Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Thuk:

The picture has to exist on your harddrive. From there, you upload it to the wikia site by clicking on the "Add Image". Once the image is on the server, you reference it via [ File:name.jpg ] to get the image to show. There are extra modifiers to control size and position in the link process. Just get the pic on the server, and we will help with the rest.

a) Half-orcs get +2 to one of their ability stats. You haven't picked that yet.
b) I added a thrown weapon stat block for the two weapons you can throw. Since throwing uses DEX instead of STR, it makes a big difference in the to-hit for your character.
c) The "Bred for War" is a human trait. Well, you are a half-orc, half-human. But, it is also from a source book we are not using. So, the second disqualifies it. For traits, you can pick from the APG, the ARG (Advanced Race Guide) or the LPF specific list or the generals.
d) The "Seafarer" trait is from the Inner Sea Guide. We are not using that book either, so both traits should be replaced.
e) Some skills cannot be used at all if they are untrained. That is why they start with a blank instead of a 00 in the template. I returned them to blanks if you had not spent a rank in training them.
f) In Pathfinder, to get the +3 bonus in skills for a class skill, you need to spend at least 1 rank in the skill. So, I changed the untrained ones to *.
g) Since you are going to be picking new Traits, we will revisit the choices on skills later. It is best at first level to spend points in skills that are class skills, so you get the +3 bonuses as quickly as possible.
h) The background had a lot of span tags woven through it that looked as if the editor choked and screwed up. I stripped them all out so the text would flow properly. It probably needs a little more formatting, but I got a lot cleaned up.
i) You hadn't marked the ability bonuses in the Abilities section. They were all sitting at +0 except for STR. Fixed.

Suggestions: Endurance is a boring feat. It will rarely come into use. Power Attack is the goto feat for a barbarian, but others Combat Reflexes have appeal too. PbP is real slow. It takes 4-6 months to level when your character is in a game. So, you should plan for "what is interesting at low levels."

A good start, but the Traits have to be changed to ones available in the APG, ARG or the wiki page. I think that is all the sources we use that have traits in them. The sources we use are the Core Rule Book, APG, UM, UC, UE, Adventurer's Armory and tweaks that are listed on the wiki.

-SK

Grayn

First Post
Thanks, SK!

I will go through and make the changes once I get home from work.

And that background formatting is a pita. Every time I published it, the formatting would go screwy. I spent an hour just trying trying to paste it in the section and it appears still not to work.

Grayn

First Post
a) Fixed.
b) Thanks.
c&d) Jeez, I should have paid more attention to the refs. Sorry about that. I changed skills and they are both from the APG.
e,f,g) I played around with the skills. Please have a look and see if they are correct.
h) Thanks, again.
i) I wasn't sure if that column was for the Ability Bonus or the Racial Bonus. Thanks for fixing that.

I changed my feat to Power Attack. That was a close second for me and I was only going Endurance thinking it might shore up my constitution a bit, no big deal to switch it.

I was able to get the graphic loaded. I was using the wrong load pic button.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Hi all. So I got my sketch of Lightfeather posted on my PC wiki, though the other image is still there. Reckon I'll be good to enter the Inn sometime soon and start meeting folks. Still not sure how the dice roller on this board works though.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Hi all. So I got my sketch of Lightfeather posted on my PC wiki, though the other image is still there. Reckon I'll be good to enter the Inn sometime soon and start meeting folks. Still not sure how the dice roller on this board works though.

Sketch good. Fixed image. Diceroller broken.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
I've heard of it and will check it out, thanks. Another thing - I can't seem to find instructions for making stat blocks anywhere and I know DMs want to use them.

Satin Knights

First Post
The DM will generally give you an example of what they want in the mini-stat block. It can vary. They are just spoiler tags using [ sblock=mini-stats ] and [ /sblock ] at the end. People usually copy-paste them (with upates) as the go along instead of retyping each time.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Thuk again:
a) You have five skill points to spend. I am counting 6 spent. So, you have to drop one.
b) You don't get the class skill bonus +3 until you have spent a skill point in the skill. So, Ride dropped to -2.
c) A barbarian doesn't have much use for spells, so I removed those two blocks. If you start tossing around spells later, we can add them back in.
d) Leading zeros are not necessary and can be removed. One of these days I will probably modify the template and trim them all out. Not necessary, but it may make the numbers a bit easier to read.

Only a) needs fixing for approval.
Generic Advice: Barbarians have many interesting archetypes available to them. An archetype for a character should be declared at first level. So, this is the time to read through the APG and UC to see if any of the archetypes are interesting for you.

Not quite yet, but close.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Cid:
Um, um... I don't even get an a) in here.
Cid has his first APPROVAL of two. A general player can do the second review. It doesn't need to be a judge.

Remove ads