City of the Spider Queen

DemonAtheist

First Post
Hazrael pulls his hood down, hiding his eyes and most of his face. Whatever information the human could get would help all of them, and the best contribution Hazrael could make towards their party being approachable was to keep his features from being seen to well. Hopefully the farm hand would fail to notice that the horse with Jyren and himself cast only a shadow of one rider. Comfortable not speaking, Hazrael perked his ears.

silentspace

First Post
Rashak dismounts and moves to stand next to Merion.

"Aye, I hope you haven't been personally affected by the drow raids, good sir. If you have any knowledge of the raids, please, tell us your story. It may very well help us in destroying the vile dark elves."

OOC: Diplomacy +12

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the farm

The young man looks up when you come closer. When Merion speaks up he listens. Aye, the Turndowns' farm was attacked in the last raid. They lived a couple miles over east way. When the young Rashak comes forth, the young mans face suddenly turn pale. Drow? I didn't knew that it was drow who did't. We've gotta get outa here! He turn around and flees toward the farmhouse, yelling. MA! PA! Get Susie and Robart ready, we're leaving! Dark elves are after us!

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Please, calm down! There's no reason to panic!, Merion calls after the young man. Damn, more complications. Morn won't thank us for panicking the locals. But then again, he has a point - should we fail to contain them in time, they might be in danger ...

Could you hold this for a moment? Merion gives his reigns to Hazrael. I'm sorry, but uneducated as those people are ... He let's the voice trail off. Turning to Rashak he says: It's not your fault, I should have thought about that before approaching him. Let's try to calm them down a bit and be on our way, if they have nothing more to contribute.

His cloak fluttering after him Merion then crosses the field and approaches the farmhouse.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the farm

You meet the family outside the farmhouse, they are almost ready to leave. They calm down somewhat after your explanation and they tell you that they are the last living for a couple of miles. Further east everyone has been slaughterd by what they so far thought to be "evil spirits from the old crypts". They agree not to spread the tales of dark elves, but will still travel to some relatives in Dagger Falls.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Pulling the others aside, Rashak says, "How is it possible that these people, who were the victims of the raids, don't know who the raiders were? And yet Randal Morn does. Do drow leave distinctive tracks? And yet, assuming everything we've been told is true, and the raiders are drow, why hasn't Morn warned the people? Why just leave them in harm's way without giving them a chance to evacuate? Its much better that they know, and have a chance to remove themselves from harm's way. There are many things suspicious about this Randal Morn fellow.

Dakkareth

First Post
I'm confident, that we will put an end to this threat, but it's probably for the best., Merion concedes and returns to his companions. And here we are, lying to the populace for Morn's money. The drow we met that one night were notoriously hard to kill ... But as long as we are in civilized and relatively peaceful areas I'm probably the best suited to lead and represent and thus have a responsibility to do so. In wilderness or battle however ...

I'm for taking a look at the raided farm before we take the crypts' measure, Merion suggests as he mounts his horse again (this time it's easier already).

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion considers Rashak's suspicions for a moment. It is interesting, that Morn knows the nature of the attackers, he says slowly. On the other hand there are ways to find out things, that ordinary people do not possess. And not telling the people about a danger until it is either of use to them or inavoidable sadly is a trait of many a ruler. But I agree, we should watch our backs and consider careful, whatever we find out.

Last edited:

DemonAtheist

First Post
Hazrael hands over Merion's reins, then turns to Rashak. According to Morn, there have only been two raids. Likely he deployed scouts after the first raid as a precaution. These scouts would ahve been no match for the group of Drow they saw, which is why we were summoned. Telling the populace the details would only complicate matters prematurely, especially if it can be dealt with quickly.

Morn might not be telling the whole truth, but if he sent a party to stop the Drow then he is still on the side of his people. I don't see what all of this talk is even for, the Drow need to be taught a lesson.

silentspace

First Post
Rashak detects the hint of disdain in Hazrael, and tries to ignore it, but fails. Scowling at Hazrael, he replies "Yes, I suppose looking out for the safety and welfare of the people may complicate matters for people such as yourself and Morn. I, on the other hand, would not wish death or enslavement by the drow on anyone, no matter how inconvenient it may be to you."

Who is this insufferable fool? He knows nothing of the cruelty the victims of the drow suffer. Or perhaps he simply doesn't care, and shares the same views as the drow. I must be wary of this one.

Spitting at Hazrael's feet, Rashak remounts his horse. "Merion, please lead on."

Remove ads