• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears: Varylys (Almost at Chapter 1!)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian filled in the details of what he had learned back in Eldiz.

[High Praetorian]
"Apparently, there have been several Mojiin dying, one a night, actually. Eye witnesses claim that it is a praetorian woman with silver hair, wearing the scales, and head of a dragon or mojinn. The victims appear to have been drawn out of the Mojinn Grove . . . one each night. The woman killed them and wrote messages in their blood. Here are the messages in order. Each of the killings were performed at these points within the Labourer's Ward . . . making this rune drawn here,"
[/High Praetorian] Zykovian explained.

[High Praetorian]
"I managed to catch up with her, me and another bounty hunter, who wasn't interested in working together,"
[/High Praetorian] Zykovian continued. [High Praetorian]
"We caught her after she killed again but before she could leave her message. She used magic to avoid us, and escape, though she came back to finish the message . . . here is the final message . . . "You have failed to appear, and for this, your brethren shall pay in cold blood. If you wish the Mojiin Grove in Eldiz to survive, you will appear to defend it. Nemesis's End has already begun.""
[/High Praetorian]

He showed the Mojinn several drawing that he had from the incident, that way Mhrazhar could read them himself and Zykovian wouldn't mess up the translation.

OOC: EDIT I wanted to get it in though before the arrival at the tavern. If Rystil would please add anything I may have missed, Zyk would appreciate it.

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Fedowin, Male Rowaini Swashbuckler

*Taking an interest in the conversation between Zykovian and Mhrazhar, Fedowin moves close enough to view the drawings as they are shown.*

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mhrazhar, Mojiin Inquisitor 3

Mhrazhar smiles and nods lightly with satisfaction whispering "It will come full circle." and then smiles broadly. [High Praetorian]"
Thank you Zykovian. This is very good news. Perhaps she will find it convenient to show herself after we have recovered the Crazan. ...and by the grace of Arris I will not fail this time.
" He looks to Abdiel and says [Mojiin] "
Our initial mission will be finished soon one way or the other, Sister.
"

Mhrazhar raises an inquisitive eyebrow to Priya and says [Mojiin]"
In any case welcome and well met.
"

Mhrazhar looks to Melody and says "It is close by and we should be there soon. Alire is there now."

Rhystil[sblock]How far is it to the Darkmoon Tavern?
Is there anything else pertinent that Zykovian would want to tell me about this Praetorian woman, and what are the drawings again? Am I at all familiar with this Mojiin Grove as it does not sound familiar? Then again I am not so familiar with the city that we were at because I am a people person. :D :uhoh: :( Thanks! [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The drawings are sketches of blurry and indistinct Mojiin runes.*

[SBLOCK=Mhrazhar]The Darkmoon Tavern is fairly close, so it won't take long to get there. The Mojiin Grove in Eldiz is just a place where Mojiin gather in the Faith Ward. The messages in the drawings generally just speak of bloodletting and killing the Mojiin here just like your family, and they all, with the exception of the final message quoted by Zykovian, ended with 'I shall meet you at Nemesis's End'.[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian looked oddly at Mhrazhar. [High Praetorian]"
I take it that you have dealt with this woman before, then?
" Zykovian inquiried. [High Praetorian]"
If so, she needs to be stopped, and I want to help out with that if I can.
"

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mhrazhar, Mojiin Inquisitor 3

Mhrazhar hisses "This... Taij... brought the Dragon Lords who destroyed my village and showed me first hand what the elders' stories told me of the merciless swath they cut through Arris' life force.

This is the first time I that I truly felt Arris weep... a profound and soul rending mourning as a mother cries for the loss of her children as she watches their blood being spilt with naught that she could do.
" He shakes his head slightly as his head lowers a little bit. His face contorts slightly as painful memories flash through his mind.

"She is the sole reason why I left Arris. Nemesis requests that I send her his regards." A predatory smile creeps across his face.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovia nodded grimly, "She's definitely calling you or someone like you out, my friend. She ran when threatened, the messages . . . the actions . . . she was definitely looking for someone to attack. So what is . . . Nemesis's End?"

Remove ads