D&D for 2: The Deep Calling (IC Thread)

Bront

The man with the probe
[Sblock=Jericho]
Scratched_back said:
"Know her? I know of her, and these days that's just as good." there is a pause "I'm going to go and find The Golden Toad now, thank you for your help my lady." With a nod and a slight bow, Jericho turns away and begins to walk across the market in the direction the lady had pointed, spinning the melon around in his hands. After several paces through the bustling market crowd, he cracks open the melon on his knee and hands half to a passing waif. Smiling, he begins again to walk down the road towards the Inn.
The waif thanks you and runs with the mellon, perhaps back to his family, or to a more private place to feast.

Jericho heads towards what appears to be a much finer neighborhood as it gets further from the market. Not quite as up scale as he's been used to living, but quite fine none the less. He sees the obvious sign of the Golden Toad, which appears to be a slightly upscale tavern and eatery. Being early afternoon, there are few patrons, and a single barmaid serves both occupants not at the bar itself. Little head is placed on you as you enter, other than the barmaid calling "Have a seat wherever you like." [/SBlock]

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock] Tia'ala stopped at the door and contemplated the propostion and warmly she smiled back at Peter "Thanks Pete, I knew there was a light inside of you, your'e a good man and a friend."

Peter flushed crimson in the cheeks feeling flattered and embarrrassed all at the same time, the fact that again the whole tavern seemed to be engrossed in their conversation made him feel that public speaking was not for him.
In the corner of the tavern in a window seat a couple of old farmers wives began smirking and whispering about Peter's proposition which Tia'ala could here every word of. She knew the locals would begin to talk about the relationship her and Peter would have in a very unsavoury fashion and knowing that people always found something to say about her she did'nt want Peter to become an outsider because of her. She knew he was a hard working decent member of the community but people become amazingly fickle and petty and her hanging around him could set tongues wagging; he didn't need that anymore than she did.
"Well then Tia'ala?" Peter called disturbing her trail of thought.
"I will surely keep it in mind Pete but for now I will call the pebbles my pillow and the stars my night light" and she embraced him and left the tavern not knowing what the day or night would hold. [/Sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[Sblock=Aquatica]
Aquatica said:
Tia'ala stopped at the door and contemplated the propostion and warmly she smiled back at Peter "Thanks Pete, I knew there was a light inside of you, your'e a good man and a friend."

Peter flushed crimson in the cheeks feeling flattered and embarrrassed all at the same time, the fact that again the whole tavern seemed to be engrossed in their conversation made him feel that public speaking was not for him.
In the corner of the tavern in a window seat a couple of old farmers wives began smirking and whispering about Peter's proposition which Tia'ala could here every word of. She knew the locals would begin to talk about the relationship her and Peter would have in a very unsavoury fashion and knowing that people always found something to say about her she did'nt want Peter to become an outsider because of her. She knew he was a hard working decent member of the community but people become amazingly fickle and petty and her hanging around him could set tongues wagging; he didn't need that anymore than she did.
"Well then Tia'ala?" Peter called disturbing her trail of thought.
"I will surely keep it in mind Pete but for now I will call the pebbles my pillow and the stars my night light" and she embraced him and left the tavern not knowing what the day or night would hold.
"Well, don't be a stranger Tia'ala. There'll always be a place to stay as long as I'm around," he says before waving good-bye, a touch of disapointment in his voice.

So, Tai'ala finds herself on the streets of Redspar, the sun having set only moments ago.[/Sblock]

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock] Tia'ala found herself stood in the town square staring at the cobbles she had just called her pillow. "Pretty uncomfortable pillow" she muttered sarcastically to herself.
After walking for sometime past quaint cottages lit up by amber candlelight it dawned on her that although she had been thinking of Pete in saying no to his offer, she was now getting cold and uncomfortable and didn't fancy an adventuure if it ment that she was going to freeze to death in the process.
"Trust me to become humble and thoughtful on what seems the coldest night of the year heh"Tia'ala always had a way of turning a bad situation into a joke to save her own sanity.

She came upon an old elm tree,took off her cloak laid in down on the dirt and made herself comfortable.
Feeling parched after what seemed like a gruelling walk she conjured water and doused herself in it feeling instantly comfortable and refreshed. "Thats better and now to sleep me thinks" She laid her head down to rest with her hand firmly resting on her trident should the occasion rise where it was needed.[/Sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
[Sblock] Jericho saunters into the Inn, casually nodding to the other two patrons. Crossing the room, he rests one elbow on the bar and waits for the barmaid to approach. When she does, he greets her. "Good afternoon m'lady. I need to ask three things of you." She hesitated, unsure of Jericho's intentions and he continues "One, an ale in my hand would put me to the top of the world right now. Two, if you would be so good as to rent me a room for the night, I'd appreciate it. Three…" Jericho begins to smile "…please, allow me the honour of buying you a drink for your service. I would be offended otherwise."

The barmaid begins to smile, blushing slightly. "I shall be sat by the window there if you could bring my ale? I apologise in advance if I may cause a stir, I've been on the road for a few days now and I believe my harp needs tuning." Walking across the room to the window seats, he pulls out a chair and sits, unwrapping his harp from it's protective cover. Taking a breath he plucks at two or three of the strings, pauses and plucks a few more. Looking slightly surprised, he finds it to be perfectly tuned so he begins to play. [/Sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tia'ala]Tia'ala awakes rested but sore from the hard ground and awkward pillow. Strangely, she doesn't feel cold, till she realizes she's been covered in a soft quilt. Staring at is as she awakens, she finds it vaguely familiar, yet can't place it. There's also a piece of parchment folded up next to her head with her name on it.

Opening it, it reads:
My offer still stands. I can make room at the Shipwright if you'd prefer to stay there. If not, be carefull, the streets are not a very safe place to sleep in any town. Keep the quilt, it used to keep Rachael warm at night, and hopefully it will keep you warm now

Your friend,
Pete

The sun peaks over the horizon, it's shine feeling as warm as the embrace of the quilt. A thought crosses your mind that perhaps there is more than a traveling spirit that's required to survive as a wanderer. Or perhaps it's her stomach telling her the quilt looks quite delicious.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]"Well, good sir, it's be quite improper for me to have a drink while working, and you'll have to talk to the Innkeeper about a room, though I'll see what I can do for you. But have a seet, and I'll bring you a drink right away."

Sure enough, she does bring him a drink. "Mark says it's 5 silver will rent him a room for the night, as well as use of the common bath if he wishes. That also includes dinner and breakfast, but you're a bit early for dinner."

Jericho finds, a bit to his supprise, that his harp's case shows more wear than the harp itself from travel, and indeed the Harp is in perfect tune. He begins to play, and finds that when he's done, he has the attention of the lone occupied table, as well as the few patrons at the bar. <<
Perform Check 14+11=25
>>

The Inkeeper comes out from behind the bar and says "Sir, since you intend to stay, perhaps we can make an araingement. The room, meals, and bath are on the house if you're willing to perform for much of the evening. What say you?"[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=Jericho]"Well, good sir, it's be quite improper for me to have a drink while working, and you'll have to talk to the Innkeeper about a room, though I'll see what I can do for you. But have a seet, and I'll bring you a drink right away."

Sure enough, she does bring him a drink. "Mark says it's 5 silver will rent him a room for the night, as well as use of the common bath if he wishes. That also includes dinner and breakfast, but you're a bit early for dinner."

Jericho finds, a bit to his supprise, that his harp's case shows more wear than the harp itself from travel, and indeed the Harp is in perfect tune. He begins to play, and finds that when he's done, he has the attention of the lone occupied table, as well as the few patrons at the bar. <<
Perform Check 14+11=25
>>

The Inkeeper comes out from behind the bar and says "Sir, since you intend to stay, perhaps we can make an araingement. The room, meals, and bath are on the house if you're willing to perform for much of the evening. What say you?"[/sblock]

[SBlock] "Well met Mark." Jericho gets to his feet to greet the Innkeeper to his table. "That's an interesting proposition. I hope you don't think that I came here in any way to show off, sincerely sir, that was not my intention. I only had in my mind to tune my instrument, I perhaps got carried away a little. As I was telling your serving girl, the road has made me weary and I haven't had time to practise of late." Jericho pauses to lift his mug to his lips and take a large mouthful of ale "But I do like your establishment here, and the performance perhaps would lift my spirits. I would be honoured, Sir."

Jericho extends his hand to shake on the deal, but something enters his mind and he pulls away momentarily "Oh, one more condition though, if I may. I did promise your bar lady there a drink on me, if you could see she gets one after her work is done then we have a deal. Jericho Saul, at your service" Jericho holds out his hand again, beaming. [/Sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]He extends your hand in a firm handshake. "Well met Jericho, I am Mark, as you seem to be aware. Aye, if a drink for her be the only condition, you've got yourself a deal. You've got some time to get settled, please be ready to play just before sun down, which should be about 5. I'll have drinks for you at the ready, and I only need you to play 45 minutes out of each hour, but I expect to go till round 10 or so. You're in room number 7 upstairs, and the bath is at the end of the hall."

He tosses you a key with a tag that has the number 7 on it. By your best guess, it's not quite 3 in the afternoon.[/sblock]

Remove ads