• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
Alright, Morgan's change log:
Added a dagger, and dropped half of the rations to get me down to Medium encumbrance. Took SK's advice and dropped the extra HP and took Umbrella as a cantrip. So that should be good now, after a few rounds of edits.

Reviewing Morgan:
1. You switched the FC alternative to the bonus spell, and you changed yourr spell list and HP, BUT you forgot to write that in the Racial Trait section. HAHAHAHA BUSTED! TOTAL DEALBREAKER! APPLICATION DENIED!

Just kidding. The sheet's fixed and Morgan is APPROVED for play. Welcome to LPF!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hi.
First day. High school all over again.
Anyways, I'm here from the big surge of GITP people that just showed up, character is a Human Fire-Based Elemental Sorcerer, Morgan Blake.
I'll let the character speak for itself, got my fingers crossed that I did everything right.

Hi, Scott DeWar here. I play Heinrich Screiberson and Vincezo del Vecchio.

I am playing an elementalist [fire] wizard, and wish to give a nickels worth of free advice: try to fit in the meta-magic feat

Elemental Spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/elemental-spell-metamagic)
if you can, as that will allow you to change an energy spell to non fire to give a bit of variety to the already short
sorcerer
spell list. I made a one trick pony [fire] and my hands got tied when I met up with a foe that had fire resistance.
not a good thing at all!

good gaming!

omnitricks

First Post
Don't get what you meant by vow of poverty monk but I don't really know what other item's i'd need and with only 20gp to spend actually unless i change my armour to a cheaper one to buy more stuff (or you recommend what is missing)
Well, either knowledge local or diplomacy is good enough to gather information (and I already have diplomacy) I chose the archetype more because I am not interested in playing a trapfinding rogue (people say I get too paranoid when I do)
Tengu pictures are going to be hard unless it does not have to look exactly like a tengu
Yup not picking any locks if the archetypes are any indication. He is going to be a combat rogue. Also without being able to find traps there is no point being able to disarm traps (better to let someone else who can do it, do it)

As for the ability scores I have to stick where they are because I need the 13 int for feats, at least a 0 mod in cons so it will end up with a few odds in the point buy.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
In one of the D&D editions, the vow of poverty monk could only own five items, with only one of them being magical. Your character looked just as barren when it came to equipment. Kalgor, one of my characters, is on the complete opposite side of the scale. Admittedly, complete overkill, but in his current adventure, he has already used the rope, manacles and lock, drill, skeleton key, wood bowls, water proof bag, and the list goes on. It is the little things, and how you use them that make the game more interesting than "kill creature, loot body".

Example: A tent, two cloaks, one winter blanket, rope, a web spell, a bottle of brandy and a tindertwig. Solution to: two bat swarms and no aoe spells. Been there, done that. Without proper supplies, a bat swarm can TPK a party. We improvised since we didn't have proper supplies and survived.

Right now, you have clothes, armor, sword and dagger. You haven't removed seven of the placeholder/example items. You haven't looked up and recorded what your carrying capacity for your strength is. That is why I said it is unfinished. You are missing trail rations, bedroll, whetstone to sharpen and remove the dings from your blades, rope, a sack to carry loot home, etc. At the moment, you don't even have a pouch to put your coins in.

Knowledge Local, you know the answer from the bits of trivia you have picked up over time. Diplomacy, you have to go ask several people over the course of 1-4 hours, hoping they knew the same bit of trivia AND would tell it to you, a weird looking bird-man.

When the rogue in the party glibly says "Let someone else deal with the trap." Um, some of my characters would say "fine" and push the rogue into the trap. Then again, I am running a game where the party has four casters, but only one of them can cast detect magic. So, they wandered around for a while with unidentified magic items, because that one caster missed his checks, (and other circumstances too.) So, what I am saying is "you have an unpopular choice there." Being able to pinch hit, even if you don't specialize in it is better than saying, nope, not going to try. 1 skill point and a mundane set of thieves tools opens the skill up to try-able instead of locked.

Ability scores: Eh, we pointed it out. You got valid reasons and goals. Fine.

jackslate45

First Post
As SK pointed out, start getting random bits of gear. Chaulk Powder is over looked until you run into something that turns invisible, then you wish you had it. Aradra did run into one before, and its hopefully going to be useful when we fight an invisible bound creature.

For ideas look at some of the upper level guys. Kalgor, Fury/Orlando, Aradra, Frost, and Cythera all can find use in the mundane equipment they carry.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Edit: I suppose it is possible to get a sack instead of a backpack, how does one carry that though, either in your hand or over your shoulder but both require one hand I imagine.

Edit2: Can I hang a sack from my belt? It is not like I have a lot of stuff in it.

I sometimes use a sack rather than a backpack with a character not strong enough to carry all the stuff I want without being encumbered. I don't tie it to my belt, though - the point is to be able to drop it (a free action) when entering combat in order to be unencumbered during the important times. Not a perfect solution, as it could get lost, swept away, etc. but it works until you can pick up that oh-so-Handy-Haversack ;).

Remove ads