Character Submission Thread

Grayn

First Post
a) You have five skill points to spend. I am counting 6 spent. So, you have to drop one.

Sorry about that, I was under the impression that traits that are "always a class skill" were additional to the allowed skill points. I dropped one out and it is at five.

Generic Advice: Barbarians have many interesting archetypes available to them. An archetype for a character should be declared at first level. So, this is the time to read through the APG and UC to see if any of the archetypes are interesting for you.

I did look through the archtypes, but I didn't see any that I really felt like a good fit...Except for Totem Warrior. Does Totem Warrior give a totem rage power or do i pick one of the abilities from the list?

Also, I am guessing that I will be able to edit my sheet once it is fully approved? I need to rewrite a lot of my details...I breezed through that quickly without a lot of editing just to get it posted.

Satin Knights

First Post
I don't understand that archetype. It looks like it doesn't actually give you anything or trade away anything. It seems to just add a name. Any barbarian can take one of the totem rage powers. They just have to stay in one totem group. Same for the Totem Warrior, so ??? Can anyone else point out what I may be missing on that one?

Edit your back story, yeah. You can still do that after it is approved.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It's been awhile since I read it, but I think you're correct. I don't think the Totem Warrior archetypes add anything. Unless there's a FAQ somewhere that says otherwise, I don't find anything that disallows any barbarian taking Totem Rage powers. I suppose one could say that the Totem Warrior archetype is automatically added when a Totem Rage power is taken, since you can only have one . . .

Seems odd that they'd make it an archetype without any mechanical changes to the character, but maybe they thought the flavor was worth it.

sunshadow21

Explorer
It's been awhile since I read it, but I think you're correct. I don't think the Totem Warrior archetypes add anything. Unless there's a FAQ somewhere that says otherwise, I don't find anything that disallows any barbarian taking Totem Rage powers. I suppose one could say that the Totem Warrior archetype is automatically added when a Totem Rage power is taken, since you can only have one . . .

Seems odd that they'd make it an archetype without any mechanical changes to the character, but maybe they thought the flavor was worth it.

I suspect they did it mostly as a way to highlight that particular line, or rather that series of sublines, of available powers.

D9

First Post
Just got done my first draft of Bandolin Grimblade, waiting for approval. Still not allowed to post links, so if someone would be so kind as to actually hunt my character down, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
D-9

Red Knight

First Post
Reviewing Cid:
Um, um... I don't even get an a) in here.
Cid has his first APPROVAL of two. A general player can do the second review. It doesn't need to be a judge.

Sorry SK...next character I make I promise I'll leave a couple things out for you.

As SK pointed out Cid needs but one more approval from another player, judge or not, I'll bring him into the DWI in a few moments.

Systole

First Post
Sorry SK...next character I make I promise I'll leave a couple things out for you.

As SK pointed out Cid needs but one more approval from another player, judge or not, I'll bring him into the DWI in a few moments.

a. Forgot a bonus language due to Intelligence.
b. I don't love Weapon Focus(scimitar). Mechanically, I think you would be better dropping to 2x kukris and taking Weapon Focus(kukri), or just taking Power Attack. But I noticed you specifically made that your fighter bonus, so I wonder whether you're already planning to swap it out at 4th for something else.

Anyway, the first one is the only actual problem, and it's minor. APPROVED.

Red Knight

First Post
Thanks for the approval and I noticed the missing language just before you actually gave me the final approval, I'm thinking of which language to go with. I'm leaning towards Irthian or maybe Hagruut, the second would be tied to my background that has yet to be discovered by anyone other than myself.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Reviewing Korasi Reylins

a. Personally, I've never found a use for Vanish. I think there are better bard spells. *cough*Timely Inspiration*cough*
b. In the long run, I think an extra cantrip is better than an extra skill point. But I think SK already beat this horse to death, so I'll just prod it a little before I move on.

Neither of these is an actual issue, just friendly advice. APPROVED.

Remove ads