D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Keia& Rystil[sblock]ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Sneaky, Tricksy DM!!!! ARRRRrrrggggghhhh!!! :p
I feel better! :heh: [/sblock]

FreeXenon

Rystil[sblock]I am thinking our Dragon Lord entry follows the Evil outsider entry?

Code:
                         Faint          Moderate      Strong       Overwhelming
Evil creature1 (HD)  	10 or lower  	11–25  	        26–50  	     51 or higher
Undead (HD) 	         2 or lower    3–8 	         9–20 	    21 or higher
Evil outsider (HD) 	1 or lower 	2–4         5–10  	    11 or higher
[/sblock]

khavren

First Post
Rystil

[sblock]
I don't know the culture that well, what are the odds we could insist on going to see Eleqounce for the payoff instead of doing it here? Or is it more like these guards will do what the high ranking guy says and it's hand it over now or it's a fight? Also, have I ever heard of elequeonce?

[/sblock]

FreeXenon

Rystil[sblock]What is the name of the ceremony that the Mojiin in the vision were performing, or hte cave name, or the name of an individual their? I am looking for something to mention to Zaryl so that he knows that I really know what he has done. :D :cool: [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia and All but Melody and Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
Based on Zykovian's calculations, there is very little chance of success, and anything done currently would only make recovering the gem at a later point several magnitudes more difficult.
I'd agree with this. There are really two choices.

a) Try to avoid giving up the gem
Consequences: Go from being everyone's buddy to fugitives, very low chance of success, but if it works, you have the Crazan Arris right now

b) Give it away and immediately plan to get it back
Consequences: You gain 10,000 credits, but you may not get that chance to get it back
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Khavren:
[SBLOCK]
It seems unlikely that they would listen to you if you insisted on seeing Eloquence--Eloquence was just a middleman and Zaryl is the guy hiring for this job ;)

You got a pretty awesome roll on Knowledge: Local, so you know that Eloquence is a Dolathi with eyes and ears everywhere who has plenty of leads. She sometimes goes goes by 'Elle' among friends when she is a girl, and she is known for being discreet and selective about who she chooses to receive her information.
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
FreeXenon:
[SBLOCK]
Its actually a really obscure cave that Mhrazhar has never seen before or heard of in his time on Arris--who knows what ancient secrets could have been hidden there ;)
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
FX:
[SBLOCK]
Re: Taint entries--

Dragonlords actually don't follow that chart because their Taint aura is based on how much they use their Siphon Power ability and accumulate taint, so you could have a Level 1 Dragonlord that has a Strong aura or a level 20 that has only Faint ;)

Oh, but Defilers use the Evil Outsider chart ;)
[/SBLOCK]

FreeXenon

Rystil[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Dragonlords actually don't follow that chart because their Taint aura is based on how much they use their Siphon Power ability and accumulate taint, so you could have a Level 1 Dragonlord that has a Strong aura or a level 20 that has only Faint ;)

Oh, but Defilers use the Evil Outsider chart ;)
Interesting! :) I will need to file that one away... :cool: [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
FX:
[SBLOCK]
Okey dokey :)

Its pretty neat how it works, I think, because it allows the Avenger to judge, in a very objective sense, just how much a particular Dragonlord has drained Arris's lifeforce (rather than the Dragonlord's power) which is something Avengers would like to know. For instance, it is perfectly possible to play a Dragonlord to Level 20 and not Siphon any power (like Seeten's Dragonlord concept for Diplomatic Immunity), and only Hatesowers would kill a Dragonlord like that.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads