D&D for 2: The Deep Calling (IC Thread)

Scratched_back

First Post
[SBlock] After getting dressed Jericho realises how truly sore his fingers have become. He soaks them in some warm water trying to relieve the pain slightly, then wraps his harp back in it's protective leather. Packing his belongings back in his satchel, he heads downstairs to get some breakfast. Not finding Mark around he approaches the bar girl "Good morning m'lady, could I trouble you for a large breakfast? I have a long journey ahead of me again today. Do you happen to know where the trade wagons depart from around here? I'm hoping to hitch a lift... I've never been one for walking so far, especially alone." [/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]"Sure thing, coming right up." She brings you a bowl of porage along with a slice of ham and some warm bread. "The trade wagons? They depart from all over, but best way to find them is down by the Starwind* trading house, they're on the edge of down the road," She points in the direction.

Breakfast is quite filling, and with some constant use your fingers are begging to feel a bit less stiff.

*Jericho is aware that the Starwind trading house is one of the more successfull merchant trading houses in the region, and often have trading houses in major towns. Most merchants have freelanced for them for a time or two, and they have been known to take on the occasional passenger.[/sblock]

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock] Tia'ala sat down on the beach and ran her hands through the grains of sand examining some pretty aquamarine pebbles clumped together by her feet. She closed her eyes and took in the breath of the ocean air hearing the waves crash against the shore line. Suddenly from nowhere she began to cry. "I feel so empty" she cried "I miss you father and I'm lost in this world" With that she picked up the biggest of the pebbles and through it angrily and watched it dissapear into the swell.
She walked to the waters edge and gazed into the deep green rock pools that were formed underneath the cliff face. She hauntingly stared at her own reflection... no wonder they call me freak, with one friend to my name guess there is a reason why no one will enjoy my company. she pondered.
Then out of the corner of her eye she swore she saw someting in the water[/Sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tia'ala]Perhaps it's her tears, or her wishfull mind, but fortunately or not, when she turns to see what she thought she saw, it's either gone, or it wasn't there in the first place.

It's then that Tia'ala is startled by a tap on the shoulder. She turns to see a small boy, no older than 10, looking at her with concern. "You hurt perty lady?" he asks in his high pitched voice.[/sblock]

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock] "Yes I'm hurt inside but I will survive", she said as she wiped away a tear from her cheek and stood up. Tia'ala then patted the little boy on the head, gave him a comforting smile and walked further up the beach until she reached a pier. It was made from old timber frames from the fishing boats and was rotting with the constant sea spray and looked unstable to walk on.
The waves below looked fresh and the water was so clear she could see the shoals of fishes close to the sea bed. She had been feeling parched throughout the day due to the everlasting sunshine that seemed to shine on Redspar. In a flash of spontenuity she ran towards the pier front and dived off the platform into the waves below. [/Sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tia'ala]The boy looks a bit confused and acts like he's trying to ask you something but can't figure out how. He watches as you easily outdistance him heading towards the pier, and then runs back to the town.

Diving into the water is refreshing, having not done that in a long while. A breath of fresh water as you move easily through the water. The sun beats down from above the cool waves, lighting the clear water, and giving it a bit of warmth. After a bit of time, you spot someone wading into the water, and a pair of small feet in the distance by the coast.[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=Jericho]"Sure thing, coming right up." She brings you a bowl of porage along with a slice of ham and some warm bread. "The trade wagons? They depart from all over, but best way to find them is down by the Starwind* trading house, they're on the edge of down the road," She points in the direction.

Breakfast is quite filling, and with some constant use your fingers are begging to feel a bit less stiff.

*Jericho is aware that the Starwind trading house is one of the more successfull merchant trading houses in the region, and often have trading houses in major towns. Most merchants have freelanced for them for a time or two, and they have been known to take on the occasional passenger.[/sblock]

[SBlock] After having his fill of breakfast and nursing his hand to a little more comfort, Jericho pushes the bowl across the table and leans back rubbing his belly. "That was fantastic, thank you. Good start to a day my mother always said. I'm off to see about some transport. I shall recommend this place to my friends if they're passing through." and with a smile he lifts his satchel over his shoulder and leaves the Inn. Heading the way the bar girl had pointed he set off down the road in search of the Starwind Trading House.[/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]The Starwind Trading House is easy to spot, being the large warehouse building with an office attached to it, and the obvious sign reading "Starwind" on the front. The warehouse seems to have a fairly steady traffic of merchants going in and out of it, as well as the occasional person going in and out of your office. You head into the office, and after a short wait, a receptionist motions for you to approach.

"What can I do for you?"[/sblock]

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock] It was the little boy who had tried to talk to you not a few moments ago on the beach. He had been watching you in the sea and looked very startled and was waving his hands in the air frantically.

Suddenly you felt something brush against your'e feet as you tread water and as you looked down through the water a dark shadow was circling beneath your feet.
A surge of panic travelled through Tia'ala's body and looking back towards the beach the little boy seemed so shook up he must have seen something you were totally unaware of.

Tia'ala decided to submerge her head under the water to see what all the fuss was about, checking for danger on the surface proved to be nothing out of the ordinary, no sharks fins.
Maybe it could be Sahuagin? Tia'ala thought annoyed, she did'nt fancy a battle considering she had been in the town two minutes and was already involved in potential trouble.

What the hell was it? [/Sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Aquatica]OOC: First of all, glad to see you and that you're ok :) Hope you're feeling better. Second, probably by fault, but to redescribe what you see... from underwater, you see 1 pair of legs entering the water heading somewhat in your direction (Likely not Shaugin), and a small pair of feet (Perhaps a little boy) in the distance).

Be carefull assuming too much if you're unsure, and don't be afraid simply post "I stand up to see what's going on". Not very poetic or creative, but sometimes, that's realy all you can do to reacti to what I give you (I try to give you more, but I have to generaly try to not assume what you do, much like you generaly try not to assume what I do).

Anyway, I'll revise your reaction a little bit to fit what you were trying (I think). Don't worry too much, I realize you're still getting used to how PbPs work. If you're unclear on what's going on ever, feel free to ask me to give you more information if I can, or simply say "I look around and/or listen and/or try to recall if I know XXXX". You can always ask me question in the OOC chat as well if you need to.

Back to IC:
Aquatica - Revised said:
A surge of panic travelled through Tia'ala's body and looking back towards the beach the she spots the smaller feet as well as a larger person heading her way.

Startled Tia'ala pokes her head above the surface to look at the new oncomer(s)
The little feet indeed belong to the same little boy, who is waving his hands and pointing in your general direction. The other set of feet belong to a fairly good looking middle adged man carrying a quarterstaff. He call out "Ma'am, don't worry, I'm coming! Grab on to my staff, and I'll pull you closer to shore!" He steps closer and reaches out with the quarterstaff.

Having seen where the shore takes it's plunge, you don't think he can get closer than 15 feet before the shore drops out from underneath him, but he seems unaware as he heads towards you (about 35 feet away right now).[/sblock]

Remove ads