• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chronicles Of Riddick

Berandor said:
The necromongers themselves refer to their victims sometimes as "humans", sometimes as belonging to different "races". So, I'd agree that Furyans are just humans from Furya.

I liked the movie, but I didn't *love* it. It had great scenes and moments, but also a lot of boring moments. I heard that Twohy had to dumb down the movie - maybe a director's cut would help? I enjoyed Diesel's performance, though. I think he's fairly underrated as an actor - not that he's a second Olivier, but he can do more than look grumpy, and has a certain charisma that shines even through black googles (watch "Boiler Room" for a very different Diesel).

I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
I seem to remember hearing that about 50 or so minutes was cut from the movie, and is getting put into the DVD.

shadoe

First Post
Now that is something that I would be interested in. I loved Pitch Black, and while the Chronicles where okay, it felt too rushed with all of the planet hoping. Maybe the extra time will balence it out for me. :cool:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
haiiro said:
Hrm. I'd gotten the opposite impression, though my only sources are the two movies plus the short anime "bridge" between them (I've never played the Xbox game).
I've played the game through and through and can say that it sheds no light whatsoever on Riddicks background (other than the EyeShine and how he got out of the slam).

I do have to recommend the game however. It's one of the best FPS (not that it really fits in that category) games I've ever played, despite its shortness.

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
jonesy said:
II do have to recommend the game however. It's one of the best FPS (not that it really fits in that category) games I've ever played, despite its shortness.

That's good to hear. I'm tweaked enough about it that I've considered buying an Xbox mainly to play CoR, as well as Halo and Halo 2.

Cymex666

First Post
I really enjoyed Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, and even the animated short Dark Fury (it ties the two live-action movies together nicely). Due to the fact that the Chronicles of Riddick didn't do as well at the box office as some would have hoped, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the next Riddick movie.

What I'm wondering is when (or if) we might see a D20 supplement regarding Riddick and his universe.

Remove ads