• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Detchitoyo HS Q.1 Continued

Festy_Dog

First Post
Rikandur Azebol said:
"I remember You, Thomas-san ... reasonable and well thought battleplan, until events started to happen too fast for logical and metodic warfare ..."

Thomas nods.

This Usagi girl seems very agreeable.

Rikandur Azebol said:
She seem to be out of words, how to politely tell him that he lost miserably. It was written all over her face.

Or maybe not so agreeable.

Thomas is no stranger to reading an expression.

Tssk, just another reminder about how much I need a bigger gun. Thus I find the downside to this conversation.

Rikandur Azebol said:
"... but good to see that You have recovered from Your wounds by now. Maybe, just maybe, we could ask fortune teller or other person dabbling in asking questions that are anserved, I must admit that I don't know where to start such investigation, my knowledge about occult is somewhat limited. I would know what happened to falchion girl, Thomas-san if this case is linked with ... investigation performed by You, and maybe we would all gain some clues."

I have had my fill of Usagi, those games are looking a whole lot better right now.

"Perhaps," Thomas replies, and glances in the direction of the arcade, "But now I take my leave, tonight is a celebration so I will try to enjoy it. Good evening, Usagi."

I doubt I will find any enjoyment here.

Thomas walks back to the arcade, immersing himself in gun games again.

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
"Good evening to You too, Thomas-san."

Damn ... I and my long tongue. Boys take defeat a lot harder, it seem to pain him still.

You are quite quiet for a woman. Remember that pride might be his weakness, in case he insult You. I won't led You by hand all the time.

Shut up, shut up, shut up ... please.

Thought girl to her obnoxious sword. And her expression became clear and neutral while she waited for responses from others.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Even if he found he's not so special anymore for Detchitoyo standards, J.K. is still quite used to people getting all wide-eyed when they see him.
"No need for excuses, Usagi-san. <And nice to meet you.>"
The beast boy bows in the proper Japanese way, then offers his paw with a grin, in the proper American way.
His grin disappears quickly as the samurai-ko begins to speak about the missing girls. J.K. strangely feels like his senses are trying to scream something to him, but his mind has no clue.
"Mmm...I don't think I can remember her either. Do you perchance have something, or could point me to something that belongs to her. If her abductors left any traces behind, I may be able to track her."
As he talks, J.K. quite does his best not to look at Usagi. He finds her very beautiful indeed, but he would never risk... complicating things with Raya. In fact, he's trying to to keep his stare on the indian girl's eyes, hoping desperately he's making a fool of himself as he thinks he's doing.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
"Thank You for kind words, J.K.-kun*, and accepting my apologies. I shouldn't think of You as of plush teddy of Raya-chan**. I'm also pleased with meeting You."

She squezzed his paw, after returning the bow in proper manner, seemingly unused to such greetings like giwing a hand. She is strong for someone so delicate looking ... Many adults have softer hands and weaker grip. She was relived that he was ... human, perchaps Japanese even, under his inhuman skin. Her eyes blinked slightly on him mentioning his exordinary scent, and she stared on his nose inquisitively before nodding.

"It is useful, for sure. And I could show You her school box. I think that next schoolday would be good, if You participate in ... art lessons. Or during the lunch break. And ... Your victory over this fool was flawless, even if he will chase You afterwards. You should break his leg. It works on obnoxious boyfriend wannabees."

And it isn't entirely sure if she is joking or speaking this seriously. And even her voice is pleasant to listen ...

OOC:
J.K. is doomed then Lihtenhart-san ? ;)

And my obnoxious and shoddy translations.
*Kun- suffix meaning greater familiarity, sort of buddy or respectful friendship.
**Chan-suffix meaning above in case of grils, I think, and when used in case of boys it mean usually very close friend.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Damien strolls back to the others, a cup of punch in hand and sips it slowly as he watches the rapid fire conversation with a bemused look on his face. He inclines his head slightly in greetings to his friends.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Thomas wrapped his hand around the grip of another light gun. This time he was in front of a Crisis Zone machine, and the light gun bore similarities to his own sub-machinegun in a few ways. He rested his briefcase against the machine in front of him and started. The gunfire satisfied an urge within him, and he felt at peace as he gunned down simulated terrorist after simulated terrorist.

Zack2216

First Post
After an hour into the party, a servant walks up to Jason, whispering something in his ear. J.K. hears "Sir, there is some very odd weather happening outside." Jason, uncaring about his servants secracy "So what? What do you mean by weird?" The servant, keeping his voice low, "It's raining heavily outside. However, only your property seems to be affected. It has already rained 3 inches in the last 15 minutes." A stupid, confused look crosses over Jasons face, followed by a "Wha?" The servant, keeping his head, "We're going to have a flood on our hands" Jason, "Oh, ok. well, deal with it" Smiling at the people around him that overheard, like it was nothing, he continues his previous conversation. The servant walks off, with a hard face on him, wondering what he should do.

Lugh: you sense a minute amount of evocation and conjuration magic coming from far above, possibly the roof.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Lugh looks around at the group and then whispers quietly

"I think we should go and have a look upstairs. Someone up there is playing with magic. And if I can sense it from down here ...."

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Usagi, sword bunny.

Usagi raised her eyebrow, then quietly nodded to Lugh and scanned her surroundings with sharp glance. She noticed worried servant, and suprise written on Jason's face. And spoke quietly.

"You are hinting that it is powerful, Lugh-san ? It could be both bad and good, bad if caster is powerful enough that this display of magic is not absorbing caster's full attention. Or, if odds are in our favor, this is demanding display of power and caster is fully concentrated on maitaining it. I'm going to check it up ..."

Usagi standed up, bowed to everyone assembled with apporiate etiqueete and quietly moved upstairs while straining her ears to hear anything.

OOC:
Move Silently +7, Hide +7, Listen +5. I hope that Usagi would manage to to spy on spellslinger before he or she would fry her. :D

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Her lunchbox will work perfectly, Usagi-chan. I'll go check outside."
J.K. unties his tie and gives it to Raya, then ventures out in the pouring rain.
The rain makes his nose useless, but he tries anyway to listen to what's happening on the roof. He looks for anything he can climb or jump on to reach the roof. Nobody expects the soaking wet beastboy from below.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads