• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DARKSUN / RAVENLOFT: Killer in Kalidnay PT II

dead_radish

Explorer
Tallask is basically keeping up the rear, looking around nervously at the tunnels, and waiting to see what the people up front discover.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
SRD said:
Pipes of the Sewers: These wooden pipes appear ordinary, but if the possessor learns the proper tune, he can attract 1d3 rat swarms if rats are within 400 feet. For each 50-foot distance the rats have to travel, there is a 1-round delay. The piper must continue playing until the rats appear, and when they do so, the piper must make a DC 10 Perform (wind instruments) check. Success means that they obey the piper’s telepathic commands so long as he continues to play. Failure indicates that they turn on the piper. If for any reason the piper ceases playing, the rats leave immediately. If they are called again within a day, the Perform check DC is 15.
If the rats are under the control of another creature, add the HD of the controller to the Perform check DC. Once control is assumed, another check is required each round to maintain it if the other creature is actively seeking to reassert its control.[/QOUTE]

Socrates plays the pipes (he needs to roll a 15 or better to make the pipes work)

Velmont

First Post
"Andus, let me take a look."

Adament try to inspect the plate, to see if they can hold his weight and if there would be a way to Andus to pass over them.

Velmont said:
"Andus, let me take a look."

Adament try to inspect the plate, to see if they can hold his weight and if there would be a way to Andus to pass over them.

He would shatter them easily. As is, any of you whom jumped on them could break them with some effort.

While looking at the plates you spot something in the muck. It appears to be a key of some sort. The key has a stylish handle that resembles the head and outstetched arm of a Thrax (aquatic vampire type of critter). Its fingers form the "teeth" of the key. It is fairly clean suggesting it has not been here a long time.

dead_radish

Explorer
Tallask peers ahead from the back of the group. He doesn't hear shouting, so it's likely not an attack, but they are clearly stopped. "Something of interest?"

Velmont

First Post
"We can use that way if we take care, but it would be without Andus, it will never support his weight. And I found this."

Adament gives the key to Socrate.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
(sorry I'm behind.)

Socrates takes the key and examins it. "Interesting style. I hope it bodes better than it looks. We have found a Key in the muck. Keep your eyes pealed for a lock." Socrates trys walking around the plate and continuing on.

G

Guest 11456

Andus : Half-Giant Gladiator 3

Andus shrugs and lets the others by.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads