D&D for 2: The Deep Calling (IC Thread)

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock]"The shipwright will be just fine thanks Pete!" Tia'ala was comforted by the fact she could rest easy and knowing she was near the coast.
She laid down her belongings on the bed and double taked the cot in the corner. Maybe it was Racheal's? she thought before going off into a daydream about one day having her own children.
Chance would be a fine thing, heh! Everybody thinks I'm a freak of nature, I can never get close to anyone without them either being enchanted and with it persistant plus annoying or the total opposite, scared of me or damn rude!
"Well I have Pete and that is a start if anything so be greatful for that" she chuckled, relieved.
Tia'ala hung her cloak over a nail behind the wooden door to her room and ventured down a small corridor to the left of the office which leads to a large bay window. Looking through the grime and cobwebs she can see the sea and a small beach laiden with stones and black sand. She smiled to herself and with an air of excitement in her voice she shouted to pete who was dissapearing under a mound of papers in the office that she was taking a walk to look around and headed towards the waves.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tia'ala]Looking at the cot (There is not real bed, the cot's it), it does look somewhat cosey with several blankets layed carefully over the surface, to cusion it much like a more normal bed, as well as to insulate from the cold underneath. It would be well suited for a late nice office nap, or perhaps a place to lay if an injury should befall anyone, or they just need a break to lie down, but the little room does have a door with a lock, perhaps Pete has the key so you can lock it behind you, just in case.

Pete waves from behind the papers as you head off. The shipwright itself is built on the edge of a rock formation, with parts being dug out to allow a ship to sail into a somewhat artificial channel, and the smell of the sea is strong in the building, which is good. As you step out towards the beach, it's mix of black sand of the cliff face quickly turns to a more beige sand that most are accustomed too. The waves caress the beach softly like the gentile touch of a lover, as a mild breaze blows in from the sea. The colors of the morning are begining to fade as the sun rizes just above the horizonm it's rays caressing your skin warmly.[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=Jericho] There are murmers amonst the crowd at your declaration. "Why would he want to find that cold fish?" "Didn't that... thing... leave?" "She inspires me, if you know what I mean." "Does he mean Tela? That was her name right?" till finaly, one girl, perhaps ten years old comes up to you and says "She was sad when her daddy died, and I think she left. She used to live in the big house around the block. She was pretty, and used to give me shells to play with. Momma says to stay away from her, but I guess I don't have to worry, cause she went to some Red on the coast. I miss her shells though. If you find her, can you tell her Sara misses her?"[/sblock]

[SBlock]Slightly deflated from what he was hoping to be a more positive response, Jericho lowers his arms and steps down from the stage, the little girl's words hardly registering. I wonder what they have against this lady, Tela, one of them said... As he takes a step towards the bar he realises the girl is still stood there looking up at him, apparently waiting for a reply. Her words run through his mind again "You know her, little girl?" When he receives a shy nod, Jericho laughs out loud and hoists the girl up to his eye level. "Little girl, you're the best person I've met in this town yet!" she wrinkles up her nose in embarrassment as Jericho ushers her towards the bar.

"Mark, if you could be so kind as to mix my new best friend a drink, a drink suitable for a child of course. Fruit juices? Put it on my tab... obviously I don't have a tab, but if you could be so kind as to make me one then put my drink on it, I shall remunerate you in the morning." he throws the little girl a wink. "Now then little one, a Red-on-the-Coast you say? I'm from a town called Redspar... do you think that may've been it?" [/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]Marks says "You're covered, don't worry."

"Yeah, that's it. Thanks Mister. You realy play well. Can you play some more?"[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
[SBlock]"Of course I'll play some more little one, but not here and not now. You tell me what it is that you'd like a song about and I'll make one. Anything you like. Elephants? Dragons? Sea shells? Your wish is my command." Jericho bows low with a solemn look on his face and then grins at her when he stands up straight again. "Tell me what you want in this song Sara and I'll do it, I'm only going to ask you one thing; while you're waiting, you think of everything you can about this Tela lady and tell me later, okay?" [/SBlock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]"Who's Tela? You mean the blue skinned lady? I told ya all I know, though I tought someone called her Tia or Ala or something. Can you sing a song about the Sea?"[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
[SBlock] "A song about the sea? Of course I can! Anything you like, as I said." Jericho sits on a stool next to hers and begins to sing a song about pirates that he remembers from his childhood in the port of Redspar. He doesn't use his harp, trying not to attract a lot of attention from the crowd. Adding as many funny faces as possible in between words and with the occasional thigh-slap and pirate impression, he continues for three of four minutes until Sara begins to giggle.

"Well then little one, I'm well and truly worn out now, I'm going to retire for the night. I'm going to leave tomorrow back for Redspar to see if I can find her, and if I do I'll be sure to pass on your message." Ruffling her hair when he stands up he says "Take care of yourself, maybe I'll be back someday." Although I hope not, not if I find her he adds in his own mind.[/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=jericho]The little girl smiles and laughs at the song, till her mother comes and tells her it's time to go to bed. She pouts but obays, waving good-bye to you as she walks off.[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
[SBlock]Waving goodbye to the little girl, Jericho sighs inwardly and turns to Mark at the bar "Well my friend, I am retiring for the night, I shall be down in the morning for a breakfast before I go back on the road. It looks like I'll be headed back to Redspar."
He walks back to the stairs leading to his room and begins to daydream of finding his quarry back in Redspar, I'll find you Tela, Tia, Ala, whatever your name is, and I'll make you mine... just wait.. Before he knows it he's kicked off his silver-etched boots and he's getting into bed, actually quite weary from the nights performance. He lays back and invites whatever dreams are meant for him that night. [/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]In the morning, Jericho awakes, with a slight headache and stiff fingers. Perhaps he should work up to such long performances.[/sblock]

Remove ads