• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of the Spider Queen

Dakkareth

First Post
I can't see anything in the way of tracks, I'll have to simply follow your lead, Hazrael, Merion comments amusedly, amazed that someone can find tracks on a solid stone floor. Well, it's dusty, but still ...

As they reach the door, the wizard shrugs, his cloak seeming to continue the movement for a few moments. Secure your back, I always say. Any time we spend now making sure, we don't have to spend later.

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - In the crypts hallway

Hazrael checks the door before you open it, and it is quite trap-free. The door swing open and before you you see a hallway extend about forty feet into the darkess before ending in what looks like a small crypt, though there is no sarcophagus. Two alcoves branch off from each side of the hall. These are also apparently empty, except for a thick coating of dust.

Last edited:

"Is it normal for a place such as this to be so...empty?" Jyren asked quietly as he stayed with the group. The dust seemed to almost be making him sick. It was too...dry. Too dead. Of course, that should have been expected from a crypt, but still, this was even more awkward than he'd expected.

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - In the crypts

You follow the hallway, and when it turns right, you see a door on the left-hand side of the now southward leading hallway. The door here was obviously once plastered shut, but the wide crack in the plaster surrounding it indicates that it has been broken open. The door is now closed. Hazrael quickly declare the door safe for opening, and it swing open. You see a short hallway leading into a bigger room.

DemonAtheist

First Post
If this is the Drow's entrance to our world, it's lack of defense seems oddly suspicious. Perhaps the Drow near the entrance were the guards of this crypt ... but that would mean that we are dealing with Drow that are opposed to a group powerful enough to control this entrance.

That would make the Drow we are hunting powerful enough to threaten authority by attacking an entrance to the Underdark, but small and radical enough to use their time on raids so as to build fear.

Hazrael face shows little of his thoughts. Instead his eyes move over the ground and the walls, the doors and the tombs, hoping to detect danger before it takes them by surprise. So far they had been lucky, but if this entrance was as important as he suspected, there would be more than a few traps in place.

Finally, Hazrael stands upright and turns to the rest of the group. I don't like the feel of this crypt. It should be more occupied and more well defended. Be on the watch.

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion's eyes narrow as he sees the forcibly opened door. Is that the way to the passage? And did they break out or was the way opened from without?

The trail leads through here? It could be a useful chokepoint ...

[OOC: Before continuing Merion tries to determine, whether the door was broken open from the inside or the outside.]

DemonAtheist said:
Finally, Hazrael stands upright and turns to the rest of the group. I don't like the feel of this crypt. It should be more occupied and more well defended. Be on the watch.

This confused Jyren, and it was fairly obvious on his face, "Why...should this be more occupied? It is a crypt, yes? And usually those dead just...stay dead here, yes? Or perhaps I'm even more uninformed about the world than I believed..."

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
We're barely past the entrance - it's perfectly normal, that there would be nothing here. Deeper down perhaps, be it drow or undead, but not this close to sunlight.

DemonAtheist

First Post
My fear comes from the presence of the slain Drow so near the entrance. I feel they may have bee the guards to this entrance, and that the crypt has been taken over by another group of Drow. Since the group of the first Drow would likely take action, it seems odd that the raiding Drow, have not fully defended the crypt from this.

Last edited:

Remove ads