D&D Beyond: Beholders

gyor

Legend
[video=youtube_share;YT9rjF5i76A]https://youtu.be/YT9rjF5i76A[/video]

Mike Mearls tries to make Beholder and Mindflayer Gods dispoear from D&D history, but the Hive Mother sees you, mawahahaha.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Love beholders and this vid

Seeing your avatar and your EN World level title, it makes me wonder what a Beholder Druid would be like. Can you have an aberration druid? Can their be anti-druids as there are anti-pallidans?

S

Sunseeker

Seeing your avatar and your EN World level title, it makes me wonder what a Beholder Druid would be like. Can you have an aberration druid? Can their be anti-druids as there are anti-pallidans?

There are aberration druids yes.

Anti-druids are transformers. They're warforged who turn into like, carriages and boats and stuff.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Given the traditional description of beholders as paranoid and supremely selfish, I don't see why there were 'beholder gods' in the first place. No beholder worth its salt would admit to the existence of a being of such great power that it cannot possibly overcome for position of "true beholder-ness" - unless somebody could prove to it beyond the shadow of all possible doubts that the being already existed.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
it makes me wonder what a Beholder Druid would be like.
You turn into other aberrations, instead of turning into beasts.

But it would be easy to defeat such an opponent: hold up a big mirror so it can see what it has become - something that is not a beholder - and it will go insane.
OTOH, aberration-animals are easier to defeat than a beholder, so you may NOT want to clue it in until after you defeat it.

Remove ads