• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

creative exercise (worldbuilding?)

Rune

Once A Fool
Good call on Mammoth Cave.

There's a waterfall near here that has a moonbow (a rainbow that shows up in moonlight).

There's also a massive underground lake near where I used to live in Tennessee, called the Lost Sea.

By the way, Stone Mountain's not really a mountain--it's just a big granite rock (I grew up down there).

Last edited:

I just discovered an establishment not too far from here; I have no idea what it is, only what it's called. The name on the building is "Cabbages and Kings."

As I said, no clue what it is, but the possibilities are endless. Somehow, I see it as a halfling establishment in a D&D setting...

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
JoeBlank said:

You left out the Junkman's Daughter, an eclectic store in any setting.

Closer to home, we have Five Forks Trickum Road (a good name for a winding, difficult to follow trail?) and of course the matter-of-factly-named Stone Mountain.

I agree with Ankh-Morpork, I've always wanted to end a CoC with the party racing toward Stone Mt down the highway and see it across a flat stretch all lit up at night with Azathoth writhing down from the clouds above it :)

Can't believe I left out the Junkman's, though it's actually the Junkman's Daughter's Brother ...

Oh, and add to the list the double-barreled cannon ...

spunky_mutters

First Post
The only appropriate names from my area are pubs (kind of telling):

The Rusty Gull
The Raven
The Black Bear
The Rose and Thorn (now gone)
The Queen's Cross

Anime Kidd

Explorer
There is a place in the Olympic National Forest called the 'Hall of Mosses'. Sounds like a great place for druids to meet up in. Here is a picture of it.

There is also an old lava tube called the 'Ape Caves'. Just a big 'ol undergound tunnel really.

Maraxle

First Post
Near my house:
Potter's Pub
The Diamond (baseball stadium)
Shockoe Bottom and Shockoe Slip (2 sections of town)
The Fan (another section of town)
King's Dominion (theme park)
One-Eyed Jacques (FLGS)
The World of Mirth (toy store)

Near my parents house, you have:
Lost River
The Polar Caves
The Old Man of the Mountain (well, not anymore...)
Locke's Mills
Clark's Trading Post
Wildcat Mountain
The Thirteen Mile Woods

Last edited:

Remove ads