Curse of the Azure Bonds: Spellcaster Recruiting

dog45

First Post
Got a cleric for ya!

Also, here's all my rolls at IC. I screwed up a few times. My bad.

Garret - Beggar / Storyteller / Diviner
Human Cleric of Oghma 6 (Charm/Knowledge)
Chaotic Good

HP 33

Str 11
Dex 11
Con 13
Int 13
Wis 16
Cha 13

Stat increase to Wisdom at 4th.

BAB: +4
F/R/W: +6/+2/+8

Skills

Diplomacy +6 (5 1/2 ranks + 1 cha)
Knowledge Arcana +10 (9 ranks + 1 int)
Perform Storytelling +9 (5 1/2 ranks + 1 cha + 3 feat)
Survival +12 (9 ranks + 3 wis)

Feats

H Able Learner
1 Skill Focus: Perform
3 Eschew Materials
6 Improved Initiative

Languages: Common, Elven

Pet: Roger the Rat

Appearance

Garret is beyond dirty. His teeth are yellow, his tattered and patched robe is dusty, his fingernails have grime underneath them, and he hasn't worn shoes since he learned to walk. His dark hair is ratted up and hangs above his shoulders. He is wiry and bony from years of living in the streets and the last time he had a shower was when he fell in the sewer two months ago.

Despite his ragged and unkept appearance, his eyes shine with intelligence and his mouth is quick with wit. Though he has chosen to live among the rats and trash does not mean he has forgotten what it means to be a human. In a certain respect he understands people better than most because of this, being able to observe and judge without fear of recrimination. Those of the city he meets and deals with make up their mind about him merely on his appearance and habits. Safe within this preconceived identity he is left alone and free, largely ignored by the city people.

Those who he has regular dealings with know that he is instead a wise, if not learned man and respect him for his talents and abilities. Those who ridicule and misjudge him rarely learn of their ignorance directly, for he prefers to keep ignorant those who are ignorant, and enjoy the life he has observing life from its bottom rung. What little he has he shares with his familiar, Roger the rat.

Background / Habits

Garret was born in the city, though he knows neither his father nor mother. Cared for in his early years by a street mission, there he learned the basic skills of human life - reading, writing, and arithmatic. He left the mission when he was still a boy, and came under the guidance of his soon to be teacher in the magical arts. He never actually considers his magic an art, but instead as a valuable tool that has many uses. His teacher was raised on the streets like himself, and taught him how to use magic.

His storytelling he does liken to an art form, and collects and trades stories. His has a tale to tell for any occasion, and relishes the opportunty to share them. Nothing is free, however, and he expects to paid (in various forms) for the story he tells. He does not expect much, maybe a few coppers or tidbits of food, but his pride in his stroytelling is equal to that of any high society entertainer. He doesn't expect to be given handouts, so he considers his performances as equal trade in whatever he is given.

Use of Magic

He is not showy with this magical talents. He prefers useful magic over flashy, big production spells. He favors enchantments, divinations, and protections, and augments his meager earnings as a storyteller by selling his spellcasting abilities to those who need them. His minor magical abilities make his life easier and enhance his status with the other street people he shares a community with. He is free with his talents and will trade with others for use of them. Whether it be money, barter, or favors, he expects payment, but rarely beyond what the other person is able or willing to give.

Spells

Zero level (5 per day)

First level (4+Domain per day) DC 14

Command x2
Protection from Evil
Shield of Faith
(D)Charm Person

Second level (4+Domain per day) DC 15

Augury
Calm Emotions
Enthrall
Zone of Truth
(D)Detect Thoughts

Third level (3+Domain per day) DC 16

Dispel Magic
Remove Curse
Locate Object
(D)Suggestion

Last edited:

Difflam

First Post
OK thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt Eva, I'm really keen to do some good RPing and I won't let you down! :)

I've decided to take the very first roll, however I might reduce a couple of stats slightly so that it matches the character concept a bit better. I hope voluntary stat reductions are OK with you?

I've updated the original character post above with the stats, and will add all the extra details like equipment etc shortly, I just need to know how much GP worth of gear a 6th level character gets?

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
dog45: It's still open. I'll take applications until maybe this friday and go from there. For your character, I'd personally prefer a full-on primary caster rather than an NPC class, otherwise it doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

Difflam

First Post
OK thanks, I've updated pretty much all the character info, just need to do spellbook and equipment and that should be it!

Pavs forbidden schools are Necro and Divination.

I posted the character in your character thread also, but I didn't realize your still taking applications so I will remove it from there for now.

Difflam

First Post
Eva of Sirrion said:
Gotta go with another school.

Oops, missed that, thanks for the info, I'll pick another school to give up now.

OK after reviewing the different schools and also thinking about the character concept, I thought that the school which matched Pav the best for specialization was Evocation, so I changed that. In addition, Necromancy and Illusion seemed like the most appropriate schools to give up. I have updated the info.

Last edited:

dog45

First Post
Okay, good to know. I'll change his class to Cleric, with perhaps some minor thematic changes to the character. Is there a Faerun deity that is similar to the Watcher, from Marvel Comics? But maybe without the 'no interaction' policy.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
dog45: Not being a comic reader I can only hazard a guess at what you're shooting for, but from what I read on wikipedia, I think you might be interested in one of the knowledge deities like Oghma or Deneir. Oghma is concerned with knowledge in all forms. Deneir is the god of literature and is concerned with recording all of history in written form. The party has had some interaction with Deneir's clergy already, so that could give you something to build on.

Remove ads