creative exercise (worldbuilding?)

Rune

Once A Fool
Good call on Mammoth Cave.

There's a waterfall near here that has a moonbow (a rainbow that shows up in moonlight).

There's also a massive underground lake near where I used to live in Tennessee, called the Lost Sea.

By the way, Stone Mountain's not really a mountain--it's just a big granite rock (I grew up down there).

Last edited:

I just discovered an establishment not too far from here; I have no idea what it is, only what it's called. The name on the building is "Cabbages and Kings."

As I said, no clue what it is, but the possibilities are endless. Somehow, I see it as a halfling establishment in a D&D setting...

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
JoeBlank said:

You left out the Junkman's Daughter, an eclectic store in any setting.

Closer to home, we have Five Forks Trickum Road (a good name for a winding, difficult to follow trail?) and of course the matter-of-factly-named Stone Mountain.

I agree with Ankh-Morpork, I've always wanted to end a CoC with the party racing toward Stone Mt down the highway and see it across a flat stretch all lit up at night with Azathoth writhing down from the clouds above it :)

Can't believe I left out the Junkman's, though it's actually the Junkman's Daughter's Brother ...

Oh, and add to the list the double-barreled cannon ...

spunky_mutters

First Post
The only appropriate names from my area are pubs (kind of telling):

The Rusty Gull
The Raven
The Black Bear
The Rose and Thorn (now gone)
The Queen's Cross

Anime Kidd

Explorer
There is a place in the Olympic National Forest called the 'Hall of Mosses'. Sounds like a great place for druids to meet up in. Here is a picture of it.

There is also an old lava tube called the 'Ape Caves'. Just a big 'ol undergound tunnel really.

Maraxle

First Post
Near my house:
Potter's Pub
The Diamond (baseball stadium)
Shockoe Bottom and Shockoe Slip (2 sections of town)
The Fan (another section of town)
King's Dominion (theme park)
One-Eyed Jacques (FLGS)
The World of Mirth (toy store)

Near my parents house, you have:
Lost River
The Polar Caves
The Old Man of the Mountain (well, not anymore...)
Locke's Mills
Clark's Trading Post
Wildcat Mountain
The Thirteen Mile Woods

Last edited:

Remove ads