Deicide: The slaying of Cyric. 3.5 Epic

Myth and Legend

First Post
Yes I'm playing her as someone who has several lines of thought running simultaneously in their head - she is smart after all. To a normal person she seems chaotic and maybe a bit insane.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Myth, would you agree for me to have ready some contingency actions for Molak? He has some nice things to do out of surprise.

[sblock=Contingencies]

-If attacked: Quicken Retributive invisibility.
-If a spell is casted upon Molak, and he identifies it as high level and potentially harmful: Use Spell turning ring to reflects the next nine levels of spells cast at him.
-If two or more melee attackers close to Molak, then use quicken Fell flight to fly upwards.
-Any time: Have See the unseen and Entropic warding active.

Note that Molak has Freedom of movement and Evasion

[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Yep i actually asked for this plus a relevant statblock and chosen powers :) This:

If a spell is casted upon Molak, and he identifies it as high level and potentially harmful: Use Spell turning ring to reflects the next nine levels of spells cast at him.

Is not a contingency, but a readied action (which you can also do).

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Almost done! I will post what I have in the RG, I still need a backstory, is the big problem for me right now.

EDIT: I will need to finish up the sheet typing for the crunch tomorrow

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Gandalf might I suggest Pierce Magical Protection and Pierce Magical Concealment? These feats are very useful for a martial character. Let me know when you post your build so i can nitpick and review.

Malachei

First Post
He's posted in the Rogue's Gallery.

A straight Fighter 20 archer -- I'm impressed.

Probably you know, this, but if not, here is a link to the archery handbook here

I'm not sure whether there is a newer version.

Many consider clerics to make the best archers. And then there is scout, whose skirmish can be made to stack with ranger levels, IIRC, at the cost of one feat.

Of course, going straight fighter gives you an incredible amount of feats.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Straight Fighter 20? Oh brother...OK nipticking (at a glance)

What RP reason does a Fighter have for worshiping Mystra?

Constitution 14 is too low. You are an Archer thus won't benefit from STR as much as say, a power attacking Barbarian charger. Get it higher. You don't need Cha. If you do intend to get it higher, get two levels of Paladin for the save bonuses.

Run is a waste of a feat. Considering there's Haste, flight and teleportion, you won't need it much.

The other feats - check out the Archery handbook, I haven't optimized an archer before (although I will need to rather soonish)

Invest ranks in Spot/Listen. I'll make them class skills for the fighter.

You have a lot more gold to spend. Get a Belt of Battle (MiC), make your weapon spell storing, get boots of teleportation and stack the item slot with boots of speed and anklets of translocation (MiC). Especially that last part if you go for skirmish damage.

Buy and read some tomes, especially for +Con.

If you go for a sniper build who uses hide, be sure to pump up UMD and get a wand of Sniper Shot, and an armour that boost Hide/MS.

That's what i can tell you off the top of my head.

Voda: Time to read up on the eight Zulkirs of Thay. In particular, it's impossible to have the whole eight assembled for Molak. Better pick one and try and get him.

Do you have the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting? That's the information you need, as the FR wiki has updated the Zulkirs to 4E (lots of death and turmoil happened there)

Last edited:

Malachei

First Post
You might also want to take a look into PHB II for interesting feats. For your fighter, Ranged Weapon Mastery and Weapon Supremacy come to mind immediately.

Also, the Combat Form feats, although better for a meeleist, might be an option: Combat Focus and Combat Vigor provide you with fast healing 2 for 11 rounds per fight, after your first successful attack. Perhaps not worth two feats for most characters with less feats, but an option for a fighter.

Also, looking into the Complete Series of books for feats and prestige classes might be worthwhile.

Remove ads