• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Closed] D&D 3E homebrew world

Greetings all,

I have been running a PbP 3E D&D game set in a homebrew world on ezboard.com for the last 11 months. I am seeking a new player to take over an existing character. The character was not played for very long so is not that well established, which is to say that whoever takes him over will be able to make their own mark on him.

The character is a level 2 Lawful Neutral Human Assassin, from the Green Ronin Master Class Assassin book. Ownership of that book is not necessary to play the character. I will provide information on all his abilities. He is an "aide" to a man claiming to be the rightful king of an oppressive empire.

The following is the campaign background:
The continent of Aldeera has been rocked with conflict over the last two hundred years, with the Kazadar Empire growing in size and power over this time. Today Kazadar covers more than half of the continent, stretching from the Karad Mountains to the north, to the borders of the Kingdom of Gardan to the southeast, and from the eastern coast of Aldeera to the borders of the mysterious land of Senaria to the southwest.

Gardan has suffered most over the years at the hands of Kazadar, the size of the kingdom dwindling to half of what it was at it's height. No major conflict has existed since the last brief war with Kazadar 38 years ago but Kazadar has made several harrassing incursions into Gardan in the past four decades. Gardan has adopted the policy of defense, heavily fortifying it's borders against further attacks. King Belgras Montaine would like to do more but he doesn't have the manpower to do anything but protect his kindgom.

Of late, Kazadar's interest in conquest has shifted to the elven nation inside the sprawling Versine Forest. The Versine just happens to be directly south of the Karad Mountains, and rests entirely inside the Empire. Over the last six years, Kazadar has launched major attacks on the elven nation in the Versine three times, and has had countless minor skirmishes. Thus far, the elves have managed to hold Kazadar at bay. Rumors abound that the elves have begun secret talks with the dwarves of the Karad Mountains about an alliance against Kazadar.

Kazadar is ruled by Emperor Avil Lorengrad. Kazadar rulers have always been interested in conquest but Avil Lorengrad seems driven by more than just conquest. Not only does he wish to conquer the elven nation, he wishes to exterminate the elven race.

Against this backdrop, the adventure begins...

The following is the background, written as a story, of the assassin character, Justapha Thool:
Human Assassin ("Aide" to King Andros Osbourne)
Hair: Straight and Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 5’5”

Background:

I lay back on the soft pillows of my bed unable to sleep; maybe I should call for one of the mistresses of the court to occupy my time and my mind. I felt restless and excited, rumor was, and good rumor too, for it came from that little imp Beldor.

Beldor is small and young, much as I was when I was brought into the court for the service of the King. He seems to have found the little passageways and vents that I was once privy to when I was young. In those nooks and shadows I was able to hear the private conversations of the nobles. The secrets and intrigue of the court came in useful, I found I could profit a bit in many ways with my information. A few coins here and there, a peek at the concubines, but the thing that really intrigued me was the fear.

It was amazing to me, how with a little tidbit of information, told to the cleaning maid or a gardener, the rumor would spread, and when it came to pass, oh, the looks I would get. The wide eye, the signs to ward off evil with crossed fingers behind their backs. Soon it was rumored that I had “the sight”. That still amuses me, but sometimes I have to wonder.

I chuckled to myself at the memories. I looked around at my sumptuous room, the red and black velvet curtains, the carved furniture from the fine woods of the north, the bronze oil lamps hammered into the likeness of hawks, the display of my favorite weapons, yes I am lucky. I could just as well be a bastard beggar in the streets if not for my innate talents and the training I have received from the masters. Some may call them black or evil but I am like the needle of the seamstress; bound by the thread of my beloved King, I am used to jab and punch through the cloth of life to produce a beautiful tapestry.

The news came as I was finishing up weapons practice, I was deep into the fantasy of killing Kazadars, my blade whipping through their rotten flesh, I jumped and turned to make a stab and Beldor’s face was just and inch away from my thrust. “Whoa, watch it young lad, that silent step of yours just about bought you a pretty scar”,

“ I’ve got to tell you something, the King may be choosing you for a very important task.” Beldor whispered as his eyes stared at the blade tip.

“Very good little one, I’ll meet you in my quarters at sun’s setting.”

Beldor’s story was one of great interest to me, he told of four great adventurers, victorious in battles that have caught the King’s eye and gratitude and he wants me to join him to rescue Elsinore. They must be great men. If this is true…

Whoever takes over the character will need to register on ezboard.com to be able to access the board where the game is taking place. Posting requirement is at least once every other day. First person to reply to this thread that they want to take over the character will be selected. After that, I will send the character sheet to that person along with the board id on ezboard.

Last edited:

It has been a pretty good game, Yellow Sign. Its been going for just a few weeks shy of a year. The four players that are currently in the game have been with me since the start.

What's a good e-mail address I can send the character sheet to?

If you want to go to www.ezboard.com and check out the game board, once you get to the ezboard site, jump to board id bkingdomofgardan. That will take you to our board and you'll be able to read the posts, etc.

Once I have an e-mail address to send the character sheet to, I will also summarize what has happened thus far in the campaign.

Toric

Last edited:

Remove ads