D&D for 2: The Deep Calling (IC Thread)

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock] Tia'ala placed the parchment in her cloak pocket and stood up to stretch, feeling all her bones in her neck and shoulders crick and her muscles sieze. Keeping his note would remind her of people she could trust and cared for her when she felt alone.
"A wize decision sleeping on hard ground for the night, I think not" she jested "After a night's slumber like that maybe the Shipwright doesn't seem like a bad idea after all"
Walking along the mud trail back towards Redspar town square it suddenly dawned on her... How did Peter get close enough to leave me that letter without waking me up? She prided herself on being extremely alert and aware of her surroundings even in sleep and being a lone wanderer she relied on this skill to keep her from danger. It could have been anyone approaching her, good job was a friend not foe!
"Maybe I'm more tired than I thought or maybe I was in another world whilst I slept? I do vaguely recall a dream I had although it was hazy. It will come back to me I'm sure" Her mind was still on the possible danger she could have encountered and her skill to survive alone.

After walking through the brush and taking in the scenery of the rolling hills surrounding Redspar she approached the town square, it was market day and the stalls were being set for the days trade. A local fishmonger was preparing his catch for sale and sure enough a jolly plump man was bartering with him. It was Pete.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tia'ala]Pete finishes a somewhat animated discussion with the fishmonger, but waves when he spots Tia'ala. Strangely, the stares at the market don't seem anywhere near as bad as the previous day's, though perhaps that is simple acceptance from her many visits here.

Pete heads over to Tia'ala once he's done with the discussion. "Seems the man needs another boat, but I simply can't conjure up one, and I certaintly won't accept only fish in trade. A man's got to eat, but a man's other needs as well that fish just don't solve. I've not seen too many Halibut overcoats in my day."

"How did you sleep my friend? I hope you found the night comfortable."[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=Jericho]He extends your hand in a firm handshake. "Well met Jericho, I am Mark, as you seem to be aware. Aye, if a drink for her be the only condition, you've got yourself a deal. You've got some time to get settled, please be ready to play just before sun down, which should be about 5. I'll have drinks for you at the ready, and I only need you to play 45 minutes out of each hour, but I expect to go till round 10 or so. You're in room number 7 upstairs, and the bath is at the end of the hall."

He tosses you a key with a tag that has the number 7 on it. By your best guess, it's not quite 3 in the afternoon.[/sblock]

[SBlock]"I haven't had chance to perform for many weeks now Mark, so I appreciate the opportunity. I shall be in my room preparing. Until sundown then?" Jericho stands and drains the last of the ale from his tankard. He pulls his satchel back over his head and delicately replaces the worn leather cover over the harp. Making his way toward the corridor that leading to his room, he casts his eye over the general decoration and state of the Inn. The first thing he notices is the nice carpet fitted to the floor, uncommon in many Inns due to it's cost and upkeep. It's slightly worn in the middle of the whole corridor, suggesting a lot of people walk it. For all that Jericho didn't know about this place, he could at least see that it was popular. Further down the hall where the stairs began, it was immediately apparent the carpeting seemed more flush and the tell-tale signs of wear and tear were less obvious.

It would seem the more expensive rooms would be upstairs, that's a good sign. Upstairs he walked along another corridor passing past doors marked five and six until he came to number seven. Trying the key, the door opened inwards with a smooth motion and Jericho was greeted with a fresh smell seemingly blowing in from the open window. Crossing the room and looking out he saw some stalls set up against the lower wall of the building, smaller than the ones he'd seen before, but still filling the room with the sweet scent of fruit. Well, I'd better prepare for my first performance. I hope I'm ready for it, god knows I had enough lessons! Jericho sat down on the bed, pulled of his shoes and took a deep breath, fighting the nerves that were playing at him. "I hope I can play you as well as mother did, Harp. You're still in the family you know."[/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]The time arives when Jericho needs to head downstairs, and there is a small crowd already gathered in the Inn, eating and socializing. The small stage in the corner has a single chair, and a small table by the side, which a barmaid places a beer as she sees you come down.

Finishing that one up quickly, and then setting it down in front of the stage, you begin to play, and occasionaly sing. Over the course of your performances, you get to see a large number of townsfolk enter or leave the establishment, and a few people linger a bit longer for your songs. On occasion, a beer shows up, sometimes on the bar, sometimes on a patron. A few coins find their way into the glass at the front of the stage, and overall, you'd call your performance a success, though even with the breaks you're ready to rest at the end of the eve.

Unfortunately, there was no sign of the mysterious woman.

OOC: If you wish to RP anything you wanted to do durring the performance, feel free. Don't go too nuts, and let me fill in any NPC actions. You earned 15 copper and 7 silver in tips.[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
[SBlock] Putting down his harp after the final song, nerves now dispelled with his first real performance out of the way, Jericho's first thought is of his bed. Despite feeling the fatigue of the concentration of his music and song, he is gracious as ever. Stepping down from the stage Jericho tries to seek out the generous members of the audience that bought him a drink and shake their hands.

Smiling and talking with the patrons in the Inn for the next half hour or so, he attempts to bring numerous conversations around to talk of the girl he seeks. Somebody here must know of her, if they won't talk now, half-cut with ale and caught up in the mood, they never will.

Making note of what customers had said, trying to store any small details to run back over in his mind later, Jericho approaches Mark, standing at the bar serving an old looking man a few feet down the bar. "This is a wonderful place my friend, it was a pleasure to perform in. People must come from a good distance if putting on acts is a regular thing. You must get all types in here eh?"[/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]"Really, my friend, I don't get too many minstrels that pass through, but it's good to have them play now and again, as they usually draw a crowd for a few days, and loosten the purse strings a bit more. Mostly, I get my share of traveling merchants. Those with the money to not stay in a more hostile location, but not wanting to break their bank too much you see. There are those with money to spend that live 'round here, so it only seems natural for those who wish to facilitate it's spending should stay here."

Indeed, many of the patrons did seem to be merchants, or those who most definately not poor, and you could see how that could be good for business of an inn.[/sblock]

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock] "Not too comfortable" Tia'ala replies rubbing her neck as she spoke. "I'm greatful for the comfort I recieve when I awoke in the form of a friendly letter... I wonder who could have left that for my eyes?" she chuckled and winked.

Peter smiled and again reminded Tia'ala that his offer still stood should she need the extra help on her journey. "Well,after a deep and meaningful conversation wiith my aching bones we decided that maybe hard muddy ground is not compatible with them, maybe a more lavish and snug aboad is on the cards! With that in mind I accept your'e offer and thank you kindly" Tia'ala then extended her hand for a handshake and Pete suprisingly embraced her in a hug.

It was settled and I can finally relax about where I could lay my head each night, for now at least as I plan on adventure that cannot be found in Redspar. she thought.

She turned to Pete and said "So, whats the plan today? anything I could turn my hand to?"[/Sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tia'ala]"Tis good to hear you'll be staying. I'm on my way to the shipwright now. Once you get settled, we can take a look at one of my smaller boats. Just a personal little row boat, but it gets me around if I need it. I think it's got a hole, and perhaps some rotting near the bottem, but I could use a second pair of eyes and hands."

Pete leads you to the Shipwright, which is a fairly large building on the coast. He enters through a small door that leads from a path, while there are two large double doors next to the entrance, where deliveries are possably made. He leads you back to a small office, that has a private room in the back with a cott and a night stand.

"It's no spa, but it's a warm, safe place to rest your head. That is, unless you'd rather stay at the house..."

"If you want, you can grab a quick nap there while I finish a few bits of paperwork up. You still look a bit tired."[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=Jericho]"Really, my friend, I don't get too many minstrels that pass through, but it's good to have them play now and again, as they usually draw a crowd for a few days, and loosten the purse strings a bit more. Mostly, I get my share of traveling merchants. Those with the money to not stay in a more hostile location, but not wanting to break their bank too much you see. There are those with money to spend that live 'round here, so it only seems natural for those who wish to facilitate it's spending should stay here."

Indeed, many of the patrons did seem to be merchants, or those who most definately not poor, and you could see how that could be good for business of an inn.[/sblock]

[SBlock] Nodding his understanding to Mark, Jericho picks up the last mug of ale from the bar and headed back into the crowd of the room. I've been nursing this drink for an age now, I can't get into the spirit knowing that a creature of such beauty is out there... she should be here by my side. Downing the remains of his drink and with a sudden burst of energy, Jericho leaps up onto the empty stage, grabbing another empty mug as he goes. "Friends, listen to me, I ask a favour of you all!" banging the two mugs together until a hush comes over the room, he ignores the puzzled faces and continues "I played for you all tonight, and I hope you enjoyed it..." he pauses as a few replies are shouted, some definitly from drunks now "I must confess friends, my heart wasn't in it. I know in my heart I could play one hundred times better! No, one thousand times better! I could play a tune that would make the tables and chairs themselves dance!" again he pauses as more shouts come across the room, more faces turn from puzzlement to smiles "Do it then!" a patron shouts out. "I would Sir, I would for such a fine crowd... but the reason I cannot is because there's something missing..." casually dropping the second mug he places the now empty hand over his heart and puts on a pained face "...I need a muse, an inspiration, and I know exactly what I seek." he lowers his head, still with his hand over his heart. "Spit it out then lad!" the voice of the heckler is heard again. "I've heard stories of a girl, a lady, her skin a pale green so beautiful it's as if the waves themselves washed her ashore and forgot to reclaim her! I've heard the stories, I've come here all the way from Redspar in search, but she's nowhere to be found."

Again, murmers fill the room as the occupants appear to be unsure about what to do. One man holding a flagon in one hand points his finger and winds circles around his head, gesturing to his friend that the performer has lost his marbles. "I shall do you a deal, people of The Golden Toad..." he throws a quick wink at Mark who is leaning on the bar watching the spectacle "...I have no plans for the forseeable future and I love a challenge! If you help me to find her, if somebody can lead me to her or guide my way, I'll return to this Inn and play you a tune so enchanting that the gods themselves will stop to listen! Furthermore, I shall do it for free! If I can't, the drinks are from my purse for a month!" with just a slight pause, a look of excitement on his face again "WHAT DO YOU SAY MY FRIENDS?" [/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho] There are murmers amonst the crowd at your declaration. "Why would he want to find that cold fish?" "Didn't that... thing... leave?" "She inspires me, if you know what I mean." "Does he mean Tela? That was her name right?" till finaly, one girl, perhaps ten years old comes up to you and says "She was sad when her daddy died, and I think she left. She used to live in the big house around the block. She was pretty, and used to give me shells to play with. Momma says to stay away from her, but I guess I don't have to worry, cause she went to some Red on the coast. I miss her shells though. If you find her, can you tell her Sara misses her?"[/sblock]

Remove ads