• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Cerebral Paladin said:
I thought I had a scheduling conflict, but that appears to have been based on confusion on my part. I think I will be able to make it, so I'll volunteer to run a D&D 4e game. Title and blurb to follow.

I'm happy to run it in the morning slot, since that's where there is a need for more games, but I notice that the only scheduled 4e game is in the morning. Buzz, if you think it would be better to spread out the 4e options, feel free to put me in the afternoon instead.
If you'd prefer the morning, then so be it! It's all good. Nothin' wrong with givin' the morning schedule a little goosing, either. :)

I'll post it for the morning, but let me know if you want to switch.

buzz

Adventurer
Nev the Deranged said:
Assuming I can get into them.
I'm shooting for the player sign-up to start 5/25, around 6-7pm, with advance notice of said time getting sent out at least 3-4 days in advance. (Heck, I could sent notice now.)

So, be prepared to be near a computer that Sunday evening. :)

Pbartender

First Post
This may look a little familiar to some gameday veterans...

[h3]Slot 1 - 9:30am[/h3]
Game 4: Isle of Dread: The Lost Temple of Ixtapolapocetl
4th Edition D&D
Pbartender
[bq][imager]http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=34108&stc=1[/imager]"…replenished our supplies, repaired the ship, and traded our remaining goods at native villages along the shores of several islands... …no name for the large island other than ‘The Isle of Dread’… …some villages were friendly, but others were hostile and the natives attacked on sight… …suspect the hostile villages were filled with cannibals... ...told us a tale about an ancient city in the central highlands of the isle that was built by the same ‘god’ who built the wall... …Ixtapolapocetl... …Lost Temple of… ...rumored to be filled with treasure beyond imagining... …persistant tales concerning a great black pearl… …The Eye of Ixtapolapocetl... ...may well be true…" – From the remains of the log of Captain Rory Barbarosa.

This is a 4th Edition D&D for up to six 7th-level pre-generated characters. No experience necessary.[/bq]

Attachments

• X1_Cover-1.jpg
    X1_Cover-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Hi Buzz,

Can you add this to the last morning slot? If not, c'est la vie. Unfortunately, I have no image to include--yet.

“The Angel and the Deep Blue Sea”
H3: Heaven, Hell & Hegemony (playtest)

The angel Beshael has slipped into our universe and is hiding on the fringe world Leviticus. It’s your team’s job to hunt her down, so capture her alive and bring her to the Hegemony prison on Pavonis. This isn’t a cakewalk! Not only are some citizens on Leviticus sympathizers for Heaven or Hell, some of your own team might be secretly working against the Hegemony—maybe even you?

H3 is a new scifi rpg that can be considered combination of Traveller, In Nomine, and Paranoia. Heaven and Hell struggle against a technological, secular Hegemony for control of humanity. Your character works for the Hegemony but might secretly work for Heaven or Hell. The rpg includes an Effort System that allows players to decide how much effort their character will put into a given action—more effort means bigger rewards … or failures. And yes, you can finally play a Level 3 Buddhist! Pregens will be provided.

For 6 players. No special table needed.

xrpsuzi

First Post
Can I make a request of the GMs?

Will you put a liner in your description if you are cool with newbies and/or teaching the rules? B/c there are a lot of games I would like to try and I'm a fairly fast learner, but I don't want to sign up if the GMs would prefer players that are familiar with the systems.

Thanks!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
suzi yee said:

Will you put a liner in your description if you are cool with newbies and/or teaching the rules? B/c there are a lot of games I would like to try and I'm a fairly fast learner, but I don't want to sign up if the GMs would prefer players that are familiar with the systems.

Thanks!

Should we also mention if "Stabby McStabbersons" are allowed? :D

Pbartender

First Post
suzi yee said:

Thanks!

No problem... I fixed mine already.

I usually put something like the disclaimer I used for the Iron Heroes adventures I ran for previous gamedays: "No experience necessary, but familiarity with D&D 3.5 is helpful." I left it out this time, since 4E will have only been out for a week and pretty much everybody will be a rookie to the system, including myself.

But, as you say, it never hurts to be blatantly clear about it.

buzz

Adventurer
suzi yee said:
Will you put a liner in your description if you are cool with newbies and/or teaching the rules
As mentioned in the first post:

me said:
Optional, yet helpful info you can provide includes:
• Whether your event expects prior experience with the rules
I.e., yes, this is always a good idea. :)

TracerBullet42

First Post
Because I almost always feel the need to whip up a poster for my game...here it is!
attachment.php

Speaking of posters...somebody want to make one for gameday? I'll print/distribute them to Games Plus.

Attachments

• Game Poster.jpg
    Game Poster.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 207

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads