City of the Spider Queen

DemonAtheist

First Post
The doors themselves are safe at least, but the smaller one held the word Chahir. Does that mean anything to any of you?

OOC:
I clarified where the tracks led in the OOC thread, he did say that they led directly (if in a roundabout way) to the crypt

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion looks over the doors for obvious handles or other means of opening and resolves to pushing, if nothing can be found. He will gladly step back, if someone else tries his luck at the heavy doors.

[OOC:
Do any of my knowledge skills reveal anything about this 'Chahir'? Merion will try to get into the mausoleums, if it is managable without serious effort. If it's not, he'll look around for a different place to keep the horses, while the party goes into the crypts.
]

silentspace

First Post
Dakkareth said:
Merion looks over the doors for obvious handles or other means of opening and resolves to pushing, if nothing can be found. He will gladly step back, if someone else tries his luck at the heavy doors.

[OOC:
Do any of my knowledge skills reveal anything about this 'Chahir'? Merion will try to get into the mausoleums, if it is managable without serious effort. If it's not, he'll look around for a different place to keep the horses, while the party goes into the crypts.
]

Rashak will help Merion with the doors.

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the crypts

None of you have ever heard of whatever this "Chahir" is.

The door to the southern mausoleum is stuck.

The door to the northern mausoleum, though heavy, pivots easily to allow entrance. Though coated with dust, this large stone chamber has clearly not lain undisturbed since its crafting. Human refuse is strewn around the room as if this place had served as a campsite for more than oen group of travelers, bandits or grave robbers.
The chamber is twenty by twentyfive feet big, and four closed doors lead out of it.

Jyren stands back but watches the others carefully. He managed a look into the open mausoleum, not liking the idea that he may have been right about one of them being used as a camping spot. Carefully, he glances around again, "It is...safe, yes?"

Dakkareth

First Post
Mhhh ... Merion looks around the big room. It should be safe enough, I think. And it should be perfect to stable the horses until we return. Let's take a look around before, though.

He strides through the room towards the leftmost door and abruptly draws himself to a stop. Damn my overconfidence. These spells don't make me invincible. He looks at the others expectantly. Shall we?

If the doors are free of traps openable, Merion will look through the rooms briefly and not expecting to find anything of interest or importance.

DemonAtheist

First Post
Surely.

Hazrael enters first and searchs the four doors for traps. If he finds any, he will tell the others about the trap, then attempt to disable it.

Good thing we're taking the time to break into every room of a mausoleum instead of...oh I don't know...chasing Drow. Good to see that these companions of mine have a fine sense of priorities. But it would be unnecesarily cruel to let them set off a trap, probably would slow us down even more

silentspace

First Post
"Is there any evidence of the drow here?" Rashak asks when he sees that others had used this place as a camp.

When Merion moves to the leftmost door, Rashak goes also, his scimitars drawn.

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the crypts

While Hazrael search the doors for traps, Rashak looks for any evidence of drow in the room.
As far as you can see, there havnt been anyone else beside yourself in the room the last year or so.
Hazrael do not find any traps on any of the doors, and opens the door to the left first. A large stone sarcophagus rests in the center of this otherwise bare room. Unlike the outer chamber, this room shows no sign of habitation, and dust lies thick on the floor and on the carved lid of the stone coffin. The other tree rooms are identical to the first one in appearance.

Dakkareth

First Post
Under different circumstances I'd love to pry, but first things first. Maybe, when this matter is resolved.

Nothing in here. Good. I'd propose, we leave the horses here, maybe bar the door or secure it magically. Merion says and adds in a lower voice:I didn't memorize any spell of alarm, though.

He flexes his fingers and tries to suppress a grin. And then we finally get to see the spooky tombs.

Remove ads