points)
CHA 10 (0 points)

If that's right, then his current interim build is two points short. Just thought I'd mention it!

Systole

First Post
Hm. I may have had a little typo there in the ability scores section, or perhaps I'm still miscounting. With DEX 16 (including the +2 Human bump), that's only 18 points.

I had you at 20 ability points when I reviewed you. I remember because I was trying to find some way to even out your scores, and I couldn't find of a way that was clearly better.

Holy cow! SK has made his second character approval mistake in two years! I think that puts the tally at SK: 2, Systole: 40,797.

Satin Knights

First Post
Re: Dane's Dex:
Ah, the typo was in the other direction. You had 5 points listed as spent instead of the 7 you intended. The change has been reversed to give you what you expected.

Remove ads