D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Sorry about the silence. Crazy weekend. I will be kind of gone over the next two days. I might be able to post at night sometime.

Rystil[sblock]What I wrote for the Inquisitor ability is a little bit different than what you are giving me. Actually I kind of prefer your interpretation! ;)

The way that you are interpreting this is seems to be that I expend my Smite Use and I can get the 'Crow Effect"... I.E. their decent in to darkness on the 4rth round? This way is defintely more user friendly!

Actually to change the ability so that the 4rth round I can get their [Corrupted] classification like Detect Evil (evil, evil priest, defiler and so on and then I can spend my smite to get their decent in to darkness. I like that...

Is this what you are thinking? This might actually be more balanced and work better? :D What do you think? BTW - I like the description!! :D

New Text:

Sight of the Inquisitor: You may expend one of your Smite Corruption attempts to use Sight of the Inquisitor. You may activate Sight of the Inquisitor as a free action when you receive the 4rth information for one specific individual you may determine their Corrupted Stream. If a Dragon Lord has recently reduced their Taint score to 0 and they only have a lingering aura present every step of their fall will flash before you to corruption and reveal their true motives so that final judgement may be known. (As well as everything that may effect that judgement.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
I would say that you could probably use a Wish to permanently bump a stat up at equivalent point buy cost to another stat as long as it was within the starting boundaries of Point Buy (8 + racial mod through 18 + racial mod) without worrying over the inherent bonus (like the tomes) :)

In the hopes of keeping my hopes from getting up could we keep it to stuff that could be plausible and truly happen… :lol:

Thanee

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Just out of curiosity does anyone know of anything that allows you to swap base ability scores or to bump them in a cannot be dispelled? (Minus the tomes and manuals in the DMG.)

Permanently? Nope.

I’m not really happy with some of Molpe’s mechanical aspects and you all did have suggests for swapping feats and skill points...

What are you not happy with? Maybe there are other solutions... :)

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
FX:
[SBLOCK]
Actually, reading the feat again, I like it better the way you have it, where you have to touch them to read the 'Crow effect'--the physical contact makes sense to me (I know you had to expend a Smite attempt, but I for some reason thought the Smite was required for round 4--d'oh!)...let's just revert to your description but say that Nemesis gave you this one for free to show you the extent of your newfound power :). Oh, and his delineation is 'Dragonlord' :D
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
In the hopes of keeping my hopes from getting up could we keep it to stuff that could be plausible and truly happen… :lol:
I find a Wish plausible...in my games, PCs do sometimes find themselves in a position where they have a Wish at their disposal :)

FreeXenon

Rystil[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Actually, reading the feat again, I like it better the way you have it, where you have to touch them to read the 'Crow effect'--the physical contact makes sense to me (I know you had to expend a Smite attempt, but I for some reason thought the Smite was required for round 4--d'oh!)...let's just revert to your description but say that Nemesis gave you this one for free to show you the extent of your newfound power :). Oh, and his delineation is 'Dragonlord' :D
Sweet... Rock on!! Freebies are Cool! :cool: [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil and AbMM[sblock]Am I correct in assuming that there is nothing really we can do without Eonthar's approval to give up the gem - that is if we don't figure a way out of this situation that hasn't come to me in the past week?

If that's the case do we want to put everything on hold or figure something out? I assume that we're to the point of either hand it over or things get ugly and by rights we would have done that by now.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

AbMM[sblock]Things have been kind of slow partly because of me. The gem[ball] is pretty much in my jungle [court] and has been left to me to decide, as far as I am aware. Working on a post now to get things going... [/sblock]

FreeXenon

Rystil[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
There's about eight guards, plus the captain and Zaryl Barryn, sort of surrounding the group in a 270 degree arc to get a closer look, with the captain in the middle talking to Zykovian and Barryn approaching on the same side. Erila is at Barryn's side. Of course, in the Noble's Ward, more guards are probably just a plea for back-up away ;)
Are our backs to the wall? I am thinking of giving a run a try. Considering what I know about him I do not think that it would be successful. I am just one high level spell away from being destroyed or captured. Hmmmm.... Dragon Lord for Brunch... Hmmm... Need... More... Levels...
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
FreeXenon & Rystil[sblock]Based on Zykovian's calculations, there is very little chance of success, and anything done currently would only make recovering the gem at a later point several magnitudes more difficult.[/sblock]

Remove ads